• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seas of Blood - The Price of Fame (Chapter One)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Lukda's not convinced the ship should be left attended by just the common crewmen. On the other hand, her skills at ferreting out secrets are non-existent, while Ramses at least has some experience in such matters.

Her proposal is that Ramses go information-gathering, while she keeps an eye on the ship with Siren for company. If Ramses strikes any trouble, he can alert Siren through his empathic link, and the gull can lead Lukda to his aid...

She suggests that perhaps he might find out about any choice targets to the south, with an eye to somehow getting them a warning that Fontane will be hunting in those waters soon...

Question - is the Sovereign visible from our crow's nest?

Phoenix

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Lukda's not convinced the ship should be left attended by just the common crewmen. On the other hand, her skills at ferreting out secrets are non-existent, while Ramses at least has some experience in such matters.

Her proposal is that Ramses go information-gathering, while she keeps an eye on the ship with Siren for company. If Ramses strikes any trouble, he can alert Siren through his empathic link, and the gull can lead Lukda to his aid...

She suggests that perhaps he might find out about any choice targets to the south, with an eye to somehow getting them a warning that Fontane will be hunting in those waters soon...

Question - is the Sovereign visible from our crow's nest?

OOC:
[sblock]The lights of the Soverign are visable, but Captain Fontane has anchored far enough away (and behind other docked ships) to be out of sight of the Moon Goddess.
[/sblock]

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Oops - forgot the Captain was staying with the ship!

In which case, Lukda's happy to head off with Ramses - and still suggests he leaves Siren with the Captain in case of trouble.

She'd like to head past the Sovereign to take a look on their way to wherever they end up...

IcyCool

First Post
Phoenix said:
Now with the right questions to ask, it is not long before the three pirates enter the Yuolintargias (the only tavern in Tavernport you have to be drunk to pronounce) looking for someone that many other patrons of other taverns have pointed them to, Mr Smith.

In the corner of the bar, hardly looking dark and mysterious, rather drunk and badly stained with his own juices, slumps the form of the former First Mate of the Waverunner, Mr Smith. With matted hair, a badly rusted and bent hook instead of a hand, and five verticle scars across his face, Mr Smith looks in a bad mood.

Ordering a round for himself, a'Shelys, and Mr. Smith, Bart strides up to his table and takes a seat. As he sits down he says, "Good evenin' t' ye, Mr. Smith, mind if I buy ye a round?"

Phoenix

First Post
IcyCool said:
Ordering a round for himself, a'Shelys, and Mr. Smith, Bart strides up to his table and takes a seat. As he sits down he says, "Good evenin' t' ye, Mr. Smith, mind if I buy ye a round?"

The unpleasant man looks up into the face of Bart and snarles horribly, clutching a curved dagger at his belt and spitting on the bard's shoes. "I'll 'ave six of wha'ever ya buyin' me..."

IcyCool

First Post
Bart holds his hands up to show he intends no ill will. "Sounds fair to me." Bart orders up drinks from the barkeep, or a passing serving girl, and looks back to Mr. Smith. In a low voice he says, "I'm looking fer information about a ship by the name o' th' Waverunner, and I hear tell that ye be familiar with her. Have I heard right?" Captain Smith sits on Bart's shoulder, intently listening to the conversation.

Phoenix

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Oops - forgot the Captain was staying with the ship!

In which case, Lukda's happy to head off with Ramses - and still suggests he leaves Siren with the Captain in case of trouble.

She'd like to head past the Sovereign to take a look on their way to wherever they end up...

With Ramses calling down his decision to stay in the nest, Lukda is forced to head into the town alone. The docks of the city stretch for a mile along the coastline, allowing dozens of vessels to be in port at any one time, and for this reason the docks are guarded heavily by the ship's troops in the area.

Wandering along the docks, Lukda tries to blend in with the crowds that bustle alongs the docks, even at night, loading and unloading their supplies and trade goods. After several minutes of waking, the druid makes her way across to where the Silver Sovereign's longships have docked and her sailors are working.

Several dozen barrels are being loaded on board the vessel, salted meats and fresh water no doubt by the look of it. It seems obvious that the ship is resupplying while in port, though even from this vantage point it is impossible to see what is happening on the ship itself.

Phoenix

First Post
IcyCool said:
Bart holds his hands up to show he intends no ill will. "Sounds fair to me." Bart orders up drinks from the barkeep, or a passing serving girl, and looks back to Mr. Smith. In a low voice he says, "I'm looking fer information about a ship by the name o' th' Waverunner, and I hear tell that ye be familiar with her. Have I heard right?" Captain Smith sits on Bart's shoulder, intently listening to the conversation.

[sblock]Diplomacy check (DC 23) +23 - Success
[/sblock]

Smith looks warily at the drinks as they are splashed down on the table in front of him, then looks into Bart's eyes to gauge the mans worth. In the end the value of beer evidently sways his decision as he quaffs on of them within seconds and begins to speak.

"Yeah yeah, I yoosed ta be on that there ship, 'til they chucked me out fer some unpleasantness wif a yung lady up in Belnumme. Morals, cummin' from them, wha' a joke. Waddya wanna know mate?"

Ferrix

Explorer
a'Shelys keeps himself quiet, knowing that Bart has a bit more knack of weeding information out of people. His bright yellow-green eyes however move about the room, seeing if anyone is taking too much interest in them.

Phoenix

First Post
Ferrix said:
a'Shelys keeps himself quiet, knowing that Bart has a bit more knack of weeding information out of people. His bright yellow-green eyes however move about the room, seeing if anyone is taking too much interest in them.

[sblock]Spot check (DC hidden) +24 - Success
[/sblock]

Bart and the eloquant Mr Smith chat over a few ales, if 'chatting' could be an appropriate term for a swearing match laced with conversation. a'Shelys' eyes wander across the crowd casually, in preperation for the trouble that places like these breed.

There is a movement to the rear of the tavern, just outside the window leading into the alley. A tall thin man watching the conversation that was going on with Mr Smith, heavily cloaked against the sea wind and well hidden, had it not been for the eyes of an elf he may have gone unnoticed.

The man is very still, staring into the room for several seconds before the knocking of a hanging lantern nearby sheds light across his face for a flashing moment. His features are that of an elf, and not jsut any elf a'Shelys realizes, for he knows the people of Laerendhor all too well and how out of place even one of them in this city is...

Remove ads