Pathfinder 2E The playtest is here!!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The Paizo web site is down and it isn't August 2nd yet. That does not give me much faith in it dealing with the loads tomorrow.

To be fair, it's entirely possible they're doing maintenance now to attach extra server capacity for tomorrow, or streamlining the website to allow easier access to the download material.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
To be fair, it's entirely possible they're doing maintenance now to attach extra server capacity for tomorrow, or streamlining the website to allow easier access to the download material.

My same thoughts. Server overload on day one is not a matter of if, but of how bad and how long it'll be.

One more month, minimum here in NZ, for me!

"When Paizo was planning this year's Pathfinder Playtest, we expected to exceed our own ability to fulfill orders on a timely basis, so we decided to use Fulfillment by Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon's reports indicate that most customers will not be receiving their orders by tomorrow's release date. They shipped 3 orders on July 28, 3 more on July 29, and no orders on July 30 or 31. Today, they have shipped almost 10% of the outstanding orders, and they are continuing to ship through the night and into tomorrow. They have so far been unable to tell us when they will complete shipping. We will be posting updates as we receive them in this forum thread on paizo.com.

We sincerely apologize for this delay. If your paizo.com Pathfinder Playtest preorder is being fulfilled by Amazon, we will be giving you $15 in paizo.com store credit in the near future.

PDFs of all of the playtest products will be available for free shortly after 6:00 AM Pacific time at paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest.

—The Paizo Team"

Ah well I was not expecting it for ages anyway.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Vic Wertz from Paizo commented that AWS is handling watermarking and downloads, and that the downtime was related to that connectivity. Sounds like they are seriously beefing up in expectation.

Remove ads