D&D General The Resurrection of Mike Mearls Games.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
Presumably, given he's been at WotC, he's got a pretty good idea what 5.5 will look like, so he's probably able to be ahead of the curve with making anything he does compatible with the new core books.
One could hope, but he's been on the MtG team for a long while now- he might not know any more than we do from the playtests.

mearls

Hero
do you have a discord channel? I would guess not....buhlman's isn't super active, but there are some good conversations there....
No discord yet. Honestly, this entire thing was kind of an accident. I was setting up the Patreon for when I eventually did something in this space. I had no idea it would get any attention, but here we are!

So, with Discord I want to take some time to make sure I'm doing it right. It'll be something we grow into, or we'll find an alternative. I do like the idea of a forum-like place to answer questions and just interact with people. I was one of those oddballs who liked going into the office, and it's been an adjustment working from home.

mearls

Hero
I'd love to hear you elaborate a bit more on whether you anticipate aligning your upcoming work with Tales of the Valiant, Pathfinder or Daggerheart as well as D&D. Also, for the material that is designed to work with D&D - are you thinking of trying to get a portion of it onto DNDBeyond?
I'm focused on the 5e SRD for now, as that's the system I am most familiar with. In terms of D&D Beyond, if that ever happened it would be pretty rad. But that's getting way ahead of myself!

Alby87

Adventurer
I really hope that, in the future, a POD book will be make with all those modules and "fixes", maybe with some insight how the game was made (inside the boundaries of what is possible to say considering the legal terms, like you did on the skill checks document). Some suggested to make a 5e clone, I think that the "clone" already exists and is the original 2014 5e. Having a book with both a "making of" and "update" of the original 5e game can be an interesting book to have near the core 2014 books. That would be really interesting!

Remove ads