D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

pukunui

Legend
I guess they thought the two tails plus glowing head would be exotic and intriguing. "It's a white dragon... wait, no it's not, it's glowing and has two tails..."
I wish that were the case (and it’s what I initially thought too), but I’m fairly certain it’s just got one really long tail, and it’s actually the inside of its mouth that’s glowing, not its forehead. It would be much cooler (and more alien) if it did have a glowing forehead though.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I wish that were the case (and it’s what I initially thought too), but I’m fairly certain it’s just got one really long tail, and it’s actually the inside of its mouth that’s glowing, not its forehead. It would be much cooler (and more alien) if it did have a glowing forehead though.
The art's so fuzzy, it's hard to tell. But crystal dragons do have two tails--or at least one tail that forks into two very long points. On second look, though, you're definitely right about the glowing mouth, not forehead. Sad now.

I wonder if this will be approached fluffwise from a Dragonlance perspective, akin to the Volo/Mordenkainen quotes and info from previous books.

Though it would be nice if they took the time to mention the Blood Isles of Io (Council of Wyrms), and possibly Sarlona of Eberron for those who want to run campaigns laden with dragons.
I do wonder if the fluff side notes will have naive/enthusiastic notes from Tasslehoff and sarcastic ones from Raistlin, sort of like Volo's and Elminster's in VGtM...

No, it's definitely two forks. You can see the tip of one fork below the red dragon's tail, so it can't just be a single tail looping back around and up. It's a pity that the other tip is obscured by the red dragon...

Stormonu

Legend
I have to admit, I was fooled - thought that was a white dragon, not crystal. Though I wonder why they didn’t do a Sapphire dragon as they did both a mini, PDF and dice set based on it.

And, as far as book titles go, I probably would have gone with “Ashadarlon’s Legions of the Dragon Horde” - if it’s a monster book with expansion on the Dragonborn races.

Remove ads

Remove ads