• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
ooc ah yeah um - thinking too cinematically!. Okay um if the Cabre trick doesn't work then Mannequin to take the AoO and maybe force them back(bullrush) or forward as they dodge allowing somebody to move into a flanking position.

Otherwise the Mannequins takes the AoO whilst the others attack....(anyway Peter your call:D)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane, Rogue/Fighter

OOC: I thought that you couldn't get hit by an AOC if you 5' stepped?

Thane drops the sunrod and moves in front of one of the foul creatures that he is quickly starting to realize is a demon ( :uhoh: ). He draws back his sword and lets loose a mighty swing.

ACTIONS:
' Drop Sunrod (free action)
' 5' step to F8 (free action)
' Power Attack: 4; Two-Handed (1d20+4+3+1+1-4=19) (standard action)
' OOC Note: I got excited and thought that this was a threat before remembering that I only threaten on a natural19+... so, if you check my Invisible Castle rolls you'll see a THREAT!!! roll, please ignore it.
' Possible Damage (1d10+4+8=21)
' AC this round: 19 to both creatures

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana - Fighter/Warmage (Spells Left 0-level/6, 1st/4, 2nd/0)

Speaking with such destain I utter, "So you think it is safer to retreat over here do you? Well you might have misjudged me, you are about as much a threat to me as a Lemure is, now begon from this plane!"

Casting Defensively (1d20+8=27)

Spell Resistance (1d20+5=9)

Magic Missile (1d4+3=4, 1d4+1=3)

(ooc: Needless to say I changed things a little bit, just added a new roll for Spell Resistance and Casting Defensively, and I will assume my Knowledge Arcana roll got me something, hopefully that they are devils and so my Lemure insult will get his attention. Unfortuneatly it seems I can not back up my boasts, sheepish grin, bring on the smackdown.)

Last edited:

(reposting of initiative)
Liliana 25
Shadowy figures 19
Sher Farhid 18
Delmar 15
Thane 10
Phelen6
Belok 5

Liliana casts a scorching ray - a silvery beam of pure light-- which seems to strike the first of the bearded figures, but then inexplicably bends at the last second, glancing harmlessly aside. They both laugh.

Suddenly the one on the left winks out of existence. It reappears, in a bamf of sulphur behind Liliana with a hellish grin.

(greater teleport-standard action. It has Liliana threatened)

The other one roars and makes a furious lunge at Thane with his glaive, missing by mere inches due to Thane's total defense. The flimsy saloon door disintegrates quickly this round.

(The one attacking Thane rages in a battle frenzy- as a barbarian). I removed the interposing saloon door from the map.

Sher rushes over to grab the mannequin. "Flank them -strike now!" he calls hoping the Tactic will give them Mastery of the situation. He hurls the mannequin at the bearded figure standing in the doorway. It lands and stumbles to it's feet, but the figure strikes at it with a backsweep of his glaive. Incredible, the glaive wielder misses, and the mannequin staggers to it's feet timidly. It seems unsure about fighting. It holds up it's feather duster apologetically. After a moment, it tries dusting the gnarled tip of the bearded figures glaive.

(Well, at least that devil has no more attacks of opportunity to use this round since he took it on the mannequin!) Okay, so Master Tactics +3 on flanking is in effect as well as +1 saves.

Delmar lunges, and lunges again with his longspear. His first jab strikes! It draws.. something other than blood. Delmar shifts himself and lunges again, this time harder, and strikes again piercing the bearded figure a second time.

--Ok, this part was my mistake, I kinda deprived Delmar of an attack last round, so I'm letting him attack twice this round. Since one of the devils teleported out of the 'logjam',I'm saying he attacks twice from g-9 rather than bull-rush's. --

Thane drops his sunrod, steps up and delivers a powerful two-handed swordblow to the devil standing in the doorway. It reels in pain.

Phelen turns to keep his mind centered on the devil in the doorway. "The master knew you would bungle up the job that's why we were sent. Even a pee brained rat like yourself can see how sad you are. Now tell us what we are supposed to do to Shabu when we find him. You were really stupid to displease the master." Using his emotions like a dagger, Phelen stabs forth at the beasts mind again, but the devil shrugs it off.

Belok charges past the devil in the doorway in sudden burst. The creature has no opportunity to react. Belok's own glaive thrust misses, but the beast is now flanked.

"You were right about one thing, there will be no chance to slay mortals before we send you back to hell."

(ok, map reference- it's still not letting me post the map! Please go to http://the-never.net/art/1stfloor2.jpg )

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana - Fighter/Warmage

(ooc: Peter see the post above yours for my actions this round, keeping it the same, but added a few rolls into it.)

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric

Do I notice that they're Devils and have some kind of Damage Reduction based on my attack from Round 2? I have a silver dagger, so I'd draw that instead of the morningstar if I knew to use it.

Round 3: Convinced Thane and Belok can handle X with Sher's direction combined with their uncanny sense of an enemy's vital weaknesses, Delmar disengages and attempts to interpose himself between Y and Liliana.

"Thane step in front of me, I'll assist Lady Liliana."

During his disengage, he'll drop his longspear near her and ready his buckler and/or draw a weapon as part of the move if possible.

I'm guessing the disengage will avoid an AoO from X when Delmar leaves his threatened area but won't avoid an AoO when he moves through Y's threatened area (assuming Y has reach)?

"Concentate yer fire on the other one, I'll hold off 'Mr. I'm-too-good-to-die-next-to-my-butt-ugly-friends!'" bellows Delmar, "And don't ferget to let me know when you needs the healin', boys."

Last edited:

Gideon

First Post
Phelen, Halfling Wilder

His ineffectiveness so far only fuels his anger further. Spewing forth more lies "Wretched things, the master needs true servants for this realm. You are trespassers on our home." Continuing to probe for the weakness in the beasts mind, Phelen pushes forward with psionic will again.

OOC: Continuing to bluff in order to get them to spill some beans Bluff +12
Mind Thrust 1 pp Wild Surgre for extra 2pp 3d10 Will DC 16 Manifester lvl 5

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sher cans his senses keen as he takes in the relative positions of the combatants and the feild of play. "Strike sure" he calls to those moving into flank about the creature in the door.

He himself steps towards Liliana (I-11) using the reach of his scythe to attempt to trip the Djinn and give Liliana time to act

Last edited:

OOC to Delmar- yes, the damage done to these creatures seems like it's being reduced.

OOC to Liliana- you are threatened by the other devil's glaive. Do you want to cast defensively or move first? You have initiative before the devil so it would be easy enough.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads