log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Road to Discovery

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Hunting Spiders: Veera

Having less strength than her brother, but also being less prone to frustration, Veera will again try to knock her spider away.
OOC: Speed of Attack: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Renyaveer: -36 - 80(clothing) = -116
Spider: -32 - 50(minimum) = -82

OOC: Opposed Strength Check: ((Body + Strength1 * 10) + d100) - ((Body +Strength2 * 10) + d100)
Rekyavik: 130 + 84 = 214
Spider: 80 + 87 = 167

GM: Renyaveer's spider is, once again, able to bite before she can act.

OOC: Physical Assault: attack + precision + fury + d100
Spiders: 10 + 10 + 0 + 85 = 105
Renyaveer: 12 + 18 + 11 + 75 = 116

Physical Defense: defend + preservation + konokoro + d100
Renyaveer: 11 + 18 + 13 + 42 = 84
Damage: 105 - 84 = 21% * 3 = 1 * 2(2nd spider)
Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Spider: 10 + 10 + 0 + 77 = 97

OOC: Muddle Venom: (effectiveness - resistance)% * 10
Spider: 20 + 93(d100) = 113
Renyaveer: 13(conditioning) + 95(d100) = 108

GM: All of Renyaveer's efforts are still ineffective. Though she takes some pain, she shakes off the venom.

Vik, freed of his spider, moves to help his sister.
[sblock=NPC Data]SpiderA1: Body: 6 - 2 = 4: hurt, running away
SpiderA2: Body: 6 - 14 = -8: dead
SpiderN: Body: 6 - 1 - 7 = -2: incapacitated
SPiderM1: Body: 6 - 4 = 2: injured
SpiderQ1: Body: 6 - 9 = -3: incapacitated[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Sequence of Attack]
Nalvis: -183
Mekric: -129
Arbrine: -84
Vik: -164
Veera: -116
Quill: -100
Spiders: -82
[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine is next.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Feeling confident from her early success, Arbrine will step and punch the next closest spider, channeling Way when her fist connects to Heat it.

OOC: roll: 88
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Hunting Spiders: Arbrine

Feeling confident from her early success, Arbrine will step and punch the next closest spider, channeling Way when her fist connects to Heat it.
OOC: roll: 88
Quill will attempt to heat her second spider, while Veera will desperately try to shake her spiders loose.
OOC: Speed of Attack: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Arbrine: -84 - 110(clothing) = -194
Quill: -100 - 110 = -210
Renyaveer: -116 - 80 = -196
SpiderA: -82 - 50(minimum) - 20(injured) = -152
Spiders: -82 - 50(minimum) = -132

GM: Having decimated her second spider, Arbrine proceeds after the first, but quickly realizes that it is much faster, even injured, and she will not be able to catch it. Quill still has a spider trying to bite her while Veera still has two.

OOC: Physical Assault: attack + precision + fury + d100
Spiders: 10 + 10 + 0 + 20 = 40

Physical Defense: defend + preservation + konokoro + d100
Quill: 13 + 13 + 13 + 55 = 94
Renyaveer: 11 + 18 + 13 + 64 = 106

Opposed Strength:
Veera: 120 + 70 = 190
Spiders: 80 + 33 = 113

Heat:
Quill: 27 + 55 = 82
Spider: 10 + 22 = 32
Damage: 82 - 32 = 50% * 10 = 5
Body: 6 - 5 = 1: injured

GM: Renyaveer grabs both spiders by a leg and shakes vigorously, dislodging both in the process and flinging them away. Quill significantly injures her second spider, which drops from her body.

[sblock=Sequence of Attack]
Nalvis: -183
Mekric: -129
Arbrine: -194
Vik: -164
Veera: -196
Quill: -210
Spiders: -132
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPC Data]SpiderA1: Body: 6 - 2 = 4: hurt, escaped
SpiderA2: Body: 6 - 14 = -8: dead
SpiderN: Body: 6 - 1 - 7 = -2: incapacitated
SpiderM1: Body: 6 - 4 = 2: injured
SpiderM2: full health
SpiderQ1: Body: 6 - 9 = -3: incapacitated
SpiderQ2: Body: 6 - 5 = 1: injured
SpidersV: fleeing[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
javelins: 6[/sblock]
OOC: Mekric is next.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Seeing that others are having more success without weapons, Mekric releases her staff and attempts to deal with the spiders with her bare hands. She will attempt to dislodge or attack the most aggressive spider in her proximity.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Hunting Spiders: Their End

Seeing that others are having more success without weapons, Mekric releases her staff and attempts to deal with the spiders with her bare hands. She will attempt to dislodge or attack the most aggressive spider in her proximity.
GM: Spiders have a very specific mode of behavior. Though they are fearless to attack any potential food source, even preferring larger prey, self-preservation is the priority instinct. Once injured or deterred, they will leave to seek easier targets. Mekric, between Nalvis and Arbrine, is able to free herself from her spiders with no further danger, Arbrine even heating another as it is loosed. The group has not only survived its first assault, it has succeeded in overcoming the threat with little injury to itself. The spider that can flee, do so. The four that cannot are readily killed.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
javelins: 6[/sblock]
OOC: Each character receives a total of 24 XP.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
The group will search the spiders and claim any useable pieces from the corpses.

Nalvis will search the area in and around the combat to see if anything interesting is about, maybe something dropped from earlier prey.

Mekric will look at where they were ambushed to determine what made this a likely spot and how they can avoid such dangers in the future. "Our parents told us stories about creatures like this, and many that are more fearsome. When we left home I thought our only opponents would be the murderers we seek, but now I wonder at what we will find in these untamed lands."

Arbrine inspects the seeping holes that the bite left in her flesh. If Way can help her burn things, perhaps it can make her spider bite heal faster.
OOC: roll: 91
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Hunting Spiders: The Aftermath

OOC: All characters except Renyaveer can now actively manipulate Way. They will sense this ability instinctively and will need to practice it, but will not need specific training.

The group will search the spiders and claim any useable pieces from the corpses.
GM: Of the four downed spiders, the group is able to successfully collect 2 pair of fangs. The legs are large enough that Rekyavik decides to cook them to see if they are edible, which they happen to be.

Kwargrow said:
Nalvis will search the area in and around the combat to see if anything interesting is about, maybe something dropped from earlier prey.
GM: These spiders have evidently been successfully ambushing this area for some time. Back out of the main path, Nalvis finds the borrows of the spiders strewn with debris from a variety of previous victims. Fortunately for Nalvis, the spiders they fled the attack area have either gone into hiding elsewhere or have moved on to find a new location, for they are not within their burrows. He picks through bones and hair and feathers. After poking around to his satisfaction, Nalvis returns to the group with his collection of interesting items, 2 pair of incisors almost as long as his finger, probably from a nutria, some tail feathers from a harvester bird, some tail feathers from a songbird, a dark purplish stone, and a shiny metal ingot.

Kwargrow said:
Mekric will look at where they were ambushed to determine what made this a likely spot and how they can avoid such dangers in the future. "Our parents told us stories about creatures like this, and many that are more fearsome. When we left home I thought our only opponents would be the murderers we seek, but now I wonder at what we will find in these untamed lands."
GM: Mekric walks back and forth through the area, taking a look at it from different angles. She determines that this particular spot on the game trail provides a natural ambush site for predators such as hunting spiders. People or larger predators would not be able to make such use as the path is too narrow for them.

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine inspects the seeping holes that the bite left in her flesh. If Way can help her burn things, perhaps it can make her spider bite heal faster.
OOC: roll: 91
OOC: Render Aid:
Effectiveness:
  • Mend (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial
Time: 10 days * Loss / (Target Health + Target Confluence + Effectiveness + d100)
This active task is applied to an attempt to restore a person to full capacity after sustaining bodily damage. This may be applied once per day, per victim, per person rendering aid and the results are additive.
Mend:
Range: Touch
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence + Collegiate
By actively manipulating Way, this increases the natural rate of recovery of the loss of Body in the intended target. This is used to augment the Commercial Task of Render Aid. There is no random aspect to this task.
Arbrine: 18(mend) + 13(aid) = 31
Time: 10 days * 2 / (2 + 4 + 31 + 91) = 3 hours, 45 minutes
Quill: 19(mend) + 15(aid) = 34
Time: 10 days * 4 / (3 + 4 + 34 + 95 + 33) = 5 hours, 41 minutes
Time: 10 days * 2 / (3 + 1 + 34 + 95 + 33) = 2 hours, 54 minutes

GM: Arbrine is pleased to to find that she can fluctuate the natural Way lines within and about her own body to paranormally speed her natural healing process, changing what would have taken days into mere hours.

Quill will tend to her own body and then assist Veera. For her part, Veera squeezes the bite marks on her side to make sure there is no lingering venom, but she has yet to develop any talent for manipulating Way.

Quill when she approaches her says, "Move your hand. Let me take a look at that. You are too clinical. You need to develop some sensitivity to things."
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
recovery time: 5 hours, 41 minutes
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Spider Fangs: 2 pair: ?
Incisors: 2 pair: ?
Harvester Tail Feathers: 1 set: ?
Songbird Tail Feathers: 1 set: ?
Purplish Stone: 1: ?
Shiny Metal Ingot: 1: ?[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis and Mekric examine Arbrines wound and see that it is mending quickly. They marvel at this new power and when they see Quill also utilizing it they decide to speak with their new friends about it.

Arbrine says to Quill, "I have not met anyone before that could do the things I could. I am glad to know you, and I wonder what other things we could discover together."

Mekric says, "I don't think we are still in danger, but let's move on from this place. It makes me uncomfortable."

While they travel Nalvis and Mekric will discuss these abilities and how to use them, taking the first steps to becoming Way users themselves.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Making Camp

Nalvis and Mekric examine Arbrines wound and see that it is mending quickly. They marvel at this new power and when they see Quill also utilizing it they decide to speak with their new friends about it.

Arbrine says to Quill, "I have not met anyone before that could do the things I could. I am glad to know you, and I wonder what other things we could discover together."
Quill nods and bobs her head some, choosing her words.
"My talent first manifested when I started adolescence. At first, I thought is was some gifts from the Gods to compensate for my being so much smaller than all of my adopted tribe. Vik and Veera took to protecting me as we have long been friends. I would start cookfires just by touching the kindling, or I could speed the healing of our frequent nicks and cuts. I feel like I could do other things, but the way the elders talk about Blighters, I would never try anything unless we were away on one of our hunting trips.

I later realized that I could sense the talent in Vik and Veera, especially if Vik is angry, so I know it is not some gift for us little people. The other two have not yet learned to manifest the talent, but I think Vik is close. It is so nice to find companionship with this
."
Kwargrow said:
Mekric says, "I don't think we are still in danger, but let's move on from this place. It makes me uncomfortable."
Veera fiddles with some of the feathers Nalvis found before handing them back.
"I do not know why, but I feel them same compulsion to hold those feathers as I do these from that crow I shot. I agree with Mekric. Let us move on a bit before we camp."
Kwargrow said:
While they travel, Nalvis and Mekric will discuss these abilities and how to use them, taking the first steps to becoming Way users themselves.
Quill joins in with Nalvis and Mekric as if a burden has been lifted from her shoulders. Renyavik listens but offers no thoughts of his own. Quill says,
"I think our tuning to these Way lines, that seems a good name for it, will be different for each of us. For me it is like catching the scent of smoke on the wind. The smoke has a different scent depending on what is burning. It is like I can smell the potential of what can be."

OOC: Game Mechanics:
Sense of smell is the primary sense for those with a proclivity toward Academics. Theologic will be visual, and Aberrative will be tactile. Quill's new archetype is that of an Academic.

GM: All the characters feel an acute curiosity to examine the items that Nalvis collected because they drew his fascination. Arbrine and Quill are more than fascinated. Both think there is some purpose or advantage to possessing one or more of the curios items.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
recovery time: 5 hours, 41 minutes
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Spider Fangs: 2 pair: ?
Incisors: 2 pair: ?
Harvester Tail Feathers: 1 set: ?
Songbird Tail Feathers: 1 set: ?
Purplish Stone: 1: ?
Shiny Metal Ingot: 1: ?[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
I would start cookfires just by touching the kindling

When the group stops to camp Nalvis and Mekric will enthusiastically attempt to start the campfire with Way.

Arbrine will sort through the objects Nalvis found to see if any feel special to her. She will focus on the spider fangs since they are the freshest items.

Mekric will fashion the feathers together to wear in her hair. Nalvis will carry the purple stone as a good luck charm.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Evening Camp

When the group stops to camp Nalvis and Mekric will enthusiastically attempt to start the campfire with Way.
GM: Surprisingly to them, it takes very little concentration for Nalvis and Mekric to cause a stick to ignite. After a couple of tries, it takes them only about 1 second to perform the feat. Renyavik joins them in their newly discovered talent, continuing to ignite sticks and throw them into the fire. After 4 such displays, he finds himself winded and fatigued as if he had run up a hill, no longer able to generate heat. He broods about, not speaking to anyone for about an hour, until he suddenly picks up a stick and ignites it. He takes a deep breath and releases it, relieved.

Taking his deep breath Vik sighs.
"I thought I might have burned myself out. Evidently there is a limit to how many times we can do this without resting."

Kwargrow said:
Arbrine will sort through the objects Nalvis found to see if any feel special to her. She will focus on the spider fangs since they are the freshest items.
Quill offers to help, figuring to divide the labor.
GM: It takes the two several hours into the night, but as they concentrate on their affinity with the natural Way lines associated with the items, each other, and the environment, patterns start to emerge. Patterns that begin to make sense. The full understanding of each of their first item's proclivity gives a small amount of elation and encouragement for further analysis.

As it so happens, the 2 pair of incisors are definitely from nutria and the harvester feathers are from a rock pigeon. Each of these has a proclivity for bolstering the health of the possessor. The purplish stone, Arbrine decides to call heartstone and the metal ingot is iron. Each of these bears the proclivity to augment the integral function of the whole being of the possessor. The songbird feathers have the proclivity to augment the personal charm of the possessor, while the spider fangs have the proclivity to augment the integral vascular function of the possessor.

Kwargrow said:
Mekric will fashion the feathers together to wear in her hair. Nalvis will carry the purple stone as a good luck charm.
Quill asks if she can have one of the pair of spider fangs. Vik asks if he can keep the ingot of iron.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
recovery time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
recovery time: 5 hours, 41 minutes
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Spider Fangs: 2 pair: Cohesion +1
Nutria Incisors: 2 pair: Health +1
Rock Pigeon Tail Feathers: 1 set: Health +1
Songbird Tail Feathers: 1 set: Persona +1
Heartstone: 1: Confluence +1
Iron Ingot: 1: Confluence +1[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
While they rest at camp and wait for the spider bites to heal, Nalvis will take out his axe and test the edge, sharpening it with his wet-stone. He says to Vik, "In these other villages we will visit, do you think they will have a larger axe I can trade for? I was not happy with the way my axe performed against those spiders?"

Mekric and Arbrine will search the area for useable plants, maybe even something that will help ease pain.

OOC: Herbalism role: 81
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Evening Camp, part 2

While they rest at camp and wait for the spider bites to heal, Nalvis will take out his axe and test the edge, sharpening it with his wet-stone. He says to Vik, "In these other villages we will visit, do you think they will have a larger axe I can trade for? I was not happy with the way my axe performed against those spiders?"
Vik shakes his head and sighs.
"I know what you mean. I sure hope so. This big harpoon is great for whaling but was totally useless in that encounter. I need a back-up. We have never traveled to the villages upstream. I think Quill's people had before they joined us. I understand them to be friendly, but know nothing of their trade or technology."
Kwargrow said:
Mekric and Arbrine will search the area for useable plants, maybe even something that will help ease pain.
OOC: Herbalism role: 81
OOC: Mercantile Task: Herbalism + Konokoro + d100
Mekric: 20 + 14 + 81 = 115
Arbrine: 13 + 18 + 81 = 112

GM: Both Mekric and Arbrine are able to find a measure of leaves that would augment or cause a mental affliction, but nothing benevolent.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Nutria Incisors: 2 pair: Health +1
Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Turning Westward

Still following along the edge of the marshland as well as possible, the group takes a natural game trail headed in a more westerly direction. The weather is fair and warm. Travel would be perfectly peaceable if it were not for the tragic events that caused it. The flora and fauna seem common and trivial until, quite suddenly, the game trail the party is following joins at a T with another coming in from the north and higher elevation. Nalvis and another Graggorid come almost face to face before either one notices the other.

Other than his adopted parents, Nalvis cannot remember ever seeing another of his own tribe. His parents never spoke much of their own people, mostly saying that they were much different from the sociopathic psychotics that make up the sparse clans. Pebri and Noko said that the Graggorid were such a violent people that they had not even developed a language to communicate, which was why Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine were taught the Norikadian language of their nearest neighbors and had learned some of the Eastabin language of the major city to the south.

The two groups eye one another for the passing of about two seconds before the avarice of violence mars the faces of the strangers and they begin to move.
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: will need a d100, Readiness roll for everyone or one for all characters, whichever you choose.
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Nalvis intends to take up a defensive position and will strike with his axe if any opponent comes within melee range.
OOC: roll: 70


Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Greggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
OOC: roll: 41


Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
OOC: roll:54
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Graggorid

GM: The two groups are basically strung out in a line as they travel. The meeting junction is like an upside down T, Nalvis being within a single pace of the first Graggorid. While it will be possible to divert from the path, that only allows single file travel, to cross directly at an opponent, the land is rocky, vegetated, and uneven thereby doubling movement time.

Not all opponent are visible, as the land is hilly, but there are at least four. Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill are walking behind Nalvis, Mekric, And Arbrine, in that order.

Nalvis intends to take up a defensive position and will strike with his axe if any opponent comes within melee range.
OOC: roll: 70

Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Graggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
OOC: roll: 41

Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
OOC: roll:54
Seeing the first three Graggorid, Vik will attempt to move off the trail to his right to flank. Veera intends to draw and fire, while Quill will launch a reed javelin.
OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness (Combat) + Impetus (Commercial) + Clarity (Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 21 + 14 +13 + 70 = 118
Mekric: 12 + 20 +15 + 41 = 88
Arbrine: 15 + 13 + 18 + 54 = 100
Rekyavik: 18 + 14 + 14 + 65 = 111
Renyaveer: 16 + 20 + 12 + 65 = 113
Quill: 13 + 15 + 19 + 65 = 112
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 87 = 129

GM: The first few Graggorid can see Nalvis, Mekric, and Rekyavik. Seeing the tall Norikadian farther back, the third Graggorid attempts to move toward him. The second tries to move around the first to get at Mekric, while the first engages Nalvis.

OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Graggorid: 129 - 50(clothing) - 100(maul / movement) = -21
Nalvis: 118 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) = -32

GM: The Graggorid takes two steps forward, simultaneously swinging the thigh bone he wields for a weapon. There appears to be no strategy in his attack, only brute force.

OOC: Physical Assault: Attack(Combat) + Precision(Commercial) + Fury(Collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 = 118

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 = 118
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114

GM: The Graggorid are evenly matched in the first exchange, neither able to hurt the other, their weapons connecting each other both times.

[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: full health
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine can see the first two enemies. She will be next in a separate post.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Graggorid: Arbrine

OOC: Reaction Time:
Nalvis: -32 - 40(dazed) = -72
Mekric: 12 + 20 +15 + 41 = 88
Arbrine: -110
Rekyavik: -239
Renyaveer: -267
Quill: -98
Graggorid1: -21
Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) = -141
Graggorid3: -221
Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
Graggorid6: -521

Not only do the second and third visible Graggorid move from the game trail to attempt to cross directly at the party, 4 others also move up into view, crossing the uneven terrain between the two party lines. The second Graggorid flanks Nalvis before the others can react. This one is wielding, what appears to be, a hip bone.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Graggorid2: 129 - 50(clothing) - 200(movement) = -121

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 - 100(2nd opponent) + 14(kilter) = 32
Damage: 114 - 32 = 82% * 5 = 4
Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed

GM: The second Graggorid manages to get around Nalvis's guard and hit him in the side, bruising and possibly cracking a rib.

Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
OOC: roll:54
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Arbrine: 100 - 110(clothing) - 100(sling) = -110

Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
Arbrine: 15 + 13 + 18 + 54 + 100(point blank) = 200

Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid2: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
Damage: 200 - 98 = 102% * 2 = 2
Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed

GM: Arbrine's stone smacks into the Graggorid who flanked Nalvis, causing him to be slightly dazed.

Quill launches her reed javelin at the 5th Graggorid who comes into view.
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Quill: 112 - 110(clothing) - 100(javelin) = -98
Graggorid5: 129 - 50(clothing) - 500(movement) = -421

Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
Quill: 13 + 15 + 19 + 65 + 50(short range) = 162

Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid5: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
Damage: 162 - 98 = 64% * 5 = 3
Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt

GM: The thin javelin stabs into the 5th Graggorid, inflicting some damage. The 3rd Graggorid reaches Rekyavik before he can lauch his harpoon, forcing him to change tactics. The two are evenly matched in this exchange and no damage is inflicted.

OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Renyaveer: 113 - 80(clothing) - 300(bow) = -267
Graggorid4: -321

Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
Renyaveer: 16 + 20 + 12 + 65 + 50(short range) = 163

Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid4: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
Damage: 163 - 98 = 65% * 7 = 5
Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured

GM: The flint arrow finds its mark, causing mild injury.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 7
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Mekric will be next in a following post.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
The Graggorid: Mekric

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -21
Nalvis: -32 - 40(dazed) = -72
Quill: -98
Arbrine: -110
Mekric: -122
Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -161
Graggorid3: -221
Rekyavik: -239
Renyaveer: -267
Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
Graggorid6: -521

Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Greggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
OOC: roll: 41
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Mekric: 88 - 110(clothing) - 100(staff) = -122

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Mekric: 12 + 20 + 14 + 41 = 87

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 30 = 72
Damage: 87 - 72 = 15% * 10 = 2
Mind: 8 - 2 = 6: dazed

GM: Mekric whips the end of her staff at the second opponent on Nalvis, the same one that Arbrine struck with a stone, further hindering his ability to think clearly.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6: dazed
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Nalvis is next for his second action.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: So I don't have to make 3 posts I'll state their intentions and rolls in one.


Nalvis is disgusted at the brutal, savage faces before him. Still dealing with the grief over his parents he screams in rage as he intends to bury his axe in the face of his Graggorid opponent.

OOC: roll: 71


Mekric intends to stand with Nalvis and Vik, striking and pushing with her staff to keep the Graggorid back.

OOC: roll: 87


Arbrine sees what little effect her stone has and drops her sling. With a slight smile she intends to rush forward at her best target Graggorid, grab him, and use Heat to burn him.

OOC: roll: 87 (lol, yes I rolled separate for them)
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Fighting Graggorid: Nalvis

OOC: Reaction Time:
Graggorid1: -171
Nalvis: -262 - 40(dazed) = -302
Quill: -98
Arbrine: -110
Mekric: -122
Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -161
Graggorid3: -221
Rekyavik: -239
Renyaveer: -267
Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
Graggorid6: -521

Nalvis is disgusted at the brutal, savage faces before him. Still dealing with the grief over his parents he screams in rage as he intends to bury his axe in the face of his Graggorid opponent.
OOC: roll: 71
OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
Graggorid1: -21 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -171
Nalvis: -72 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) - 40(dazed)= -262

Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
Graggorid1: 16 + 14 + 12 + 83 = 125
Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 71 = 119

Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
Nalvis: 119
Graggorid: 125

GM: Despite his anger and rage, Nalvis is still unable to overcome his opponents defense. Fortunately the Graggorid has been unsuccessful in his assault as well. Sadly, Nalvis feels the previous hit is hindering his fighting skill and is thankful his sister has engaged the second opponent.

[sblock=NPC Data]Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6: dazed
Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
Mekric: full health
Abrine: full health
Rekyavik: full health
Renyaveer: full health
flint arrows: 6
bone arrows: 10
Quill: full health
javelins: 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Group Inventory]Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2[/sblock]
OOC: Arbrine will be next in a separate post with Quill.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top