• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The (new) Immortals Handbook Thread

Hiya Sledge dude! :)

Sledge said:
YAY. Can't wait. My level 42 game is just gunning for this.

There are about 7 entries in the bestiary preview that would be notably beyond the current scope of your campaign, but the other 28 or so should give you good mileage.

Sledge said:
Now we just need to apply the cat'o'ninetails to the editor.

I think its I, rather than the editor that needs a kick in the pants. :eek:

Hey Cheiromancer mate! :)

Cheiromancer said:
Who is the editor? Do we know this, or is it still hush-hush?

Well the name will be in the credits so you won't have to wait that long to find out.

Hey all! :)

Knight Otu said:
So, is it already on its way to the editor? :p

Not quite. Today was the first day of the rest of my life (I couldn't really get on the computer Sunday and Monday). I should be close to having things wrapped up tonight. *he almost says as if he hasn't said that before a dozen times*. :eek:

Sledge said:
If you say so. Get working on the next release!!

I must admit I am looking forward to getting back to the Immortals Handbook proper after the Bestiary.

Sledge said:
really I'll just be happy to see something finally.

You and me both.

historian said:
I was wondering whether you had named (or settled on the names of) the First Ones, are there going to be 4 or 5, etc?

There are six, they are all listed in the Bestiary Preview (pages 8-9) where I briefly (three columns) discuss the various dimensions and inhabitants.

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

There are six [First Ones], they are all listed in the Bestiary Preview (pages 8-9) where I briefly (three columns) discuss the various dimensions and inhabitants.

:D

Order, Chaos, Good, Evil, Neutrality, and?

I'm really looking forward to getting a look at this stuff (the interplay between dimensions/planes, etc.) and getting a better grip on the cosmology.

BTW, I've been reviewing your spell system outlined in this thread. The simplicity is very cool. Given that certain spells can become extremely powerful (at 41st level, a maximized, empowered (x15) Horrid Wilting spell would do 1700 dase damage!), it's going to be interesting to see what Divine/Cosmic/Transcendent abilities offer in order to keep pace.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
historian said:
Given that certain spells can become extremely powerful (at 41st level, a maximized, empowered (x15) Horrid Wilting spell would do 1700 dase damage!), it's going to be interesting to see what Divine/Cosmic/Transcendent abilities offer in order to keep pace.

A Maximized, Empowered (x15) horrid wilting would deal 7.5 * 20d6 + 120 damage, for an average of 645 damage or so.

historian said:

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
Order, Chaos, Good, Evil, Neutrality, and?

...the other one. :p

By the way the above is probably more along the lines of Time, Thought, Spirit, Matter and Fate.

historian said:
I'm really looking forward to getting a look at this stuff (the interplay between dimensions/planes, etc.) and getting a better grip on the cosmology.

Well the Bestiary only gives a glimpse, but it should be enough to whet appetites. I'll go into more details in the IH proper.

I do have to say that the way I have the dimensions set up is quite simply perfection, but you can all make up your own minds soon enough.

historian said:
BTW, I've been reviewing your spell system outlined in this thread. The simplicity is very cool.

Thank you. :)

Not as cool as when you add dimensional magic to it. ;)

historian said:
Given that certain spells can become extremely powerful (at 41st level, a maximized, empowered (x15) Horrid Wilting spell would do 1700 dase damage!),

Remember that in the Grimoire I also have to introduce true high levels spells and retrofit all the epic spells to the new system (which is actually very easy).

historian said:
it's going to be interesting to see what Divine/Cosmic/Transcendent abilities offer in order to keep pace.

Well its generally things you can't do at the preceeding level, there are no abilities that are simply powered up versions of weaker abilities because the way I design them I just assume they all stack anyway. Same with magic spells.

Hey CRGreathouse matey! :)

CRGreathouse said:
A Maximized, Empowered (x15) horrid wilting would deal 7.5 * 20d6 + 120 damage, for an average of 645 damage or so.

1020 as far as I can see.

20d6 maximised = 120.

x15 empowerments = +750% (Total 850%)

120 x 8.5 = 1020

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads