• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The outer core of 5E!

It seems that everyone is talking about what will be core? I'm wondering what would be in the first round of splat? What do you think should be made after the PHB, MM, and DMG? It would be something that's not necessarily "iconic" but would be a good fit for D&D in general. I imagine that some 4E things would be good here like marking or a class that uses the AED/powers system.

Stormonu

Legend
Adventures, of course. What would be a dream is if they work with Paizo for the line, but I don't expect to see that happening any time soon. Though an iconic adventure line from WotC would be really, really nice.*

I imagine that the first round of splats is going to be expansions on the base classes - more abilities, feats, powers and equipment, ala Sword & Fist/Tome & Blood/etc., Complete XYZ or XYZ Power books. Variant systems will probably be a year or two down the line, after they've had their initial shakedown.

* Though that's likely doubtful, as Dungeon has become the primary vehicle for distributing adventures for D&D. What would be nice is to see them print a few of the Dungeon adventures later as stand-alone modules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads