log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tillington tracks the gnoll to the window, and fires. He then turns to his companion at his feet, and the barmaid staunching his wound. He's about to ask her to carry him outside, when the warforged they had spotted earlier grabns the body and begins to move. So she is safe, or safer than she'd be with him.

The noise is getting louder, and Tillington can feel the heat on his face.

"Is there anyone else inside?" he yells at the top of his voice. If he can see the one remaining fdrunk, he will go to him, get him to crouch down and make their way out, holding his breath as he does so. If he doesn't get a response, or if the drunk is already on his way out, he takes the bag (and any possessions Maladiel had left) and runs to the door.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar hears the commotion on the side, but by the time he gets there there is no one to shoot down. He would prefer to take one alive, but the crooks are a slippery kind. He does however pull out gnolls body out of the window. Maybe clerics can ask a few questions. It occurs to him that the gnoll might still be alive, but there were people inside and maybe another bad guy.

"Everyone out, hands where I can see them!"
He bellows into the inn, covering the exit with his crossbow while at the same time remaining hopefully out of easy shooting from within

Actions: Move, pull the gnoll out, move back, bellow, if there is an action remaining, ready to shoot first person that shoots at him (unless I had to use dash to do all that running around the building :) )
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We're coming out! Bad guys are dead! We have wounded!"
Malix has barely enough strength to move the sorcerer. Luckily, sorcerers aren't usually to beefy.
"I am a doctor, a healer, once we're safe I can check your wounds."
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
23rd of Vult, 997YK. Just after sunrise.
Callestan District, Sharn. Outside of the burning Imp and Owl.


Ozzar pulls the dead gnoll out of the window. The gnoll has his armor and weapons (Longbow, Spear, and Leather), but nothing else of note.

Tillington gets no response from inside the building, and makes his own escape.

Nissa helps Malix drag Maladiel outside. When they make it a safe distance away from the burning bar, Nissa falls to her knees and whimpers while staring at the raging inferno.

The smoke and commotion has roused several people from their slumbers. Some are locals, but most are visitors who were staying at the nearby inns. A small crowd gathers to gawk at the fire, offering reactions, rumors, and hearsay.

"The Imp and Owl, eh? Never liked their Eye-Scream Floats, still a pity."
"The work of the Dark Six no doubt."
followed by a prayer gesture "Sovereigns guide us!"
"Wasn't this a Boromar joint? Must have been a hit!"
"I was in there!"
Hic "There were fire-breathing dragons! Barely escaped with me life!"
"This district has gone to pot ever since Ilyra Boromar was elected Councilor. I told you all we should have voted for il'Marasha, but nobody listens to Ol' Scrappie!"


Other onlookers take in the scene then scramble to escape the district before the watch can show up, while A kindly looking halfing approaches Nissa with a blanket and a cup a Tal. "Nissa? It's me, Eranna. What happened last night, is anyone hurt?"

Nissa can only respond with tears.

GM: Shock and Awe combat over. It will be a few minutes before the fire brigade arrives.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel is far away. At first there was a sense of pain, of not wanting to be here, but it turned into a peaceful, sleep-like state of mind.

Empty. Calm. Fuzzy.

Except for that faint feeling, as if he forgot something important. Like a bee, buzzing around just close enough to be distracting, but not enough to focus on...

OOC: Still unconscious. Not sure how long that lasts without help.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Outside, Tillington sees the body of Maladiel lying beside the road on the far side of the burning tavern. He reaches in his pockets, and pulls out the series of hooks, levers, and other devices he carries with him, and bends over the fallen figure.

"Let me help" he says, thrusting a small blade into the wound, and apparently cutting deeper. As he does, the wound begins to close and in seconds he withdraws the knife from a healed injury. "Can you hear me?" he asks, wiping the blade and putting it back in his pocket.

OOC: The Marvels of Modern Medicine.

Cast Cure wounds, regain 1d8+3=9 hit points.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The nagging feeling increases, a bit painfully so, until suddenly it drops away.

Mal gasps, and the sensation brings him back fully into his physical body. Pain! is what his mind screams, then as the half-elf opens his eyes, he is confused about the near-lack of any pain.

Involuntarily his hand finds the place where he knows he was injured, but it only finds a small scarlike crust.

"Thanks," Maladiel says softly, looking into Tillington's eyes. Then, reluctantly, he adds, "I owe you."

OOC: Back to full health!

HP 7/7
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Not at all," says Tillington dismissing what was clearly a meaningful offer. "You're helping me. Right?" he says, tilting his head in the direction of the city gates.

For the second time that evening, there is blood on Tillington's hands.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Alright!" huffs the dwarf brandishing a crossbow at the quartet "Who are you, do you know who these are and why were you attacked?"

Black haired dwarf with Kundarak tattoo wearing watch uniform keeps the weapon not quite directly pointed toward the group. The quarrel from gnolls crossbow sticks from his shoulder, the blood seeping slowly, staining the uniform.

He looks down at the bolt.
"Hrrmph! You guys are good guys here, let's not get too tense here. You're not under arrest. I grant you're the defenders here and you helped the people leave the burning building. But I will need to hold you as witnesses. Please don't make trouble, I'm not in the mood. I will vouch for you, I am a witness too."

Image
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix holds his hands away from his body after checking his mask is still in place. He offers to the (non?)threatening officer in dwarven
"Please, master Kundarak, we're just random patrons and the waitress..." he motions toward the crying hobgoblina "...I don't know them, they don't know me, and the attack was...I guess...gang related or just random violence since the caster was heavy drug user."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel gets up slowly, then looks at the dwarf pointing a crossbow in their general direction.

"Ozzar?" the half-elf says hesitantly, then smiles. "It seems you helped save me and the others inside! You have my gratitude once again."

He looks at the burning tavern with some regret. "Although it does pain me to see that place go up in flames. And Nissa here now without employment. And..." Looking around with alarm, Mal asks, "Where's the barkeep?"
 


Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Nissa, covered in soot and a blanket, tugs weakly at Maladiel's sleeve. "Mal... he's still behind the bar..."

Eranna moves in to comfort the girl, though the best she can manage is a hug around the hobgoblin's waist. "Don't worry Nissa, we will always have a spot for you at The Broken Anvil Inn. Speaking of which, if the constable doesn't mind, we should get you and your friends off the street and away from the rubber-neckers. No need to make further spectacle of suffering."

After a few minutes, the fire brigade comes to the rescue on their bright red skycoach. Armed with modified Decanters of Endless Water backed up with a few choice castings of Control Flames, they quickly subdue the inferno. Cheers and applause come from the gathered crowd, which dissipates now that the action is over, leaving them only with a story to retell and punctuate their lives.

As the brigade packs their tools up, they debrief with the cleanup and survey crew. An unglamorous but necessary team that has the task of getting rid of the rubble, finding clues, and making sure that what's left of the tower doesn't crash into around it. From the crew, a half-elf with a writing-spellshard approaches you all. "Officer Nabadar, I presume? Detective Ivello, always a pleasure to meet a hero. From what I hear this fire would have been much worse without your quick action. Are these the witnesses? At any rate lets get you debriefed and interviewed so you can head home, it's been a long night."

GM: Go ahead and give your recollection of the events that happened. Feel free to embellish as mush as you would like. @Hades#2 if you would like we can introduce you as a witness here too
 
Last edited:


MetaVoid

Adventurer
"That's me, detective. Thanks for the praise, right now I don't feel heroic with this toothpick still sticking out of me. The culprits were unlucky to pass me by on their way to the tavern. You know that moment when you just know something bad is gonna happen? Well, that! I was literally on their heels. I'm sorry I couldn't prevent barkeeps death, I really didn't anticipate the explosion. Sorry, Nisa."

He lowers the crossbow fully and unclips the bolt. With a sigh, he lowers himself on a suitable peace of the street or at least leans on the wall.
"My shift ended. Can I follow this group with you, give a statement and go home? And...one of you said something about being a doctor? Can you get this out of me? It isn't as deep as I thought, but it still hurts."

Second Wind: 1D10+1 = [8]+1 = 9 LOL - no damage, it's just a scratch!
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I'm so sorry, Nissa," Mal says with genuine sorrow in his voice and eyes, as he realizes that the serving girl lost perhaps more a friend than simply a colleague. He places a hand on her shoulder, hesitating about being too comforting.

Before he can decide whether to hug or ignore Nissa, the detective interrupts the scene.

Mal smiles, managing to look both glad to meet someone new and sad at what has transpired at the same time.

"My name is Maladiel," he says, standing up and facing the other half-elf. "I was only a patron today, but I have worked among the staff in the past. Good to see that capable people are investigating this horrible accident!"

He proceeds to tell Detective Ivello how he was just sharing drinks with his gnome friend when the intruders barged in. Mal goes into specific details about each of the assailants, including speculations about their personalities and possible origins.

"The gnoll shot me with an arrow," he adds, pointing to the stained hole in his fine clothes. "I have no doubt you can have her pay for a new suit, because this one wasn't cheap."

His face does not easily give away whether he is serious about the clothes or not.

OOC: In case someone wants to try... ;)
Deception: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
Mal is making light of things; he's not truly that worried about his suit. He does hope to get the gnoll to pay, but he is not concerned if she won't.
 

Hades#2

Villager
Xian waits until the half elf gives his statement and asks for reimbursement for clothing costs. Xian grinned slightly in amusement at the bold move.

"Beg your pardon officer! Or is it detective? I do apologize as it can be difficult to tell sometimes. I had stopped by this establishment for a bit of refreshment and to perhaps inquire about potential employment. You see, I am an entertainer by trade but I suppose that is unimportant right now. Anyhow, I was minding my own business sipping a fine wine when these ruffians walked in and ruined the place. I believe there was a rather dire looking human, a gnoll, and what initially appeared to be a rather unique reptilian creature at first but sadly turned out to merely be 3 kobolds in disguise. Within moments some sort of flasks were tossed about and suddenly the place was on fire! It was quite terrifying! I do believe if it wasn't for the actions of these brave citizens, there would have been even more death and serious injuries. In fact, I nominate these citizens for a medal!"
"Oh! Where are my manners? I do suppose you require my name for your records. I am known as Xian Mrsic, entertainer of the people!"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel raises one eyebrow as the other half-elf praises him for bravery. That's a first.

Pumping himself up a little more, Mal's gaze flicks to the detective to see if he believes it, then back to the one who introduced himself as Xian.

"Thank you for the kind words, brother," he addresses his fellow Khorovar, but being suspicious of the way the stranger praises them, Mal continues, "Who did you talk to about employment?"
 

Hades#2

Villager
"Alas I did not get the opportunity to discuss business before this travesty, nay, disaster took place. I erred in that I took a few moments to sample the wine first. I had not even finished my glass when those ruffians came in. I do play at the Hearth and Kettle in Boldrei's Hearth from time to time. The work is infrequent and thus the reason for seeking supplemental employment." Xian explained.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I cannot add anything else to the report except that I can confirm the death of the bartender, I tried to get to him after the explosion, but he was behind the bar when it happened on the direct path of the blast and all that alcohol. Also, the caster was an addict of some sort. If you please, officers, I am a nightwatchman for the nearby construction site and I need to sleep. Can you send us on our way?"

Malix looked at the shoulder wound of the watchman and pulled out the arrow. Looking at it, smelling the tip he almost discards it to the side before checking himself
"Do you want it for a souvenir? It doesn't seem poisoned." he produces small cloth from his bag. "Here, put this on the wound to help clotting, clean the wound with water and alcohol once you remove the armor. It should be fine."
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top