D&D 5E The new UA feats are AWESOME for sorcerers.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Shield training also severely annoys me because as far as I'm aware it is the only way to don/doff a shield using an object interaction, and said feat is largely awful for those who have shield proficiencies already. It means a wizard with no background in martial training that decides to "spend a few weeks learning how to hold this silly piece of wood" learns how to use a shield better than a fighter whose spent his whole life learning, but didn't feel like wasting an ASI just to take their shield off quicker.

In fact a number of the feats in this article are either quite weak or suffer from similar oddities. I love chef though.
I agree completely... except about the Chef feat. :rolleyes:

Oh, of course! Our group would probably just toss it rations. :D

Perhaps my favorite part of how that session went down is perhaps it through out DM for a loop. This is her first campaign and I think she expected us to do just that. Instead we spent an hour trying to figure out how to acquire milk or a milk substitute in the middle of a craggy wasteland because we were thoroughly convinced that clearly as a baby it was "too young" for trail rations! cue Monty Python tone of voice Ravnica tis a silly place.

It's also a feat that would fit well with my character I'm doing in a friend's game, where I'm an artificer who flavors all his spells through cooking tools.

Pauln6

Hero
I think the ability to Don or doff a shield as an interaction should be available as a fighting style as well. Could add a 1d4 shield bash to it too I suppose (maybe allowing it to work with a shove for a cool combo with shield master) since mariner also has multiple benefits.

Weiley31

Legend
It's also a feat that would fit well with my character I'm doing in a friend's game, where I'm an artificer who flavors all his spells through cooking tools.
Villain of the Week: Is that a hint of Nutmeg in that spell you just cast at me?
Artificer: Why yes. I feel that it contrasts well with the acid from Acid Spray.
Villain of the Week: I mean I love Nutmeg, but I don't know how that would cover the acidic tas-Falls down the hole, the acid just made, in the floor.

jgsugden

Legend
If the feat is not taken at the first ASI habitually, it is not a feat tax.

However, Eldrtich Adept can be very strong in certain hands.

Remove ads