D&D General The Rakshasa and Genie Problem

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
That is not SFW and I'd likely write someone up if they had that displayed where their coworkers could see it.
My apologies. As far as I was aware, if it wasn't nude or lewd, it was sufficient to be SFW. I have edited the post to reflect that my opinion of its subject matter is not everyone's, and that people should be cautious clicking the link.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
That's the real issue, isn't it? They are wearing the cultural garb of a people while being evil. The hobgoblins in Asian armor had the same problem. Maybe we should eliminate creatures wearing cultural garb or even just drastically reduce the art depicting said creatures.
T-shirts and board shorts all the way.

Alternatively, we can keep the cultural garb and just remove all evil creatures.

MGibster

Legend
Do you work in a monastery?
I don't know what environment you work in where it's acceptable to display artwork featuring a scantily clad person with pubic hair poking up through their banana hammock. But I work in a professional office environment and that image is not appropriate. I'm not offended, I didn't open it at work or anything, but it's not SFW from where I'm sitting.

MGibster

Legend
My apologies. As far as I was aware, if it wasn't nude or lewd, it was sufficient to be SFW. I have edited the post to reflect that my opinion of its subject matter is not everyone's, and that people should be cautious clicking the link.
No big deal or anything. I'm certainly not cruising this website on a work computer.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I don't know what environment you work in where it's acceptable to display artwork featuring a scantily clad person with pubic hair poking up through their banana hammock. But I work in a professional office environment and that image is not appropriate. I'm not offended, I didn't open it at work or anything, but it's not SFW from where I'm sitting.
I dunno. My boss wear that all the time.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Hey look, things I never said!

In fact, I never said anything about efreet in general. I suggested not having monocultures and singular alignments (with the unspoken implication of not using alignment at all) and not having them be the only representatives of the equivalent of the culture they were lifted from.
Are you ready to tell me about your ideal D&D yet? I've asked twice, and got good answers from others. Again, see a whole of no, with very little yes. One of the yeses I did see was essentially a complete rewrite of the efreet, such that they are fundamentally unrecognizable. Not my cup of tea, but a real answer at least. What do you want out of the game?

Sold to him by white Europeans.

I hope you see the irony that you’re saying that the sheikh is a stereotypical Arab because he’s involved in slavery… something he’s being sold by white Europeans. With their history of 400 years of the slave trade.

If a stereotype is applied to everyone, it’s ceases to be a stereotype.

I think people understand now that modern slavery happens in sweatshops in your local city, cleaners trapped expensive townhouses and young women sold the promise of a better life. It’s universal, it’s happening round the corner from you and isn’t restricted to any creed or culture.

I mean, you're premise is wrong because they weren't "White Europeans", they were Albanians, which are not generally considered "white" by European standards and often play into Muslim panics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases