• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seven Realms Await! (full)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, I think I'm either going to play a two-handed weapon aasimar Ranger/Paladin looking towards Knight of the Chalice, or a mounted fighter (horseback) from the plains.

Quick question: How prevalent are demons in this world?

Last edited:

Orvallon

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Okay, I think I'm either going to play a two-handed weapon aasimar Ranger/Paladin looking towards Knight of the Chalice, or a mounted fighter (horseback) from the plains.

Quick question: How prevalent are demons in this world?

They figure heavily in folklore, and are seen often enough and do enough carnage that a group like the Knights of the Chalice would be active and reasonably busy.

Celestials are common enough that Aasimars certainly can exist.

Just note that the cosmology of this world is not linked to that of the standard DnD setup.

You could even go Half-Celestial if you wanted to take the ECL hit. Though we'd need to work on a story for that.

wizardneedsfood

First Post
I've changed my mind a little and decided instead to play a young cleric from a minor noble family. He'll be a bit naieve and have an almost purely black and white view of morality, but I couldn't quite decide which nation and or deity would best work for the concept. He'll also be using a spear as his main weapon.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I don't think I want THAT much of an ECL hit, +1 is just fine. So I think I'll be doing the Knight in Training. I'm figuring she'll be a squire in the Knights of the Chalice going out in the world.

What part of the world corresponds best to a place where knights are located.

I'll put up my character sometime tonight probably.

Orvallon

First Post
wizardneedsfood said:
I've changed my mind a little and decided instead to play a young cleric from a minor noble family. He'll be a bit naieve and have an almost purely black and white view of morality, but I couldn't quite decide which nation and or deity would best work for the concept. He'll also be using a spear as his main weapon.

Aeos might be a good choice, he's both good and lawful, which might give the rigid outlike you mentioned. Araestos is strong in Aeos worship, in fact is the center of it in the Seven Realms, though Aeos is worshipped to some degree everywhere but in Shadowen.

Orvallon

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I don't think I want THAT much of an ECL hit, +1 is just fine. So I think I'll be doing the Knight in Training. I'm figuring she'll be a squire in the Knights of the Chalice going out in the world.

What part of the world corresponds best to a place where knights are located.

I'll put up my character sometime tonight probably.

Mordwyr or Kythraen are the two most likely candidates, though the cities of Araestos also have knights.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Sorry if you saw this before editing, I made a last minute descision to change. I'm playing human horseman. I'll post stats when I can.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, here's the character. If there are errors, I blame it on lack of sleep, just tell me and I'll fix them.

Erkenbrand the Red
Male Human
Fighter 6
Alignment: Lawful Good
Height: 6’1'
Weight: 172 lbs
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue

Str: 16 (+3) [8 points, 1 Progression]
Dex: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [4 points]
Int: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
One additional feat at first level, +4 skill points at first level, +1 skill point/level past first, 4 bonus fighter feats

Hit Dice: 6d10+10
HP: 49
AC: 24 (+1 Dex, +9 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Natural Armor)
Init: +2 [+0 Dex)
Speed: 20ft
Armor Check Penalty: -5

Saves:
Fortitude +7 [+5 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +4 [+2 base, +2 Dex]
Will +2 [+2 base, +0 Wis]

BAB: +6/+1
Melee Attack: +9/+4
Longsword: Attack Bonus +11/+6, 1d8+4 Dmg, 19-20 x2

Ranged Attack: +8/+3
Spear (Thrown): Attack Bonus +8, 1d8+3 Dmg, x3

Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (4.5 cross class ranks, +2 cha)
Handle Animal +13 (9 ranks, +2 cha, +2 synergy from Ride)
Ride +13 (9 ranks, +2 dex, +2 synergy from Handle Animal)

Feats:
Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample, Cavalry Charger (Complete Warrior Tactical Feat), Weapon Focus: Longsword, Leadership.

Languages
Common

Equipment:
+1 Full Plate (2,650), +1 Adamantine Longsword (5,315), +1 Large Darkwood Shield (1,257), Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2,000), Chain Shirt Barding (400), Heavy Warhorse, 5 spears, 928 gp left over

Leadership Variant: I was wondering if I could use a variant on the Leadership feat that gives you no cohort, but a +3 leadership score to get followers (I had in mind him leading a band of horsemen). If you allow this variant, he’d have 10 warrior 1 followers with Mounted Combat and Ride-By attack carrying spears, and would expand that as time went on.

I had in mind a sort of Nordic horseman of the plains, so where would I be. I didn’t have the arabesque nomad in mind, but closer to land Vikings.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads