Pathfinder 2E The playtest is here!!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Attempting to download now...we'll see how it goes. :)

Edit: Took about 2 minutes to prep the file and download.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Observations:

1) Interesting that the playtest rulebook is a subset of a larger document. They must have already finished a draft of the entire rulebook.

2) The character sheet diagram with the numbers labeling where to find the rules to fill in each section is nicely done.

3) The section on how to generate ability scores is very polished, and very friendly to new players. Well done.

4) I was right about them making MAD builds easier. Ability boosts at 5, 10, 15, 20 go to 4 different stats, and give you a +2 up to 18, but only a +1 once you're at 18.

5) Class feats are organized by level, but there's an alphabetical index listing the level of the feat on the side of the first page. Nice touch.

6) "Spell repertoire" is the new spells known mechanic. The number of spells you have in your spell repertoire is exactly equal to your spells per day, baseline, although feats and other abilities can modify one or the other. I think the bard spell repertoire has a mistake, it says you learn 1 bard 1st level spell at 1st level, and I'm pretty sure it should be 2, comparing it to sorcerer.

7) Rogues are definitely the skill class, and not the sneak attack class. 10+Int skills trained at 1st level. Skills feats and skill increases every level. Sneak attack starts at 1d6, and goes up at 5, 11, and 17. Man, I want to play a rogue multiclassed into a wizard right now.

8) They definitely want to make sure stats are contained. Not quite bounded accuracy, but closer to the 5e model than the 3e/PF1 model. Stat increasing items are 14th level, require investment, and either raise that stat to 18 or give a +2 bonus.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Reading it now.

Character creation is all boosts. 10 everything race, back, class all boosts the stats, then you get 4 free boosts. Each boost is +2.

Hit ponts are race+ class+ con modifier. A Dwarf Barbarian for example gets 22 hp+ con modifier lvl 1.

Last edited:

Remove ads