The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal calls to the others
"Let them be for now. If they return will be waiting, no sense in getting only part of them and some of us are too tapped out for us to risk separating." he indicates fallen paladin "Maybe Annika and oen of you shapechangers could follow one group? Could you follow their smell Shakou? Or can one of you turn into a bird?"

"Otherwise, I suggest we search their lair thoroughly and maybe find that mystic that pelted us with fire."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Annika's already turned into a bird (see Shayuri's last post)

The escapees are too far for Shakou to reach and pounce in one round, but she could follow them, although they are heading for the more populated areas, and a tiger in the city might raise concern...

Shayuri

First Post
Annika circles above, keeping an eye on as many of the fleeing gangsters as she can to try to note where they go to ground. If they become too widely spread, she'll focus on the largest number she can keep in view at once...not until they've all evaded her, or left the streets, does she land back at the puddle of her possessions, wiggle under her poncho and resume her human form.

Theroc

First Post
Shakou doesn't dare pursue the bandits alone, knowing the chances were she'd be outnumbered and in a sore way, should she give chase. She slowly paces back to her own belongings, returning to her human form and slipping into the quickly, before returning to Three Flower's side.

"Those thugs can't kill such beauty!" She murmurs into his ear encouragingly before rising again and looking to the others.

"I believe this little adventure was more unpleasant than the spiders... do you specialize in fighting horrors that no animal wants to bite?"

Neurotic

OOC: and idea: Shakou in tiger form and Mystal riding, pouncing upon some poor enemy with full complement of sneak attacks and focused attack with maneuver goodness in same attack :)

Neurotic

"I'll take a quick look inside. If you see me running prepare to follow." Mystal says with pale trace of a smile

He enters the building through the window on first floor and is almost immediately swalowed by shadows.
(move silently +13, Hide +12; Listen +7; Spot +7; Profession (Bounty Hunter) +2 )

OOC: Mystal will move downwards first to make sure ground floor is clear and to get from behind anyone looking for/at the group. He then goes up slowly, occasionaly using building facade and windows to peer into the rooms rather then opening the door from inside

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 12/39, F +5,R+3,W+6 (Spells: 0:2/5, 1:2/4, 2:3/3)
Ape Form (AC: 17, Touch: 17, Flat Footed: 13)

Ape waits at Three Feathers side, hoping his minor healing magic was enough to revive the warrior.

[sblock=ooc]
Last action:
Move to 3F and use Cure minor wounds twice to wake him up.

--------
Spells (CL: 3, DC: 13+spell level)
5/Day Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
4/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Summon Nature's Ally I.
3/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II

Baboon Traits:
AC: 17, Touch: 17, Flat Footed: 13
Fort: +6
Refl: +5
Will: +6
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Listen/Spot: +9
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: can I give him second (and last!) healing poultice BEFORE going on scouting? We don't need extra load of carrying full-thin-can paladin while running away :angel:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Growling Ape's magic stops the bleeding from Three Flower's head, and the young warrior revices enough to be able to drink the healing potion offered by Mystal Marr. Looking dishevelled in a dramatically handsome way, Three Flowers is able to stand again.

Whilst curious onlookers emerge from the doors of Shading Willow Court once more, cautiously approaching the giant corpse of the headhanger, Mystal and Annika set off on scouting missions.

Circling above the streets of Cormondal, Annika is able to keep tabs on two of the three groups. One pair head into the abandoned eastern end of town, and step inside another crumbling old building. The other two pairs move into the populated part of town, moving through the fish market, and it is here that Annika loses sight of one pair whilst dividing her time between all three groups. The remaining pair, however, she spots heading into a shop with yellow awnings on one of the main market streets. She thinks that she can find both the shop and the ruined house in the eastern quarter from the ground.

Mystal, meanwhile, explores the Old Tamsa Building. He has no trouble climbing up the elaborately carved exterior. Inside, the building is a series of apartments overlooking a central courtyard, each level has a stone balcony that overlooks the courtyard, each apartment is a simple two or three-room flat. Most of these are long abandoned except by pigeons, but a few show signs of habitation - filthy bedding, the cast-off remains of black yaama resin, needles, small vials, empty earthenware bottles. The place stinks of stale sweat, urine and decaying meat.

The place is empty of people, but amongst the squalor Mytsal finds a chest bearing the custom stamps of Ashoyin, from north up the Anhoi river. The box is empty, but obviously once had a false bottom, with padding that fits the vials left lying around.

On the ground floor, Mystal finds a large cage, perhaps suitable for the headhanger, and hanging from a wooden X-frame, a Nekuuese human; alive, but in a badly beaten state and unconscious.

Last edited:

Remove ads