The Romance of the River Kingdoms

strawhat

First Post
Gold pulls his crystal from his robes and sets it on the ground, where it immediately sprouts its spider legs. "Go look for a way in, maybe something on the roof, keep yourself hidden and return when you've finished looking." Gold says to it.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'll go over the roof on the other side. I'll call you in if there is anything to find. In the worst case we can go in in public, claiming we're the ones sent to clear some threat."

OOC: please roll stealth for Mystal as soon as he gets close to the wall and between his bigger companions (to use them as cover) - if this is possible - if not, find first alley, hide, climb over roofs.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 0:6/6, 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Annika views the strange event with mingled curiosity and distaste.

"What is that?" she whispers. "Some kind of beetle?"

"I don't think it is anything natural. Perhaps a summoned mind magic minion." Ape suggests.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
6/Day Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gold's spider creature climbs through a gap in the boarded windows and vanishes from sight. Mystal uses the cover of his companions to sneak over the the building and climbs up the side. No-one in the street bothers to look up and see the little salsham'ai, even though his pale skin has taken on some of the colour of the building's sandstone.

Gold focuses on his "Third Eye", as his tutors styled it, getting images from the spider. The building is empty, and doesn't even show signs that anyone lives there, even temporarily. It could open the front door from the inside quite easily, assuming that the simple bolt isn't jammed. However, it does discover a door leading down into a cellar area.

Mystal finds a couple of dormer windows at roof level that he could get in through, although larger folk and those less able to climb might find it difficult.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Enter, go down, open the door from the inside. Just in case, while within the house, he's still hiding and listening hard for any sign of guards or other unpleasantness.

strawhat

First Post
Gold instructs his psicrystal to open the door if it can, if it can't he wants it to examine the cellar but to turn back immediately if it senses anyone.

Outside Gold replies to Ape, "Its a crystal that has been imparted with some of my personality, giving it sentience. As long as I have energy, I can make it grow legs."

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Mystal makes his way down through the building, his experience of tracking fugitives allows him to work out that no-one has been staying here. If the Paper Lantern Gang came here, they were using it merely as a thoroughfare to somewhere else, not as a hideout.

At ground level, Mystal notices a set of stairs that lead down, presumably to a cellar. He hears a rattling noise but it turns out to be Gold's spider of green ibhesh energy, trying to open the door at the bottom of the stairs. The door is locked, or barred, or jammed too tightly for the spider-creature to open.

Mystal opens the front door to let the rest of the party in.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 0:6/6, 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"So, the rats have left the sinking ship?" Ape asks after looking inside.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
6/Day Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Remove ads