• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The new Battlestar

Mercule

Adventurer
*sigh*

Okay, this review has finally gotten to me. I'm not longer psyched to see it. I'll still watch, but my expectations are pretty low.

Mallus

Legend
I can't wait to see it. It sounds like a glorious trainwreck, which is probably my favorite sub-genre of art.

The time-honored fear-of-technology cliche served up with glow-y sex robots, space battles, and Edward James Olmos? I fail to see why some folks fail to see the appeal of this...

Ranger REG

Explorer
They don't. They were raised on Jerry Springer. Only the most refined and cultured genre fans appreciate the talents of Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell.

P.S. countering your sarcasm with sincerity. :cool:

jasper

Rotten DM
saw the preview show tuesday or monday night. It looks to have better writing and less cardboard characters. It was nice to see Richard whine "how dare they put flaws in my character" etc. And then he says it a 3 generation of fan loving it. yea him, his kids, and that special grand kid of his.
Hope they do have better writing and acting than the original.

Last edited:

nharwell

Explorer
What's fascinating to me is that the Wired News review is so positive, and yet totally convinces me that I would not like this show. I'm afraid special effects and oversexed characters simply aren't enough to get me to watch ... I've got many better shows to "waste" my time on.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I will watch it, at least the first show but so far I am rather disappointed by what they have done. Then again, I am not the demographic they are hoping to pull in with this version.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I'll watch it, but I'll be looking at it as though its a completely different show. It won't be the BSG I remember from when I was a kid, but that's alright. If its good I'll watch the series (assuming there is one). If it sucks, I won't, but I will give it a chance.

Remove ads