• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

the tablet war is heating up

Fast Learner

First Post
Wonder when the Android version will be available?

Google Executive Chairman seems to think it's nuts that programs are developed for Android only as an afterthought, if at all.

Google's Schmidt: Android leads the iPhone | Deep Tech - CNET News

The same Eric Schmidt who said, among many other creepy things:

"More and more searches are done on your behalf without you needing to type. I actually think most people don't want Google to answer their questions...They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next."

and

"Google policy is to get right up to the creepy line and not cross it."

Felon

First Post
The same Eric Schmidt who said, among many other creepy things:

"More and more searches are done on your behalf without you needing to type. I actually think most people don't want Google to answer their questions...They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next."

and

"Google policy is to get right up to the creepy line and not cross it."
I guess. What's your point, besides advancing a unilaterally pro-Apple spin?

Felon

First Post
Does the Thrive come with Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich?
My understanding is that the only ICS tablet to date is a cheap-o $100 model released in China.

Whether the Thrive will get an official version of ICS is a toss-up.

Btw, OnLive games has just released an Android app that I've installed on the Thrieve and the Skyrocket. Scant few touch-compatible games--LA Noire being the only notable one so far--but still, it's a big step. The Kindle Fire is supposed to get OnLive as well, and since it has no way to connect an input device (either wired or wifi), they'll have to start making more games touch-ready.

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
I guess. What's your point, besides advancing a unilaterally pro-Apple spin?

My point is that Schmidt says nutty things, to the degree and regularity that anything he says is better ignored.

I'm not unilaterally pro-Apple. I thought the Palm Pre was pretty sweet, and the new Windows Phone 7 is great.

I just think Android has far more flaws than it's worth, compared to the alternatives. If the Windows Phone app store takes off at all, I'd happily recommend it along with the iPhone.

Remove ads