The Muppet Show!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, it looks like Disney has waded through all the music licensing, and will be making the original Muppet Show available for streaming.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
And, it looks like Disney has waded through all the music licensing, and will be making the original Muppet Show available for streaming.
Hopefully by not simply ignoring the issue like they seem to be doing with book royalties.

Hopefully by not simply ignoring the issue like they seem to be doing with book royalties.

That's one possibility. I'm also a bit afraid they may just cut or revise anything they don't have a license for, resulting in a weirdly edited mess (similar to some of the WKRP DVD releases). Disney+ has a bad track record for anyone interested in watching the original versions of anything.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Given that music publishers still have piles of lawyers that individual authors don't, I wouldn't expect that.

I expect they got resolved largely because the value proposition for Disney has changed. Much of this already got released to home video. But now, supporting a subscription service, they get more bang for the buck, I imagine, and could throw some cash at the remaining issues.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's one possibility. I'm also a bit afraid they may just cut or revise anything they don't have a license for...

For home video release, I believe they just left out a couple of episodes that had outstanding issues, rather than editing them.

Remove ads