• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Otherworld

Ilium

First Post
Ion: I think the car has NOT been converted yet, but Lex has nearly everything he needs stashed in his parents' garage. The one missing bit is the actual motor (the most expensive part). He'll need to come up with around a thousand dollars for a good one, and since this is his only car it has to be reliable. He also needs at least a couple weeks to work on it during which he won't have a car, so that's a factor too. Once you rip the existing engine out, you're kind of committed. :)

The only other possessions of note I think he should have are a 2-year-old laptop (quite good when purchased but now merely adequate) along with broadband wireless internet access. And a good set of electronic and mechanical tools, some of which might be at his parents' house.

Other than that it's mis-matched furniture and ramen noodles all the way. Oh, and one suit for interviews, of course. :)

iwatt

First Post
So Enrico's possesions are:

- Beat up '69 Dodge Charger (permanently jury rigged at this point ;) )
- Cellphone
- Basic Mechanical toolkit
- Standard College Wardrobe
- A largish collection of used philosophy and Theology books

Total wealth=+0

Additional Backstory: (I'll collect everything into one post during the weekend :eek: )

Enrico's hometown is the home of one of the most controversial Catholic artifacts of all time: The Shroud of Turin. Enrico was exposed to the controversy surrounding the Shroud at an early age, and it has become a source of interest for him. This interest has blossomed into an interest in religious history of all kinds, specifically that of artifacts of the Judeo-Christian tradition. He has flirted with the idea of pursuing graduate studies in these areas, but the temptaion of a proffesional athlete's career is strong as well. Since Enrico will soon be starting his Senior year, it will be a time in which important decisions will have to be considered.

Ion

Explorer
So I was looking into how the PPD organizes itself on their website.

I don't know the city very well (yet?) but I think the university must be in the 18th district, which puts it in the southwest division.

Falkus: A quick question about Kim's parents. You were saying that:
Kimberly grew up in a police family in Philadelphia. Her father, Lieutenant Patrick Bates is a cop, and her mother, Captain Diana Bates, is a cop, and they had both met on the job.

anyways, on that organization page of the PPD site it says:
Patrol divisions are commanded by an inspector, and patrol districts are commanded by a captain. A patrol district is staffed by four platoons, each consisting of a lieutenant, two sergeants, and approximately forty officers.

So I was just wondering which districts do Kim's mom and dad work in?

Also, just so we all know, in 1978 the PPD S.W.A.T. team cleared out a tenament building which was harboring the undead. (Or so wikipedia claims!)

iwatt

First Post
I don't know the city very well (yet?) but I think the university must be in the 18th district, which puts it in the southwest division.

I was just up in Phillie a couple of weeks ago visiting my sister (biology doctorate at U Penn). from those map districts you are correct. I'm no expert on the city, but I know my way around Old City, Center City and West Phillie (were the University lies). Phillie is an easy city to figure out (compared to Santiago or even Downtown New York).

Falkus

Explorer
Let's say her mother and father work in districts six and nine respectively. IIRC, most police forces don't allow family members to work in the same area.

Percivellian

First Post
Character posted (sorry it took me so long, busy week). If any of the other characters have been around the university or the Psychiatric Crisis Centre, feel free to have some familiarity with my character. I'm lookin forward to seeing all this creativity I'm reading in action.

iwatt

First Post
Falkus said:
Kim graduated from university the previous year, so anybody who was attending it then might know her.

Maybe say that Enrico an Kim know each other from sharing a table at some Athletic Department Fundraisers or something? I think you mentioned she was a gymnast?

Ion

Explorer
Alright, here we go!

The IC thread is here ( http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2994641 )

The first post is mostly to set the tone, (and was actually written by Percivellian after I first explained my ideas for a setting to him)

The second post sets up the first scene. The next post should likely be by iwatt, but after that feel free to have your characters enter the scene as it seems appropriate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads