• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The new Battlestar

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Aaron L said:
I think that I'll watch a Farscape episode or two on DVD when this is on, just out of spite!

OK, but if you don't watch it you won't have any ammo when Wednesday rolls around, the miniseries is over, and you want to go around posting about how bad it sucked.

Aaron L

Hero
Baraendur said:
OK, but if you don't watch it you won't have any ammo when Wednesday rolls around, the miniseries is over, and you want to go around posting about how bad it sucked.

I'll let others assume that priviledge :)

fusangite

First Post
Is this version also going to be a Mormon show? Will there still be Mormon producer and various allusions to the quorum and other Mormon institutions? If so, I'll be more inclined to watch it.

Azlan

First Post
Hmm... I happened upon an episode of the original Battlestar Galactica, on the Sci-Fi Channel, the other day ago. You know, the original Battlestar Galactica was not all that great to begin with. So, really, this new series doesn't have all that far to fall from.

When I was a teenager, I thought the original Battlestar Galactica was awesome. Now, decades later, it seems vapid and insipid to me. (But, then, most television sci-fi seems that way to me, nowadays.)

jdavis

First Post
nharwell said:
What's fascinating to me is that the Wired News review is so positive, and yet totally convinces me that I would not like this show. I'm afraid special effects and oversexed characters simply aren't enough to get me to watch ... I've got many better shows to "waste" my time on.
You should read the Ain't it Cool News review, they hated it. Of course they seem to hate everything. I'm going to give it a chance, it doesn't really deserve one but I'm going to go into it with as few preconcieved notions as I can and watch it for what it is. The one think that really bothers me is that everything I have read or seen on the show so far makes the producers seem very arrogant about this show, that just sort of bugs me.

AiCN review:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16490

Black Omega

First Post
Baraendur said:
Why would not watching it stop some people from saying it sucked?:)

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Black Omega said:
Why would not watching it stop some people from saying it sucked?:)

I don't really have to answer that, do I? :p

Jdavis said:
You should read the Ain't it Cool News review, they hated it. Of course they seem to hate everything.

Yeah, everything's cool to them until theuy've pumped everyone's expectations up for several months or years. At that time it doesn't really matter what the final movie/show is like, it will still be a let down after all the hype. They should rename the website Aint it teh Suck!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads