The official EN World puppy/doggo thread

drl2

Explorer
Sadie is our Border Collie / Blue Heeler mix, seen here amidst a pile of things that go squeak.

DSC01032.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A few years ago, I was helping Mom with some accounting issues with Dad’s business in our home office. I was lying in the floor, using a laptop because there was paperwork all over the desk.

We finally resolved the issues @1:30AM, and were in the process of tidying up. I had just handed Mom the laptop, and rolled over on my back when C. Merle, a.k.a. “Helper”, a.k.a. the “Junior Junior accounting assistant”* came through and took a seat. Mom thought it photo worthy.

F4C08BA9-0876-4231-AADB-88059AABF01F.jpeg

514AB65F-AB93-43E1-847B-CD5D64D8F338.jpeg

21C80BBA-0AC8-4C54-AE0B-5A50A09133D9.jpeg

64DE3395-D3D6-4115-9C43-89336FD286CE.jpeg

97E7CD7F-6589-4DF4-9F1A-0F09497EB4BB.jpeg

CA53F156-9E8F-4BAC-A13D-F64BCD7D750B.jpeg

* J. Merle is the “Senior Junior Accounting Assistant”.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My favorite picture of J. Merle. She’s a bit camera shy, so getting a good picture of her can be a challenge. In fact, in this picture, she saw me raise my iPhone and started trotting towards the door to the house to hide inside.

4B260F0D-466C-4648-A8BE-020DD35D4ECD.jpeg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My dogs reminded me of an important hobby: entertaining them.

E8Gw2oU.jpg

(Actually, that’s the night I was cleaning out their plunder bucket, but they insisted on helping...)

the Jester

Legend
the pack.jpg

This is our pack, cat included.

The pug is Foo, who I delivered almost 17 years ago. The pug in my profile pic isn't him; that's Maggie, who is long gone, but who was the dog who made me fall in love with pugs. They're amazing dogs, despite the many, many issues they have. Foo's dad, Buddha, lived to the unbelievable age of 26!! When I took in Buddha and Ruby (Foo's momma), it was from a friend who couldn't keep them anymore, and Ruby was pregnant. The previous owner found new homes for the other pups, but I kept Foo.

The white dog in the middle is Rocky, also known as Rockstar. He is a rat terrier and is a silly grumpstar. He loves to grr at people, but it's his game. He's not actually aggressive at all, and he loves both dogs and humans.

The other dog is our newest, Angel. She's a pug/terrier/chihuahua mix. She's super sweet, but loves to bark more than we love to hear her bark. She's our only female at the moment. She's a rescue taken from a puppy mill.

The cat is Spock. He was a feral kitten rescued from the park by a friend, who asked if we would take him in. We did, and he's grown into a fine ratter. The other day I really made him upset by stealing a woodpecker he'd caught (!) from him and releasing it. Since Angel raised him, he kind of thinks he's a dog. He is Foo's best friend and loves to mess with him when we're all in bed.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Judging from the bandages, cough drop wrappers and the top seal from my newly opened deodorant found on the floor the past 2 days, it seems as if C. Merle has figured out how to open the step-lid trash can in my bathroom.

So far, she’s not sick, but we’re keeping an eye on her. I may have to get a taller can, too.

Remove ads