• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maglubyet

First Post
Hi guys,
Playing D&D (as player and DM) for 14 years now and still fond of it.
I always loved to write down our little adventures and planning to post some in the near future.

Greetz

The Summoner

First Post
Lurk mode off

Hey all, been lurking for a while, decided to create an account.

Been a D&D player for ... damn... 22 years. I've tried other systems but seem to keep gravitating back to D&D cuz it's the one everyone knows. I even developed a variant system a few years back, but scrapped it cuz it was real close to the direction Wizards took the d20 system, so why recreate the wheel.

I've been in some pretty high powered games, and some really rewarding low level gritty games.

As far as running games, I've been running games off and on for a while, and have recently started up a Witchfire Trilogy game.

So bear with me if I ask some questions which have already been asked. I'll try to look through the archives, but they're quite extensive.

Karistan

First Post
Hello all. Been lurking over the hubbies shoulder for a long time now so decided to actually join. Been a player for over 10 years. Nice to be here. :D

Garland

First Post
First time poster, first time player. Been wanting to get involved with the game for years now and i've finally found a group to get started with. So I decided to look around the web and learn as much as I could.

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Greetings!

Hmm...interesting concept here...

Hey I'm ChaosEvoker I'm a long time Player/DM. I've probably had some version of every possible experience in the world of D&D. I am the creator of the Dungeon Masters' Foundation, which you can find here I look forward to posting on these boards! See you around Enworld!

ReodDai

First Post
Hello All

I've been a player and sometimes DM for about 10 years and am just looking around since all the people I use to play with are either; living out of the country or moving on with their lives. :D

MerlinID

First Post
Hi all. I started playing RPGs before most of you were born. ;) That would be about 25 years ago. I have written a game which was published commercially, (Sword of Aragon, SSI, long out of production). I'm working on a MMORPG web-based game now, which will be done when I get enough time and energy away from my job to finish it.

nitriongold

First Post
My name is Nitrion . . .

My web name is Nitrion;

I'm 19 years old I'm a guy, and I've been, searching the internet endlessly trying to find real connections to people who are already in the real metahuman and super natural, or super human projects . . .

'The truth is, I don't know what I'm going to do now, I thought I wanted to become a cartoon animator but I can't find anyone who's interested in drawing or animating or advertising my unique characters I've created . . .'

'Now, I'm obsessed with trying to find some kind of real working anit-gravity technology so that I can fly and begin a real life career as a real life flying super hero alien wearing a blue alien costume I've created with sharp golden wings . . .'

'I've always wanted to make my main character real.'

That's my story now . . . :( nitriongold@yahoo.com

Last edited:

dnd3dm

First Post
Finally Introducing Myself

Hi, all!

I've been lurking about for over a year, and even posted a couple of reviews a while back. Now, I have finally broken down and decided to say something on the message board.

I am single, 28 years old, have a BA in English, and live in Northern California, USA, I've been playing and DMing D&D in some form since 1991 (2nd ed.). That's 13 years (damn!) but I guess that still makes me a bit of a young'n in some people's eyes.

My favorite world is Forgotten Realms, as I have read a ton of the material (novels and game supplements) and appreciate the detail that has gone into it. However, these days I find myself desiring lower-magic worlds with fewer high-level NPCs. I am running my own dark, low magic, swords-and-sorcery campaign called "Swordlords" right now for a group of 5 or 6 friends. I'll probably come back to the Realms later next year. I'm also an RPGA member and have active characters in the Living Greyhawk campaign. I used to play Living City when it was still active.

None of the other settings, including Eberron, interest me that much (The magic-tech thing is a BIG turn-off). Psionics still seems like just another magic system and level of complication, and I won't use it. Psionics in general are a sci-fi thing IMHO, and don't fit well in D&D anyway.

I don't really use any third-party d20 stuff in my games as a DM or player. I find trying to keep track of the official WOTC stuff is challenging enough.

My favored class is cleric, followed closely by paladin. Favored race is human. Favorite monsters as a DM include dragons, devils, demons, and undead, in that order. Favorite D&D deities include Mystra, Tyr, Bahamut, and Pholtus.

My other hobbies include writing, computers, reading, watching movies, and collecting Transformers. My favorite movie is LOTR: Return of the King (extended), though Spiderman 2 would be a very close second. I work in a temp job right now, but hope to be a published writer someday when my life stabilizes a bit more.

I also go by the web handle smf2045, which is my AIM.

That's it for now. Happy holidays!

-GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads