log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Road to Discovery

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Fighting Graggorid: Arbrine

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -171
Nalvis: -262 - 40(dazed) = -302
Quill: -308
Arbrine: -320
Mekric: -122
Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -161
Graggorid3: -371 - 10(hurt) = -381
Rekyavik: -239
Renyaveer: -267
Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
Graggorid6: -521

Arbrine sees what little effect her stone has and drops her sling. With a slight smile she intends to rush forward at her best target Graggorid, grab him, and use Heat to burn him.
OOC: roll: 87
Quill intends to throw a second javelin at the opponent that Veera shot, since he is at closer range and still closing.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Quill: -98 - 110(clothing) - 100(javelin) = -308
Arbrine: -110 - 110(clothing) - 100(movement) = -320
Graggorid3: -221 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -371

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid3: 16 + 14 + 12 + 81 = 123

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Arbrine: 15 + 13 + 18 + 87 > 123

Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(collegiate)
Quill: 13 + 15 + 19 + 82 = 129 + 100(point blank) = 229

Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate)
Graggorid: 14 + 12 + 81 = 107
Damage: 229 - 107 = 122% * 10 = 12
Body: 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 7 = 3: dazed

Paranormal Assault: (effectiveness - resistance)% * damage
Arbrine: 32(heat) + 87(d100) = 119
Graggorid3: 16(conditioning) + 12(fury) + 81(d100) = 109
Damage: 119 - 109 = 10% * 10 = 1
Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt

GM: Quill's second launch at the nearer opponent charging its way toward Rekyavik is incredibly more effective than her first, incapacitating the Graggorid before he can reach her friend. The idea of tiny Arbrine charging toward him, initially amuses the Graggorid, until he feels his body heat unnaturally. It does not cause enough damage to panic him, merely leaves him unsure as to its cause. In return, he is unable to effectively assault Arbrine.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6: dazed
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Mekric will be next in the following post.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Fighting Graggorid: Mekric

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -171
Nalvis: -262 - 40(dazed) = -302
Quill: -308
Arbrine: -320
Mekric: -332
Graggorid2: -311 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -351 - 40(dazed) = -391
Graggorid3: -371 - 10(hurt) = -381
Rekyavik: -489
Renyaveer: -547
Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451 - 50(hurt) = -501

Mekric intends to stand with Nalvis and Vik, striking and pushing with her staff to keep the Graggorid back.
OOC: roll: 87
Seeing that his opponent has been taken down by Quill's javelin, Vik will hurl his harpoon at the one farther to his right. Veera will swing her aim right, as well, and target the farthest opponent.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Mekric: -122 - 110(clothing) - 100(staff) = -332
Graggorid2: -161 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -311
Rekyavik: - 239 - 50(clothing) - 200(harpoon) = -489
Renyaveer: -267 - 80(clothing) - 200(bow) = -547

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 54 = 96
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 14 + 87 = 133
Rekyavik: 18 + 14 + 15 + 81 = 128

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Mekric: > 96
Graggorid2: 96
Damage: 133 - 96 = 37% * 10 = 4
Mind: 6 - 4 = 2: dazed
Rekyavik: > 96
Renyaveer: > 96
Graggorid5: 96
Damage: 128 - 96 = 32% * 15 = 5
Body: 7 - 5 = 2: hurt

Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(collegiate)
Renyaveer: 16 + 20 + 12 + 81 = 129 + 100(point blank) = 229

Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate)
Graggorid6: 14 + 12 + 54 = 80
Damage: 229 - 80 = 149% * 10 = 15
Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 5 = 5: dazed

GM: Mekric is forced to engage the second opponent Nalvis, as she successfully defends herself when he changes targets and returns a significant blow with her staff, further dazing him. Rekyavik is forced to change tactics as his intended target reaches him before he can throw. He recovers gracefully and successfully returns a vicious cut. Renyaveer has to dodge the intended physical assault of her intended target as, he too, reaches her before she can fire. Avoiding the assault with her arrow still drawn, she fires point-blank into the Graggorid, incapacitating him.

The remaining Graggorid, engaged in melee with the friends, show no signs of breaking away.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 2: dazed
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt
Graggorid6: Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Nalvis is next for his third attempt.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
With his peripheral vison Nalvis can see that his friends are doing well, and this gives him hope as he swings again with his axe.
OOC: roll: 42


Mekric will attempt a trip attack with her staff on her foe.
OOC: roll: 70


Arbrine grins at the burn wound left on the Graggorid, but knows she can do better. Touch and Heat again.
OOC: roll: 80
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Graggorid Encounter: Nalvis

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -121
Nalvis: -292 - 50(dazed) = -342
Quill: -418
Arbrine: -120
Mekric: -132
Graggorid2: -191
Graggorid3: -181
Rekyavik: -289
Renyaveer: -347

With his peripheral vison Nalvis can see that his friends are doing well, and this gives him hope as he swings again with his axe.
OOC: roll: 42
Not wanting to risk injuring any friend with a javelin, Quill moves toward the nearest Graggorid engaged in melee with the intention of Muddling his Mind by manipulating Way.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Graggorid1: 29 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -121
Nalvis: -102 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) = -252 - 40(dazed) = -292
Quill: -108 - 110(clothing) - 200(movement) = -418
Graggorid5: -301 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -451 - 30(hurt) = -481

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 76 = 118
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 42 = 90

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 90
Damage: 118 - 90 = 28% * 3 = 1
Mind: 6 - 1 = 5(dazed)
Graggorid1: 118

Mystic Assault: (Effectiveness - Resistance)% * Damage
Quill: 32(Muddle) + 99(d100) + 93(luck) = 224
Graggorid5: 14(skepticism) + 12(clarity) + 76(d100) = 102
Damage: 224 - 102 = 122% * 10 = 12
Mind: 10 - 12 = -2: unconscious

GM: Nalvis, holding to the confidence of the performance of his friends, continues to engage, but he is not faring well. He receives another painful blow from the Graggorid's make-shift weapon but is unable to return one.

Quill, with an extremely beneficial stroke of luck, is able to completely shut down the mind of the Graggorid she touches, freeing Renyaveer from melee.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid1: full health
Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 2: dazed
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt, Mind: 10 - 12 = -2: unconscious
Graggorid6: Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 - 1 = 5: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine will follow in the next post.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Graggorid Encounter: Arbrine

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -171
Nalvis: -242 - 10(dazed) = -252
Quill: -318
Arbrine: -230
Mekric: -32
Graggorid2: -91
Graggorid3: -81
Rekyavik: -189
Renyaveer: -247

Arbrine grins at the burn wound left on the Graggorid, but knows she can do better. Touch and Heat again.
OOC: roll: 80
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Arbrine: -20 - 110(clothing) - 100(way) = -230
Graggorid1: -21 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -171

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 83 = 125

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 90
Damage: 125 - 90 = 35% * 3 = 1
Mind: 5 - 1 = 4(dazed)

Mystic Assault: (Effectiveness - Resistance)% * Damage
Arbrine: 30(heat) + 80(d100) = 110
Graggorid5: 16(conditioning) + 12(fury) + 83(d100) = 111

GM: Nalvis, unable to recover quickly enough from his assailant's last swing, receives another painful blow from the thigh bone.

Arbrine is disappointed to realize that her effort to heat her target is resisted.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid1: full health
Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 2: dazed
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt, Mind: 10 - 12 = -2: unconscious
Graggorid6: Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 - 1 - 1 = 4: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Mekric will follow in the next post.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Graggorid Encounter: Mekric

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -321
Nalvis: -242 - 10(dazed) = -252
Quill: -318
Arbrine: -230
Mekric: -242
Graggorid2: -321
Graggorid3: -241 - 20(dazed) = -261
Rekyavik: -339
Renyaveer: -627

Mekric will attempt a trip attack with her staff on her foe.
OOC: roll: 70
Being freed of his opponent, Vik will move to assist Arbrine with her foe, since she is closest to him. Veera, having confidence in her accuracy at such close range, will fire her bow.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Mekric: -32 - 110(clothing) - 100(staff) = -242
Graggorid2: -91 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -241 - 80(dazed) = -321
Graggorid3: -81 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -231 - 10(hurt) = -241
Graggorid1: -171 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -321
Rekyavik: -189 - 50(clothing) - 100(movement) = -339
Renyaveer: -247 - 80(clothing) - 300(bow) = -627

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 14 + 70 = 116
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114
Rekyavik: 18 + 14 + 15 + 54 = 101

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Mekric: 116
Graggorid2: 114
Graggorid3: 114 - 100(2nd opponent) + 14(kilter) = 28
Damage: 101 - 28 = 73% * 3 = 2
Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 42 = 90
Damage: 114 - 90 = 24% * 5 = 1
Mind: 4 - 1 = 3: dazed

GM: Nalvis continues to receive blows from his opponent without yet being able to retaliate. He is starting to feel overwhelmed.

The Graggorid engaged with Arbrine fails in his attempt to physically assault her after resisting her second attempt to heat him.

Mekric and her opponent are still evenly matched. She is unable to trip him and he is unable to hurt her.

Rekyavik reaches Arbrine and punches her unsuspecting opponent with his bare fist, knowing he would be too slow to be more helpful with his harpoon. He lands a powerful strike, slightly dazing the Graggorid.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid1: full health
Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 - 4 = 2: dazed
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 = 9: hurt, Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt, Mind: 10 - 12 = -2: unconscious
Graggorid6: Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 3: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine will be next. State new intentions.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: I'll continue to post for the three in the order I usually do and you can resolve them in any order.


Nalvis sways on his feet and struggles against the pain. He intends to swing his axe as long as he has strength.
OOC: Combat roll: 63


Mekric intends to jab her opponent in the face with her staff
OOC: Commercial roll: 95/ 80


Abrine switches tactics and intends to elbow her opponent in the gut. As her arm connects, she intends to use Way to reverse the energy she utilized before, drawing it away from her opponent to chill him.
OOC: Combat/ Collegiate roll: 62
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Graggorid Encounter, concluded

GM: 8 seconds of time have passed.


Abrine switches tactics and intends to elbow her opponent in the gut. As her arm connects, she intends to use Way to reverse the energy she utilized before, drawing it away from her opponent to chill him.
OOC: Combat/ Collegiate roll: 62

Mekric intends to jab her opponent in the face with her staff
OOC: Commercial roll: 95/ 80

Nalvis sways on his feet and struggles against the pain. He intends to swing his axe as long as he has strength.
OOC: Combat roll: 63
Quill moves from assisting Veera has her opponent to falls to assist Arbrine. As she gets within a pace she will attempt to stab the Graggorid with her javelin.
Since Quill moves up and ends Arbrine opponent, Vik turns and thrusts his harpoon at the one on Mekric, not having to move to reach him.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Arbrine: -30 - 110(clothing) - 100(way) = -240
Mekric: -42 - 110(clothing) - 100(staff) = -252
Nalvis: -52 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) = -202 - 70(dazed) = -272
Quill: -118 - 110(clothing) - 150(movement) = -378
Graggorid1: -121 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -271
Rekyavik: -139 - 50(clothing) - 200(harpoon) = -389

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Arbrine: 14 + 13 + 18 + 62 = 107
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 14 + 95 + 80(luck) = 221
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 63 = 111
Quill: 12 + 15 + 19 + 92 + 94(luck) = 232
Graggorid: 114
Rekyavik: 18 + 14 + 15 + 83 = 130

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 114
Graggorid2: 114
Damage: 221 - 114 = 107% * 10 = 11
Mind: 2 - 11 = -9: unconscious
Body: 10 - 9 = 1: injured
Damage: 130 - 114 = 16% * 15 = 2
Body: 1 - 2 = -1: incapacitated
Essence: 10 - 1 = 9: dying
Graggorid3: 114 - 100(2nd opponent) = 14
Damage: 232 - 14 = 218% * 5 = 11
Body: 3 - 11 = -8: incapacitated
Mind: 8 - 8 = 0: unconscious
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 63 = 111

Paranormal Assault: (effectiveness - resistance)% * damage
Arbrine: 32(cool) + 62(d100) = 94
Graggorid: 16(conditioning) + 12(fury) + 11(d100) = 39
Damage: 94 - 39 = 55% * 10 = 6
Body: 9 - 6 = 3: injured

GM: The Graggorid fighting Arbrine is able to deflect her intended elbow strike, but this has no effect on the manipulation of thermal Way. With a bad bit of luck on the part of the Graggorid, a considerable amount of heat is sucked from his body, causing injury.

With a blessed change of luck, Mekric strikes her Graggorid hard in the face, damaging an eye and rendering him unconscious.

Gathering enough of his wits to swing his axe again, Nalvis is still having a really bad time of this particular combat, though he does manage to defend himself.

With a great bit of luck on her side, Quill pokes the Graggorid on Arbrine in a vital spot, incapacitating and rendering him unconscious due to the blood loss.

With the long reach of his harpoon, Rekyavik is just able to poke the opponent on Mekric, but with his previous accumulated injuries, it is enough to finish him, leaving him actually dying.

Only the Graggorid fighting Nalvis remains standing. All his clan is down. The new formed friend end the remaining foe despite his previous full health, protecting Nalvis from further injury.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid1: dying
Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 - 4 - 11 = -9: unconscious, Body: 10 - 9 - 2 = -1: dying
Graggorid3: Body: 10 - 1 - 6 - 11 = -8: incapacitated, Mind: 10 - 2 - 8 = 0: unconscious
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5 - 12 = -7: incapacitated
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt, Mind: 10 - 12 = -2: unconscious
Graggorid6: Body: 10 - 15 = -5: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 3: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
After the last foe falls Nalvis sways on his feet and Mekric catches him, putting his arm over her shoulder. "Let us move on to a safer place," Mekric says.

Arbrine takes the lead after that, looking for a good location to rest and heal.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
After the Graggorid Encounter

After the last foe falls Nalvis sways on his feet and Mekric catches him, putting his arm over her shoulder. "Let us move on to a safer place," Mekric says.

Arbrine takes the lead after that, looking for a good location to rest and heal.
A suitable place for a campsite is located in short order, and the fallen Graggorid are left behind from the vultures and wolves.

"Good riddance." Vik spits.

Nalvis, as it happens, is not seriously wounded, mostly bruised and beaten. He recovers in short order. While the friends camp, Veera attempts to make more arrows and Quill tries to make some suitable heads to repair her javelins.
GM: All characters receive 13 experience points.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis allows his body to rest, but with the speed of his recovery he can hardly complain. He marvels at the Way abilities that can heal wounds so quickly.

Mekric and Abrine talk with Quill about Way abilities and their shared experience over using them.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Moving On

Nalvis allows his body to rest, but with the speed of his recovery he can hardly complain. He marvels at the Way abilities that can heal wounds so quickly.

Mekric and Abrine talk with Quill about Way abilities and their shared experience over using them.
Quill, who was quiet and reserved at first, no longer shows any reservations toward her new found friends. Though she is still quiet and matter-of-fact when she speaks, she gladly discusses the gift they all seem to possess of sensing and manipulating the very fabric of life, or so it seems.

Moving On:
Road.jpg

Crossing a small stream, the friends continue to follow the topographical line between the elevated land and the marsh, keeping a sharp eye for danger, perhaps even more than before with the two hostile encounters. After three more days heading westward, the elevation to the north becomes less steep and more indicative of hill country rather than mountain.

The journey brings two more altercations with hunting spiders, which seem to be a prevalent predator in the area, but much more one-sided encounters favoring the friends. The second day into the hill country, the group happens upon a pod of the largest beetles they have ever seen, about the size of a man's head. Though the beetles immediately take hostile action, they are easily deterred showing no real interest in true aggression.

On the 6th day of travel, a lizard about the size of a person is sunning itself directly in the path the group is following. When it is noticed, about 5 paces ahead, it opens and eye for a few seconds and then closes it, showing no incentive to move from its location.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
When the party spots the lizard Nalvis thumbs the head of his stone axe, wondering if his weapon could even penetrate the hide of such a creature.

Mekric looks around, to make sure that this is not some kind of trap as with the spiders. She looks for any place that might hide ambushers, and says to the group, "I do not see why we should not just continue on and let his lizard enjoy his sun."

Arbrine says, "If this thing attacks us, I'm going to use cold against it, since it likes heat so much."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
A Sunning Lizard

When the party spots the lizard Nalvis thumbs the head of his stone axe, wondering if his weapon could even penetrate the hide of such a creature.

Mekric looks around, to make sure that this is not some kind of trap as with the spiders. She looks for any place that might hide ambushers, and says to the group, "I do not see why we should not just continue on and let his lizard enjoy his sun."

Arbrine says, "If this thing attacks us, I'm going to use cold against it, since it likes heat so much."
Seeing Nalvis thumb his axes edge, Vik puts on a thick grin and says quietly, "If I can harpoon that big thing in the head, I will bet we could make some fine bracers or leggings out of that hide."

Veera knocks an arrows and replies to Mekric. "That thing is blocking the path. Stepping over it would obviously prove foolish. We will have to wade into the marsh or climb around the rocks to avoid it."

Quill offers, "I have never eaten lizard. I wonder if it tastes anything like fish. So are we going to avoid it or engage it?"
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
With a glance down at his shabby, hand made clothes, Nalvis returns Vik's grin and says, "Very well. Let us add one lizard to our tally of wins."
OOC: roll: 96/ 84


Mekric shrugs and turns to Arbrine. "I'll assist you with cold attacks. I don't think my stick will do much against that thing."
OOC: roll: 88


With an excited smile Arbrine bounces on her toes, ready to fight.
OOC: roll: 50
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Sunning Lizard

Nalvis
OOC: roll: 96/ 84

Mekric
OOC: roll: 88

Arbrine
OOC: roll: 50
OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness (combat) + Impetus (commercial) + clarity (collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 20 + 15 + 13 + 96 = 144
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 17 + 88 = 127
Arbrine: 17 + 13 + 19 + 50 = 100
Rekyavik: 19 + 14 + 14 + 66 = 113
Renyaveer: 16 + 22 + 13 + 74 = 125
Quill: 13 + 15 + 21 + 63 = 112
Lizard: 31 + 18 + 0 + 53 = 112

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
GM: Nalvis reacts first. It is much better on me and more efficient to handle each of your characters one at a time, that way I do not have to do so many calculations on one post, which slows me down. I think we could also generate more story, even in a single campaign, for taking each character separately allows for more interaction between them.

It will take Nalvis 3 seconds to reach the lizard.
 


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Sunning Lizard, Nalvis

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness (combat) + Impetus (commercial) + clarity (collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 20 + 15 + 13 + 96 = 144
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 17 + 88 = 127
Arbrine: 17 + 13 + 19 + 50 = 100
Rekyavik: 19 + 14 + 14 + 66 = 113
Renyaveer: 16 + 22 + 13 + 74 = 125
Quill: 13 + 15 + 21 + 63 = 112
Lizard: 31 + 18 + 0 + 53 = 112

Nalvis intends to charge at the lizard and hit it over the head with his axe.
OOC: roll: 96, 84
Nalvis charges forward with all his speed and might at the seemingly slumbering lizard. Just before Nalvis reaches the point where he would bring down his axe, the lizard whips its head and upper body around with a speed that clearly belies its size. The beast seems a mix of coloration from sandy-brown to rock-gray, with its midsection vertically banded by several black stripes. Upon observation, were the lizard lying in the grass, the stripes would actually help conceal it from easy view.
OOC: Speed of Attack: Readiness - Hindrance
Nalvis: 144 - 30(clothing) - 300(movement/axe) = -186
Lizard: 112 - 50(movement) = 72

OOC: Physical Assault: Attack (combat) + Precision (commercial) + fury (collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 20 + 15 + 14 + 96 + 84(luck) = 229
Lizard: 34 + 18 + 0 + 86 = 138

Physical Defense: Defend (combat) + Preservation (commercial) + konokoro (collegiate) + shield + d100
Nalvis: 19 + 15 + 13 + 96 + 84(luck) = 227
Lizard: 31 + 18 + 0 + 86 = 135
Damage: 229 - 135 = 94% * 14 = 13 - 5 (deflect) = 8
Body: 10 - 8 = 2: injured

GM: With an extreme bounty of luck, Nalvis blocks the raking forearm of the lizard, preventing any harm to himself and then spins the axe head around to cause significant injury to the beast, who lets out an horrific piercing scream.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Mekric will act next. It will take her 3 seconds to physically reach the lizard.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
As soon as Nalvis charges, Mekric leaps after him. Her mind cringes as she approaches the huge lizard, but supporting her brother is more important than her disgust over the creature. She intends to touch the lizard and use Way to Cool it.
OOC: roll: 50


OOC: so anytime I roll under 50 i'm just gonna post 50 instead of rerolling because what's a roleplaying game without punitive rolls? If there's good luck, there's gotta be bad luck too. In other words if I post 50 that's the same as 1 in D&D. Thoughts?
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Lizard, Mekric

OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness (combat) + Impetus (commercial) + clarity (collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 144 - 30(clothing) - 300(movement/axe) = -186
Mekric: 127
Arbrine: 100
Rekyavik: 113
Renyaveer: 125
Quill: 112 - 50(movement) = 72
Lizard: 31 + 18 + 0 + 53 = 112

As soon as Nalvis charges, Mekric leaps after him. Her mind cringes as she approaches the huge lizard, but supporting her brother is more important than her disgust over the creature. She intends to touch the lizard and use Way to Cool it.
OOC: roll: 50
Since the lizard makes a fairly decent target, Veera decides to go ahead and see if she can put an arrow in it. Vik takes two steps to his left, moving more toward the marsh, to get a clear line of sight to launch his harpoon.
OOC: Speed of Attack: Readiness - Hindrance
Mekric: 127 - 60(clothing) - 300(movement/way) = -233
Lizard: 72 - 50(movement) - 80(injured) = -62
Renyaveer: 125 - 48 - 200(bow) = -123
Rekyavik: 113 - 30(clothing) - 200(movement/launch) = -117

OOC: Paranormal Assault: (Effectiveness - Resistance)% * Damage
Mekric: 34(cool) + 50(d100) = 84
Lizard: 34(conditioning) * 2(cold-blooded) = 68 + 24(d100) = 92

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Lizard: 34 + 18 + 0 + 24 = 76

Physical Defense: defend(combat) + preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 16 + 50 = 98

Projectile Assault: Launch(combat) + Precision(commercial) + clarity(collegiate) + d100
Renyaveer: 16 + 22 + 13 + 08 = doesn't matter
Rekyavik: 19 + 14 + 14 + 47 = 94 + 50(short range) = 144

Projectile Avoidance: Preservation(commercial) + Konokoro(collegiate) + d100
Lizard: 18 + 0 + 49 = 67
Damage: 144 - 67 = 77% * 15 = 12 - 5(deflect) = 7
Body: 2 - 7 = -5: incapacitated

GM: The injured lizards tries its best to engage Mekric as she rushes in, but his efforts are in vain as she easily avoids his assault, making physical contact with her hands as she does. Her desire to draw heat away from the creature seems to have no effect.

Renyaveer's arrow shanks when released and tumbles off away to the right, ruined.

Rekyavik takes 2 strides to his left and launches his harpoon while on the run. The mammoth spear flies true, piercing the lizard in the gut just in front of the rear leg, incapacitating it after the combined damage with the axe swing of Nalvis. The lizard takes about two more breaths and then ceases to move all together.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 5
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: I had developed the Mulligan system to encourage new players and had gotten in a habit of using it. Since we are fully testing the functionality of the system, and you do not need such encouragement, we will take the rolls as they fall. 90% or higher is lucky and conveys a second roll. 09% or lower is unlucky and things may break or backfire, as seems appropriate to the given situation.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top