D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

Teemu

Hero
Exactly. You hint about them, pull them out once in 15 years. They aren't used enough to warrant their own book. Like a book of undead could be useful throughout an entire campaign, an entire edition of the game. Dragons are used maybe 1-2 times in a campaign. It's a waste of a publication slot for me.
I pretty much always include dragons in my campaigns. In 4e you can easily add dragon antagonists even at lower levels. I’ve used so many different dragon types over the years, in various roles. They’re awesome. I’ve even had campaigns where every single level of adventuring has included a dragon as an enemy! Sometimes two…
Hmm. Interesting concept. How are they different mechanically?
They don’t have a breath weapon but instead they have a small aura corresponding to their element/natural disaster, which grows every round until it does something big and diminishes back to its original size.

reezel

Explorer
The fact that they named the book after Fizban had me thinking this would be a great place to stat up some Draconians for 5E too.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That bugs me. Dragonborn are draconians the same way tieflings are cambions-- ie not at all. Draconians have their own history and lore and abilities.
Well, based on waht was in Volo's & Mordenkeinen's, Fizban's Treasury can reconcile different Setting versions in the text or a sidebar.

Dire Bare

Legend
They may very well not include some of the multitude of dragons printed in the past nearly 50 years...but they could include more than you might think at first. Looking at the contents of prior Dragon books and monster book inclusions, there are a lot of options, and a lot fo them might make it in. It is a big ol' multiverse.

New Dragon templates are one major possibility, like the Shadow Dragon and Dracoliche from the MM. The Cataclysm Dragons could even be Elemental templates to add to a Dragon.
As long as they include the most important dragons from D&D's past . . . rainbow dragons!!!

1626298861741.png

Remove ads

Remove ads