The OGL: Why is this really happening, and what to do now...

mamba

Legend
No. This is not what I say.
I can do boycotts. But I can lift them if I think they have fullfilled their job.
then why not boycott the movie? You were the one saying
I instead will tell everyone I know to see that movie if it is actually good.
Having the movie tank does not only affect WotC.

So after WotC makes an offer that is not an insult anymore, I can buy/subscribe again.
Using the nucular option, which is NEVER EVER BUYONG ANYTHING AGAIN WITH WOTC OR D&D ON IT, is misplaced right now. We can resort to that later.
that I kinda agree with, but the longer they drag this out, the less inclined I am to return - and so far they yet have to make an acceptable offer too

Dustin_00

Explorer
3PP companies cannot trust the licensing ecosystem. Everybody go get some other job and quit doing full-time gaming work.
Complete hyperbole. I good license, like OGL 1.2 could be, or ORC could be, can be trusted. IF we get those in place we can have a better and brighter future.
Head on over to the #ORC boards, those 1,500 3PP creators and legal teams would love to hear they have nothing to fear.

then why not boycott the movie?

I don't think it is the right move. I think boycotting dndbeyond is better tool right now.

I want a D&D movie be successful, because I want it to be the start of a trend.
If WotC won't make a fair offer in the next two month, I might change my mind. But right now, lets first see, how the dialogue with WotC goes.

And boycotting forever is just not a useful option. Ever.

that I kinda agree with, but the longer they drag this out, the less inclined I am to return - and so far they yet have to make an acceptable offer too

I think you need some patience. A multi hundred million dollar company is no a small boat but a damned big ship. You can't turn it around in a single day.

Remove ads