D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Hohige

Explorer
Hello my friends. With the arrival of Tasha's Couldron of Everything, each class will have class variants, including the metamagic revealed in the New UA metamagic option.
With that in hand, we have the biggest (and reliable) damage dealer in the game without a multiclass.
The goal is to be fun and efficient for those who like to play with dark characters. A powerful Gish for adventures of any level.

New metamagic:
Unerring Spell
If you make an attack roll for a spell and miss, you can spend 2 sorcery points to reroll the attack roll. You must use the result of the second roll.
You can use Unerring Spell even if you have already used a different Metamagic option during the casting of the spell.

Shadow Sorcerer's eye of the darkness allows him to see through Magical Darkness and combo really amazing with Elven Accuracy for triple advantage.

Yes, we have a "Darkness/ Devil Sight" combo.

If the attack still fails (3d20+7), we have the Unerring Spell (Extra 3d20 +7).
It's 6d20+7 (Really high chance of critical hit).

Highlights:
Incomparable chance to hit
High chance to crit
Spells as bonus action (Quicken Spell)
Shadow Sorcerer's Eye of Darkness for free Devil Sight/Darkness combo
Deadly damage or disable effects

The Strongest Poisoner

1601509609862.png
Apply poison is an action.

Assassin’s Blood (Ingested): A creature subjected to this poison must make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 6 (1d12) poison damage and is Poisoned for 24 hours. On a successful save, the creature takes half damage and isn’t Poisoned.

Burnt Othur Fumes (Inhaled): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or take 10 (3d6) poison damage, and must repeat the saving throw at the start of each of its turns. On each successive failed save, the character takes 3 (1d6) poison damage. After three successful saves, the poison ends.

Crawler Mucus (Contact): This poison must be harvested from a dead or Incapacitated crawler. A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be Poisoned for 1 minute. The Poisoned creature is Paralyzed. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the Effect on itself on a success.

Drow Poison (Injury): This poison is typically made only by the drow, and only in a place far removed from sunlight. A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be Poisoned for 1 hour. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the creature is also Unconscious while Poisoned in this way. The creature wakes up if it takes damage or if another creature takes an action to shake it awake.

Essence of Ether (Inhaled): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or become Poisoned for 8 hours. The Poisoned creature is Unconscious. The creature wakes up if it takes damage or if another creature takes an action to shake it awake.

Malice (Inhaled): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or become Poisoned for 1 hour. The Poisoned creature is Blinded.

Midnight Tears (Ingested): A creature that ingests this poison suffers no Effect until the stroke of midnight. If the poison has not been neutralized before then, the creature must succeed on a DC 17 Constitution saving throw, taking 31 (9d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Oil of Taggit (Contact): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or become Poisoned for 24 hours. The Poisoned creature is Unconscious. The creature wakes up if it takes damage.

Pale Tincture (Ingested): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or take 3 (1d6) poison damage and become Poisoned. The Poisoned creature must repeat the saving throw every 24 hours, taking 3 (1d6) poison damage on a failed save. Until this poison ends, the damage the poison deals can’t be healed by any means. After seven successful Saving Throws, the Effect ends and the creature can heal normally.

Purple Worm Poison (Injury): This poison must be harvested from a dead or Incapacitated Purple Worm. A creature subjected to this poison must make a DC 19 Constitution saving throw, taking 42 (12d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Serpent Venom (Injury): This poison must be harvested from a dead or Incapacitated Giant Poisonous Snake. A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Torpor (Ingested): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or become Poisoned for 4d6 hours. The Poisoned creature is Incapacitated.

Truth Serum (Ingested): A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or become Poisoned for 1 hour. The Poisoned creature can’t knowingly speak a lie, as if under the Effect of a Zone of Truth spell.

Wyvern Poison (Injury): This poison must be harvested from a dead or Incapacitated Wyvern. A creature subjected to this poison must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, taking 24 (7d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

The Half-Elf Shadow Sorcerer level 5.

The most lethal scorpion

Action: Apply Poison.

Bonus action: Quicken Booming Blade (19 average damage + Poison effects) with almost 100% chance to hit. Choose your poison effect ... Did you imagine a Purple Worm Poison?

You can repeat this, every turn

Defenses:
With Eye of the Darkness you apply disadvantage against enemy's attacks and with AC 22 (17 mage armor +5 Shield Spell).
An attack roll with +7 to hit has only 6% chance to hit against 22 AC with Disadvantage
it's really really amazing.
Counters hard "You must see" spells like Magic Missales, Suggestion, Counterspell.
But, the Shadow Sorcerer freely counterspell him enemy.
Strength of the Grave is really nice here.

Behold, The eternal sleep

1601510020747.png

The Half-Elf Shadow Sorcerer level 5.

Action: cast Booming Blade (Attack roll is 6d20 +7) for 19 average damage + 9 if the enemy moves.

Bonus action: Quicken upcasted to level 3 Sleep for 9d8 (Average 40 HP)

A Paladin with 16 CON has an average of 45 HP. So, it's a 100% chance of victory.
A Wizard with 16 has only 35 HP.

Defenses:
With Eye of the Darkness you apply disadvantage against enemy's attacks and with AC 22 (17 mage armor +5 Shield Spell).
An attack roll with +7 to hit has only 6% chance to hit against 22 AC with Disadvantage
it's really really amazing.
Counters hard "You must see" spells like Magic Missales, Suggestion, Counterspell.
But, the Shadow Sorcerer freely counterspell him enemy.
Strength of the Grave is really nice here.

Attachments

• 1601510011357.png
    1601510011357.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 1,560
Last edited:

Omand

Hero
All of this hinges on your assumption that those specific parts got into the book without any changes.

I have no idea if they made it in or not, or if they were edited or not. Perhaps we should wait to see the exact text of the book before claiming something is going to be "the strongest" or over-powered, or anything similar.

Cheers :)

Hohige

Explorer
All of this hinges on your assumption that those specific parts got into the book without any changes.

I have no idea if they made it in or not, or if they were edited or not. Perhaps we should wait to see the exact text of the book before claiming something is going to be "the strongest" or over-powered, or anything similar.

Hello, until the moment, all UA class variant 2019 was totally release into tasha's book without changes. I can't wait

Omand

Hero
Ah, I think you are off there a bit Hohige.

From what I have seen and read for what we know, most but not all options made it into the book (at least two sub-classes did not make it from what I recall). As far as I have heard, that is as far as we know about things. Just that the majority of options made it in. Any number of changes to those options could have been made.

If you have a link to a direct statement from WotC where they tell us that all class options got in unchanged, then I am fully prepared to admit my error. I still think you are stretching here.

Hohige

Explorer
Ah, I think you are off there a bit Hohige.

From what I have seen and read for what we know, most but not all options made it into the book (at least two sub-classes did not make it from what I recall). As far as I have heard, that is as far as we know about things. Just that the majority of options made it in. Any number of changes to those options could have been made.

If you have a link to a direct statement from WotC where they tell us that all class options got in unchanged, then I am fully prepared to admit my error. I still think you are stretching here.

November 2019's class features Unearthed Arcana playtest document seems to have been largely adopted.
Barbarian features, spell versatility, etc.

So far, there has been no change from UA 2019 class feature variant. :)
I can't wait to see that in tasha's book

Omand

Hero
Yes, I have been following that thread. I think you go to far when you say everything has been adopted from that UA article with no change. None of the sources that link to that thread claim that. They simply claim that it appears that the article has been adopted based upon the comments made by the designers on the live feed.

I can see you will not be convinced that there is still possibly some space for doubt on this issue, so I will end it there.

In November we will find out if any changes were made between the UA and when Tasha's went to print.

Cheers ;)

Dausuul

Legend
I've tried twice to read the OP and it continues to make no sense. I don't understand what is being proposed here or why it is good. It does not help that the OP is trying to make a big dramatic production out of it, complete with artwork. Could we maybe get the proposed build summarized in 3 modest-length paragraphs without formatting?

As best I can understand, it seems to involve stacking a lot of ways to re-roll attacks and boost your hit chance. Which... I mean, yeah, you can do that, but why? Diminishing returns kick in fast on that sort of thing. Simple advantage typically gets you close to 90% accurate already, and the difference between 90% and 100% is fairly small.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases