The Realms WILL Be Updated!

WotC's Chris Perkins and Mike Mearls both mentioned the possibility of Forgotten Realms updates on Twitter today. A chap called Montgomery Headstrom tweeted at both of them - to Perkins he said "I don't understand why you guys did the Sundering if you weren't going to update the Realms. Can you clarify that for me?" and the Mearls he said "if WOTC isn't interested in updating the realms would corporate allow kickstarter drive to let Ed Greenwood do it?" Both replied to his his comments, confirming that they do, in fact, intend to update the Realms. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Montgomery:
if WOTC isn't interested in updating the realms would corporate allow kickstarter drive to let Ed Greenwood do it?
Mike Mearls: who sez we aren't interested in updating it?

Montgomery: I don't understand why you guys did the Sundering if you weren't going to update the Realms. Can you clarify that for me?
Chris Perkins: The Sundering allowed us to bring back things that the setting had lost over the years. We ARE updating the Realms.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Liar! You just crucified Mearls now! Why? WHY?

No wonder Mike does not come around here: Not only do you get hassled for canceling products that you did not announce but you also get hassled for canceling posts that you did not post!

Man, you should have seen what Mike did not post the other day, it was brutal!

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
No wonder Mike does not come around here: Not only do you get hassled for canceling products that you did not announce but you also get hassled for canceling posts that you did not post!

Man, you should have seen what Mike did not post the other day, it was brutal!

Stop oppressing Mike!

/rolls in a ball and cries

Last edited by a moderator:

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Just a thought but you could create your own world and then have fun with that more than using a pre-constructed world. You can set it up so that you can use modules to enhance your own setting. Have you tried it as it is a lot of fun.
To be fair, some people like playing in an existing setting--part of the fun is in getting to enter a place that has caught your imagination. Making your own setting, while fun in other ways, doesn't scratch quite the same itch. So I get that part.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Jeff,

Just a thought but you could create your own world and then have fun with that more than using a pre-constructed world. You can set it up so that you can use modules to enhance your own setting. Have you tried it as it is a lot of fun.

I've certainly created my own worlds before. It can be quite rewarding. But it also means that I become the only window into the setting for my players. The thing I like about using an existing campaign setting is the ability for us all to invest ourselves in the shared fiction of that world.

I started with Lost Mind of Phandelver, have been creating my own stuff, and an about to move the party into the Tyranny of Dragons adventures. I'm using it as a chance to get to know a setting some of my players already love but that I've never played in.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases