log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)


log in or register to remove this ad

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When it looks like Tillington is about to be interviewed, he sidles over to Maladiel and continues a conversation that had never begun. "As I was saying, there are many ways out of the city, and I'm happy to show you where the best road is. Maladiel and I were about to go there ourselves -- in the morning at least. From the looks of things, it'll be dawn soon, and perhaps we can get an early start?"

Tillington looks up to Xian, and is as warm and welcoming as two friends who have never met can get.
 

Hades#2

Villager
Xian glanced down at the gnome with a quizzacle look upon his face.

"Do you mind if I travel with your group? Even in these times of peace one knows not when ruffians will appear."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hah! We would welcome your company!" exclaims Tillington, figuring it's easier to hide in numbers and someone who draws attention like Xian will help him remain unnoticed.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel quickly picks up on Tillington's cue.

"That's settled then," he smiles at both the gnome and the half-elf. "We will leave at dawn. Just give me an opportunity to buy Ozzar and the other dwarf a drink for saving our lives!"

He looks at detective Ivello apologetically.

"We are free to go, aren't we, detective?"
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"A pity about the bartender, but it's commendable that so few casualties occurred. If that fire had managed to spread beyond the bar into a few of these inns, the body count could have been stacked to the Skyway." The detective puts a few final taps on his spellshard, and shakes Ozzar's hand before addressing Maladiel. "Of course, it's been a long night for you all. Go home, get some rest. And don't worry too much about reporting in tomorrow Officer, I'll put the word in for you to get some well earned leave."

As the detective leaves, Eranna brings in a pitcher of fresh tal and enough cups for everyone. "One for the road? This batch should be just enough to keep you from sleepwalking off the bridges on the way home." As the gnome pours out the cups, she makes an aside to Maladal . "We can see to it that Nissa gets back home safely, unless you would rather do it yourself?"
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"It seems for better or worse, that sleep will be slow in coming this morning. What say you Master Kundarak, do we take the fair lady home? I can check the wound before I go to sleep later."
Malix offers to the officer

Turning to the rest of the group
"Name's Malix. If you can pay for protection and healing, I wouldn't mind going wherever, guarding the construction site is...numbing. I'm used to long shifts and volunteer for night watch."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I'll join you, Malix," says Tillington. "nice ta meetcha."

Tillington is not noble or chivalrous, but he's happy to be somewhere else, and will be ready to leave in the morning.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar looks from one to another, his watchman senses tingling. He thinks
"These guys say they came independently of one another. Yet, offering to travel together. The dwarf joins as a mercenary, but is a simple night guard? And the way he punted that kobold across the inn... And now he is a doctor too? If I hold them and they are just friendly drunks, I'll look a fool. I'll join them for the moment and see what I can find out."

Aloud, he says to the detective Ivello
"That is all, I think. I will gladly escort Nissa home and I appreciate the help. Detective, thank you for any recommendation you can put in, I am really dead on my feet."

Turning to Malix and belaguered hobgoblin.
"Thank you for taking out the bolt. Nissa, can you walk? Do you have a place to stay?" he adds realising that some girls live in the Inns they work in.

Insight: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Thank you." Nissa wearily answers Ozzar. "I have an apartment in Malleon's Gate." The hobgoblin's eyes are puffed and bloodshot. The crying is long over at this point, and she still won't look directly at anyone. Despite that, she has regained most of her composure. And while her slow movements would indicate fatigue, that much would be expected of anyone after last night.

GM: It looks like the party as come to an agreement! If you all like, we can fast track on the train to Gatherhold. The train leaves in a few days, so there is enough time to go shopping or make preparations, if you want.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Nice! I think a fast forward would be nice, unless anyone feels there are unresolved things to do beforehand.
 


Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Gatherhold, The Talenta Plains.

1st of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Mid Morning.

You spent all of Long Shadows on the Lightning Rail traveling to Gatherhold. A three day "celebration" at the end of each year when cultists and ne’er-do-wells take to the nights, seeking to get away with whatever they can, and when dark magics become empowered for mysterious reasons. Vassals of the Host say it's due to influence from the Shadow, other religions have their own theories, and some scholars debate that it's more of a "chicken-and-egg" situation. In the past years, you might have gone out yourselves, looking to cause mischief or perhaps stop it from coming to your door. This year was different, you had a job to do.

The ride was relatively smooth, all things considered. Only 3 people were (knowingly) pickpocketed before you left Breland. The Purified in Flamekeep didn't find any shapeshifters with their Silverburn, despite a few inquisitors insisting something was afoot. The crossing ferry over Scions Sound only resulted in 12 lost and one water-damaged bag. A sudden snow flurry in Karrnath was quickly plowed thanks to a zombie regiment. Shepherds swiftly reigned in a herd of three-horns using the conductor stones for warmth. And now you have arrived at your destination.

Stepping down from the station, the new year greets you with a bright and crisp morning on the wide-open plain. Your breath condenses against the cold, clean breeze blowing in from Lake Cyre. A stark contrast to the warm, dim, and slightly cramped accommodations afforded by your passengers' tickets.

Gatherhold is a town carved mostly into a cliff, the human sized visitors stay on the ground floor, while various halfling-sized dwellings ascend vertically. None of the wandering clans stay here for more than a season at a time, but Ghallanda staff maintains the place year round, even going so far as to build their headquarters here. Immediately to the west of the station is a Cyran Memorial, overlooking the lake and standing defiant against the Dead-Grey Mists on the other shore. To the north, just beyond the crowd of travelers and a few domesticated dinosaurs, stands the familiar marquee of a Golden Dragon Inn.

GM: A Bit of fast forwarding it is then!
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
OOC: My understanding was that we will be there on the moment of Cyre being lost in the Mists. And here there is a memorial to The Mist. I misunderstood something
 

Hades#2

Villager
Xian looks around at the unfamiliar surroundings after stepping several paces away. The foreboding gray mists across the lake held great mysteries. He strode over to the monument to pay his respects. Somewhere over in those mists he had lost his cousin Aeriella. She had been assigned the task of infiltrating a Cannith compound. All communication with her was lost that fateful day. No one knows if she is still alive. The House would be grateful if he returned with information on her fate.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"You look lost, Xian," says Tillington, approaching from behind. "Look, it's oay if you want some time to yourself. I'm thinking of heading to the Golden Dragon. Those dinosaurs ain't like what I'm usedta. Wanna get indoors."

If Xian wants to accompany him to the Inn, that's fine, but either way, Tillington will make his way there, taking wide berth around the dinosaurs.
 

Hades#2

Villager
Xian turned to face Tillington.

"I was just thinking of someone I knew. They were last known to be in Cyre on that dreadful day. Her family lost contact with her that day and they don't know if she is dead or alive. I could use a drink. I'll join you in the Inn."
 


Hades#2

Villager
"She may yet still be alive though one wonders how it would be possible. Let us go get a drink. A good meal and drink would be much appreciated."
 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top