The Shadows

Jemal

Adventurer
"So.. no actual intel on these things then, eh? Just how new is this organization of yours? I don't mean any offense, just curious how often we'll be running into supernatural monsters we have no info on."
Jericho looks over at the other two "You've been hunting this thing, and I'm willing to be the good doc here wouldn't mind finding out what it is, not to mention it'd be nice to have some brains along with us('specialy a brain attached to legs like that), so here's my proposal: we try this team, go after this thing.. somebody's gotta do it right? And like he said, we're got more experience there than anyone else, we've SEEN what this thing's capable of.. at the VERY least we're less likely to soil ourselves next time round than whoever else they might send.
I'm thinking... they say most myth is based in fact, so why don't we presume that the old 'fairy tales' aren't just legends? I said that thing looked like a werewolf, so why don't we assume - since we have no other info to go on - that it was? They'll be able to - I assume -"
Jericho looks at Ford Supply us with whatever we need to get this dangerous beast off the streets. I'm thinking we'll need some silver-tipped bullets, and tranqs too... powerful ones."

He stops then, and looks around "Hey, anybody know what the moon was like tonight? Don't werewolves only come out on a full moon?"

[sblock=ooc]
Just for the record, the gray text is being thought.. though he might have whispered it.. ya never know with these guys. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Angelina sits silent, lost in her own conflicts. The agent had pretty much confirmed her worries. The 'choice' being offered seemed illusory to her. If she said no, she'd be monitored and watched and if she put a foot wrong, then something bad would happen. A tragic accident, perhaps. She couldn't handle the pressure, they'd say. She left a note. So...if there was no real choice...

On some level she was aware too that it was a line she was feeding herself. It was something to placate the cold, relentless, doctor's mind that wanted no part of fairy tales and earnestly believed that the best response to abject irrationality was to simply close one's eyes and wait for it to go away. Because the agent was right...she was interested. It was bizarre and horrible...and compelling. Already she found herself wondering what the physical basis for these myths was; what might explain the folklore of the silver bullet, what sort of biological basis might there be for reactions to lunar phase and seeming to change from one shape to another.

And, her ego noted, if she could do it...if she could pull it off...then one day, when all this came out, she wouldn't just be a doctor anymore.

She'd be a legend. Freud. Watson and Crick. Rosetti.

"All right," Angie says into the brief pause after Jericho speaks. "I'm in. What's next?"

Walking Dad

First Post
"Fine, I'm in. too. And I like black suits and sun glasses", DJ adds with a grin.

Okay, this will be my new partners? At least we will be more than two, working for an organisation that believes in the same stuff and gives us the right equipment. Not like these mystery series. But sheesh, werewolves! Mental note: Go to the libary and look on the 'occult' board.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Next you will sign these." He hands out a paper for everyone. "It's just a confirmation about your transfer and will be delivered to your superiors. After that, you'll go get some rest and report tomorrow evening here." He hands everyone a business-card with an address.

Shayuri

First Post
Angelina accepts the business card, and then takes a few minutes to read through the paperwork. The legalese is mind-twisting, but she does her best to sort through it so she at least has some idea of the gist of what rights she's signing away, and what rights she has under the agreements.

When it's all said and done, she signs it and pushes it back to the agent.

"So are we all going to be working together, or assigned partners or...?"

She lets the question dangle.

Walking Dad

First Post
Dj

After reading the paper for the third time DJ asks: "Is there some small script I missed or seems it rather normal paper for a secret agency?"

After getting no negative answers he signs up. After Angelina's question he looks at Ford, waiting.

Blackrat

The legalice isn't that hard to follow afterall. It is nothing more than an letting your immediate superiors to know that you have been reassigned by the Chief of Department for Angie and Thomas and by the Director of FBI for DJ and that your collegues are not to ask any questions. There are already their own signatures and now yours.

"I am not sure but I believe so." Ford answers. "Usually the field agents work in pairs but then again we don't have enough people to assign. But that remains for our Director to decide. You will meet him tomorrow."

Jemal

Adventurer
Jericho shrugs and signs the paper "Well, guess we're all in then." He takes the business card.

Assuming the meeting is over, he'll then head home for a shower and some sleep.

Shayuri

First Post
Angelina hesitates, then shakes her head and signs the forms. She gazes at the agent for a long moment before producing from her handbag a small digital audio recorder.

"I guess I may as well come clean then. This is the recording I was making at the attack site. The...creature attacked us while it was still on. It recorded the entire event."

She shrugs, embarrassed. "I know I should have submitted it, but...it felt like such a coverup. I wanted something to remind me that it was real. I guess I won't be needing it anymore though."

Blackrat

[ Bummer bummer bummer!!! I am so sorry guys and gal. I had hoped that once the exam was done, my summer would be leisure and I'd have time to consentrate on web-gaming. It isn't so... I actually have even less time to plan on the games than I had before. If you are interested on keeping playing with propably once in a week or two update, I could perhaps keep this up, but I figure that would be stretchy on pbp. You can't imagine how horrible I feel on dropping on you :(. ]

Remove ads