• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Salix

First Post
"We are unlikely to return here in the near future ourselves, except to check in on Eppy, grab your things and go. We would like to go and find what we can about the murder and the orb. Where can we find you if we locate the orb?, Ryland says gathering his stuff. " Oh, and if we hear you are around here bothering Eppy, expect the worse from my large associate and myself.", the gnome says, fiing the elf with his steely glare.

El Jefe

First Post
Monsignieur must have forgotten his bucket...

[sblock=Ryland, Enialis: ]
Salix said:
"Where can we find you if we locate the orb?
Jobe Brimbor was clearly not thrilled at the prospect of giving out his contact information to two of the adventurers who had detained him, but he really had no choice. "I'm staying at the Tower Inn", he answered. "It isn't hard to find, just a few blocks north and to the east of the Red Dragon", he added.
Salix said:
" Oh, and if we hear you are around here bothering Eppy, expect the worse from my large associate and myself."
"Oh, you needn't worry about that, my good gnome", came the elf's quick reply. "You won't need to worry about that at all!"

Careful to not make any sudden movements, and with Ryland following him to ensure he didn't get away with anything, Brimbor returned to the inner office to retreive his possessions. He seemed puzzled as he mentally inventoried his things, then announced, somewhat abortively, that: "Oh...Mr. Devlin must have taken...well, I'm sure he'll return it to me when he's done using it." It seemed the sort of thing a personal servant might say when, by necessity, he had to discuss something that would jeopardize his employment by embarassing his master.

The elf presented himself to Enialis, who opened the door to the stairway to allow him to leave.[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
Well. Now that this business is over. What are you thinking about all this?

I don't know personally. Something just seems odd about this whole situation.

He pulls a weapon demanding we hand it over

we take him down

and then he becomes like kitten and leaves us be.

I dunno I can't quite place it. But something is bothering me about this whole business.

what are your thoughts Ryland?

El Jefe

First Post
Which way did he go? Which way did he go?

[sblock=Devlin: ][sblock=Aside: ]Sorry it took a week to get to this, but that's just how everyone's decisions worked out. Hope this picks up for you.[/sblock]
Dungannon said:
Devlin bids adieu to his companions and hurries out of the building and across the street, where he can wait for Jobe to leave and follow him.
After what seemed an unusually long time for his companions to untie a milquetoast of an elf, he finally spies Brimbor struggling down the stairs. Once in the street, the elf looked left and right before hurrying off to the north, in the general direction of the Red Dragon. It began to sprinkle as the elf hurried up the street.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]About time, Devlin thinks to himself as the elf finally exits the building. He takes a look around to see if anyone else takes an interest in Brimbor, then heads off in quiet pursuit.

ooc: Lemme know what skill checks you want for tailing the elf.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
He went thataway!

[sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
He takes a look around to see if anyone else takes an interest in Brimbor, then heads off in quiet pursuit.
Nobody seemed to notice another denizen emerging from the stairs besides the inkseller's shop, and Brimbor headed north with Devlin trailing behind. It was difficult for Devlin to stay hidden while maintaining a credible walking pace, but as far as he could tell, he managed a passable job of it: although the elf did glance behind him a few times to see if he was being followed, he gave no sign of being alarmed. The light sprinkling of rain that sent many scurrying for cover didn't seem to hurt; Brimbor seemed preoccupied with keeping his hair dry.

Brimbor's path took him past the Red Dragon, and thence to a few blocks north and east. Devlin was both surprised and puzzled to see him enter the Tower Inn, and rushed to the door. Just as he opened it, he caught a glimpse of what he thought was Brimbor's booted foot disappearing up the stairs to the second floor.
Dungannon said:
ooc: Lemme know what skill checks you want for tailing the elf.
OoC: Already done. Devlin doesn't think he's been spotted.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin enters the inn and approaches the reception desk.

ooc: is the person tending the desk the same one we met last night?[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
We'll leave the light on

Dungannon said:
Devlin enters the inn and approaches the reception desk.

ooc: is the person tending the desk the same one we met last night?
Devlin recognized the man at the reception desk as the innkeeper who had shown him to his room the previous day.

"Good day, Sir", the man spoke. "Will ye and your friends be staying with us another day? Same rate as before, 2 crowns from each o' ye. If ye pay in advance and stay for several days, I kin give ye a better arrangement."[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin smiles at the innkeeper. "Yes, I think we will be staying a couple of more nights." Devlin takes out a stack of crowns and sets six of them on the counter. "Tell me something, goodman. Mr. Brimbor, the elf that just came in, is he staying here alone?"[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
We don't do that here

Dungannon said:
"Tell me something, goodman. Mr. Brimbor, the elf that just came in, is he staying here alone?"
The innkeeper reached for the coins, but stopped at Devlin's question. "I think ye might misunderstand, Mr. Magruder", he began. "I do na' divulge the private matters of guests. Now, if ye'd like, I can send a girl up to his room to see if he'd like to discuss the matter with ye, but that's as far as I go." The mans gaze met Devlins as he slowly scooped up the coins, waiting for a response.[/sblock]

Remove ads