• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
What you choose to share is fine :) I mostly meant it merely to signify OOC info Caytis happened to know from his years studying at the academy. I assume you took an elective of Darklands Denizens 101 one semester.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Looks like they come in small groups as well, coming and going. As for this light, I don't like it showing where I am. Someone else that may have need of the light can take it."

Svexyn removes the amulet, holding it out for anyone else to take. He had no need for light, and being the scout, alerting anything to his presence wasn't what he had in mind.

Shayuri

First Post
Nia hung back at the doorway, curiously testing that 'thickness' in the boundary; seeing if it existed in both directions, if it was easier or harder to pierce if one was walking faster or slower. At the talk of footprints and tracking she glanced over at the others.

"I be no hunter," she admitted, "doh I ken get by in de wild if I have to. In here, on rock floor...chasin' someting I never before seen..." the apprentice witch shook her head slowly. "Dat be beyond me."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I'll take the amulet, 'xyn. I don't want to be a target, but I sort of stand out and I can't sneak worth a damn anyway. One of these days I'm gonna have to get you to teach me a trick or two."

Val accepts the amulet from Svexyn and drops it around his neck.

ahayford

First Post
The refuse along the corridor is most discarded home goods, kitsch, and sentimental items to big to carry. Anything of value has been stripped or scavenged many years ago. Tucked away inside an old ratty pack, you do find a scroll with a broken seal. The seal matches the magical sigil that flashed on your hand after receiving the tree’s blessing.

“Tania -
The elders have ordered the evacuation. Despite their claims of having a handle on the situation, the vanishing has gotten out of control. Five people reported missing just yesterday. I will stay here a few more days to close out the council’s affairs and then meet you at your sister’s place in Cauldron. Please take the children and anything worth saving with you. They are saying this is only a temporary measure, but I assure you....no one is coming back.

With Love,
Dani”

Nia slowly pushes her hand through the threshold of the doorway. Nia’s hand encounters the same resistance as before. The magical energy in the air is almost palpable. You are fairly certain the doorway is heavily warded. Your mark is likely the only reason you were allowed through. The magic at work here is staggeringly powerful, but not all that surprising given the power necessary to create the artifact tree outside the city.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Looking about, Svexyn will make note of this new room and its exits. He checks all around, the ceiling, floors and any crevices to see if there is any mishap on the exquisite carvings of this place. When updated on his portable map device, he looks to the footprints, wondering if he is able to tell where the most recent ones headed...

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Not likely. The vanishing was seen working; making people less visible, from what I hear. It wasn't that someone disappeared all at once, just little by little. Or did I get that wrong?"

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You are correct Fangor. The people of the city seemed to disapear suddenly...whereas Ghelve described the Vanishing as a gradual wasting away. People would appear translucent and slowly fade away over time.

I'm working to put a map together for you guys to make the dungeon crawl a little easier.I will also try and conclude each post from now one with a reminder of the exits like old school text adventures.[/sblock]

Exits:

The warded doorway is behind you, leading back to the surface. An open staircase continues further down, before banking sharply to the right at a ninety degree angle.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"One hellish evacuation," Marcus mumbles after reading over the note.

He waits while Svexyn examines the room, hoping there are no nasty surprises in store.

Remove ads