The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal smiles coldly.
"Don't worry, if I'm ever seen by a city dweler when I don't wont him to see me, I'll go back into the mists and settle down.

We'll be right back. Shakou, are you coming?"

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 16/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 0:3/6, 1:3/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"Naturally we should try to take care of ourselves I didn't want to rush you into action." Ape says to the others. With now the secret regarding the vanished corpse revealed, he can now open himself more up to the spirit powers.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
6/Day Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Brother Gold had arrived in Cormondal, a small town located at the junction of the great Anhoi River and the smaller Leng River, an old town of crumbling stone buildings, elaborately carved in the Imperial style. The boat on which he had found passage docked at one of the great stone ghats, tiers of steps leading between the river and the town.

He had heard of a place in this town calling itself a narvinda, but there was nothing like the towering mountainside temple-complexes of his homeland. The 'narvinda' before him was nonethless impressive in its own way, topped with a white stupa and currently being decorated in garlands of yellow flowers by white-robed men and women, in time for the Laburnum Festival, no doubt.

He had heard that this temple was home to a local wise woman going by the honourific of 'Vashti'. This Vashti was spoken of in respectful tones for days upriver of Cormondal, an old woman much beloved for her wisdom and charity. She sounded like the person that a pilgrim ought to talk to.

strawhat

First Post
Gold entered the narvinda, momentarily watching the people go about business. "The Vashti may be able to give me some guidance," he thinks, approaching one of the robed persons. "I wish to help the people, she may know where to start." gold greets the person with a polite bow "Hello sir, I am looking for the Vashti, if you would be as kind as to direct me to her?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The acolyte gives Gold an appraising glance.

"Of course," he says with a smile. "This way please." He leads Borther Gold through some collonaded corridors into a courtyard garden where three men, three women and a salsham'ai are taking tea from a simple, yet elegant, tea service.

All but one of the women look somewhat worse for wear, sporting bruises, cuts, smudges of soot, dried blood and other unidentifiable substances. The only clean person in the group is a young woman with shoulder-length dark hair, dressed in a slightly more decorative version of the white robes worn by the other temple acolytes. The other two women have an exotic look, one with red hair dressed in a simple poncho and skirt, the other with orange hair dressed in a figure-hugging outfit of dark silk. Of the three men, one is a battered-looking nekuuese man in simple clothing, one a handsome asharan man in armour, holding his cup like one with an education in etiquette, the last a slightly hairy man in travellers clothes, about to get up as Gold enters. The little salsham'ai wears a dark version of the ponchos favoured by his people, the hood pulled back to show his strange albino features.

"Honoured Vashti," says the acolyte to the woman in white. "This man requests to speak with you."

The woman in white looks a little taken aback, but quickly recovers. She is not the old wise woman that Gold had been led to expect, but somebody much younger.

"Thank you," she says to the acolyte, who leaves with a bow. Turning to Gold she continues. "Please, join us for some tea. How may I help you?"

Neurotic

Before his presence was even registered properly, Mystals form shimmers and dissolves into mist. People sitting at the table see him materialize some ten feet behind newcomer and at about waist height his legs coming down from sitting position. He puts his cowl back up and puts his hand on his rapier. Everything happens with as much sound as mist would make.

Stealth (1d20+17=22); Sense Motive (1d20+9=18)

OOC: Sorry, strawhat, just a bit of paranoid personality who would hate to see Vashti killed as was tried before.

strawhat

First Post
Gold stands for a moment in surprise at the Vashti youth before remembering what he was there for. "Thank you honorable Vashti," he replies, kneeling at the table, not noticing the figure that appeared behind him, "I am Brother Gold, away from my narvinda on a pilgrimage for goodness. I wish to seek your guidance for I know little of what is going in the world outside Ut'Bharma."Without diverting his attention, Gold produces a small glittering stone from within his clothing, as it sits in his palm, eight golden legs sprout from it, where it proceeds to climb up on his shoulder.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Vashti glances at Mystal out of the corner of her eye and her mouth turns up slightly in a small smile. Looking back to Gold, she continues as she pours some tea.

"Be welcome, Brother Gold. I'm afraid our humble narvinda here probably can't compare with those of Ut'Bharma; we are but a refuge for those in need of aid, or rest. I am Aru Leng, Vashti of this town for, oh, just under a month now, but if you're looking for good deeds I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity." She quirks her wry smile again. "These people have faced all sorts of dangers in the name of the people of this town, in the short while that I've been Vashti." She encompasses the group with a sweep of her arm, but doesn't formally introduce them yet. "But tell me, what talents do you have to offer?"

strawhat

First Post
"I possess many talents honorable Vashti, I..have knowledge of many subjects, in the aid of commoners I have learned the art of cooking and have studied and practiced medicine and tending injuries, also.." Gold pauses, attempting to look behind himself without moving, "I am a practitioner of the Way of Six Energies, specifically Ibhesh, which involves enhancing and healing myself and others." he finishes with, "My crystal informs me that someone is behind me, a friend of yours hopefully?" he asks, turning around to look at Mystal.

Neurotic

Gold turns to see...black robe with the hood up. Only wisp of white hair escapes under the hood.

"Your skills don't cover perception obviously, but that spider of yours is handy if it can warn you there's someone behind you.

I am Mystal Marr, a warrior from the Mists. We had our deal of difficulties including an attempt on Vashti's person. I am here to ensure she lives to see her reputation grow like her predecessors. And I dislike strangers unannounced on principle. Therefore, if you posed a threat, you'd be lying on the floor now."

Mystal removes his cowl, giving Gold good look at his features, and turns toward Vashti and bows:
"I apologize for my actions, honorable Vashti, it was not my place to judge those entering your presence. I would call upon our trials as an excuse, but it is not in my nature not to take responsibility for my actions. You may decide on my penance."

Remove ads