The "Torment a Historian" movie playlist thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What if we went the opposite path? Chose legendary directors to step outside their usual genres to “elevate“ pop culture icons?

What would Werner Herzog do retelling the Americanized Raymond Burr version of Godzilla?

Or if Ken Burns, handed the entirety of the canon of Star Wars or Star Trek?

How awful would those be? 😆

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was looking of some of my old threads last night and dropped some likes here since this thread predates that system. I was wondering who rezzed this thread and why just a few hours later. It felt a little weird.
I am nothing if not a little weird.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
What if we went the opposite path? Chose legendary directors to step outside their usual genres to “elevate“ pop culture icons?

What would Werner Herzog do retelling the Americanized Raymond Burr version of Godzilla?

Or if Ken Burns, handed the entirety of the canon of Star Wars or Star Trek?

How awful would those be? 😆
<narrator voice - James Earl Jones>
"My dearest Padme:
The Grand Army of the Republic continues to make progress against the threat of the Separatists, though I fear it will still be many weeks before I can once again hold you in my arms. Camp life is difficult as with few amenities. Dysentery has broken out again among the clone troopers."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
<Werner Hertzog voiceover >

“As Emiko and I watched the giant reptile meandering through the smoldering remnants of downtown Tokyo, it was harried by squadron after squadron of fighter pilots. Their brave but seemingly futile efforts reminded me of my own struggles bringing Fitzcarraldo to completion...”

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!

The Pirate Captain meets Jane Austin in 1837, despite her having died in 1817.
-credit to my wife for this one.​

Remove ads