• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mal curses softly when he sees Nisa signal him.

"Don't look now, but there's trouble," he says matter-of-factly to Tillington. "Three guys. One is a reptile, one is an addict. Friends of yours?"

Cautiously Maladiel grips his wand under the table, and he mutters a few arcane phrases. To anyone behind the gnome, it appears there is a big strong orc seated across from the half-elf, instead of Tillington.

"Be ready to jump aside at my instruction."

OOC: Mal insight: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Casting minor illusion just behind Tillington, to create an image of a sitting orc, visible to anyone behind the gnome (i.e. Mal can see Tillington just fine, but the trio will only see the image of an orc's back).

Also, Mal prepares to cast a spell if needed, so that when Tillington jumps aside he has a clear line of sight/effect.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I hope not," Tillington answers matter-of factly.
He takes a quick look around for another exit.
He is ready to jump on Mal's instruction.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
GM:
Here is the current Map, pardon my poor MS paint skills.
Round 0.jpg
Because of their Insight, Malix and Ozzar can move up to their speed before anything else happens.
Ozzar is currently 30' south of the door.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix takes his beer mug and casualy strolls toward the nearest drunk.
"Come friend, we need another mug. To the bar!"

OOC: Not clear just now...are we already in the Mists? Or we're just travelling there and THEN it will be "The Misting" :)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Shock and Awe. Round 1.

The tension in the air explodes, literally.

The Gnoll knocks over a table, forming a makeshift cover between it and whatever might come out from behind the back door. The Addict joins the Gnoll behind it. But strangest of all, the Reptile disrobes, instead of one large creature, it was three kobolds disguising themselves. Two of them hop down from standing on the third, and fling jars. One aims at the main door, igniting a patch of fire in the hopes of barring outside reinforcements. The other lands behind the bar, on the spirits shelf, causing the alcohol to erupt along the back walls.

The barkeep screams in pain from the flames eating at his back, and falls over behind the bar. From the backroom, Nisa screams in reply.

Tillington. AC: 14(16), HP 9/9, Passive Perception: 11, Spell Slots: 1(2/2)

Maladiel. AC: 12, HP 7/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spell Slots: 1(2/2)

Malix. AC: 17, HP: 10/10, Passive Perception: 15

Ozzar. AC: 16(18), HP 13/13, Passive Perception: 13

Nissa. AC: 10, HP 4/4 Passive Perception: 10, Initiative 14.

Barkeep. AC: 10, HP 0/4, Passive Perception: 10, Initiative 1

Drunks. AC: 10, HP 4, Passive Perception: 10, Initiative 2
D1 4/4 HP
D2 4/4 HP

Gnoll Hunter. AC: 13, HP: 22/22, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 5

Addict. AC: 10, HP: 13/13, Passive Perception 11, Initiative: 12

Kobold Underling x3. AC: 13, HP: 7, Passive Perception: 9, Initiative: 11
R1 HP:7/7
R2 HP:7/7
R3 HP:7/7

GM: Time to roll for initiative and take your turns! None of the PCs are surprised, so they have access to their reactions should they want to try something.
Round 1.jpg

Perception DC 12: The barkeep dropped a stone as he fell over. It landed in square E5

Moving into a square that is on fire causes 1d4 fire damage.

The windows are big enough for a medium sized creature to move through them if they break the glass. A glass window has an AC of 13 and 4 hp, or they may be broken with a DC 10 Athletics check.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Abandoning all pretense about helping the drunk get his beer, Malix moves toward one of the little critters. The one that just exploded the bar.
Dropping his own mug, Malix splashes some of the foam over his hand and as he swings the staff at the kobold, it almost slides out of his grasp.

"Hey, I'm drinking here! No burning of good alcohol! There are people to burn, not the drinks!"

Init: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

Move: to I5, avoiding OAs if needed
Action:
Quarterstaff attack vs R2; damage: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4
- figures, after good rolls come the bad ones :)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tillington, slow to react wit the illusory shape of a halforc superimposed on him, turns and is caught flat-footed at the sudden commotion.

OOC: Initiative 1d20+2=5. Tied with the gnoll.

Since he expected trouble (although not this intense), Ozzar blows The Horn of Watch Summoning and slams through the door instead of walking in. "Not the cheapest way to enter, but the innkeeper can thank me later for covering the fire."

Once inside, he quickly takes in the chaos "Wow, I didn't expect the blaze! This little one at the door is nothing!"
But aloud comes only "City Watch! Freeze! You're all under arrest!"

Remove ads