log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Previously
Julianna drank her potion, bringing her to a total of 4 hp. She also manifested thicken skin.

Initiatives
Julianna
Boog
Human Cleric
Rowan
Zombies
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Patlin

Explorer
Also, about two minutes have passed since the Knight battle started. Julianna's Force Screen is still in effect.

Through the doorway, you see a number of lumbering forms. A human at the far side of the room stands, alarmed at the intrusion.

"Kill them my Zombie Minions! Rend their flesh and eat their brains!"

A muffled indistinct chorus sounds from the Zombies at this, which might have been "Braaaaaiiiinsssss!"
 

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Didn't the zombies in M2 want to eat brains as well? This is consistancy, as well as tribute to some fine movies. I like it! Fun 0 meter 5! Um... Rowan, of course, will try to use his guissarme to cut up some zombie flesh before they reach him. How far away are the?
 

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=OoC Strategizing: ]Boog would like to be within 30' of the cleric to manifest Psionic Charm, but doesn't want to give the zombies free AoO's, and can't move more than a 5' step and manifest this round, anyway. So, if he's 40' or more from the cleric, he will be more interested in shooting the guy with his crossbow, and will maneuver for the best shot he can get that won't put him in a square threatened by a zombie. If there is more than one square he can reach that will meet that description, he'll choose one that doesn't obstruct Rowan or Julian's forward progress, or their LoS to the cleric.

If he's 35' away, and can take a 5' step toward the cleric without triggering an AoO, he'll do that and manifest Psionic Charm. If he can't approach the cleric without triggering an AoO, see his actions for 40' or greater in the previous paragraph.

If he's 30' or closer and not obstructing Rowan or Juliana, he manifests Psionic Charm where he stands. If he is obstructing either of his partners and can take a 5' step without moving out of Charm range or triggering an AoO, he'll do that. If he's obstructing and can't take a 5' step, he'll angle for a crossbow shot as mentioned in the first paragraph.

Oh, and if engaged by a zombie, he'll fire the bolt that's loaded if he hasn't already, then defend himself with his staff.

Phew. Would'a been easier with a map. But it's all good![/sblock]"Zombies", Boog announced in a flat voice. "Why does it always have to be zombies?"

The telepath pondered his next move: use his Power against the zombie-master, or just shoot him with his crossbow?
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will do the guisarme trip dance as long as she can, keeping them back, and falling back behind Rowan if needed.

OOC: Roll for me, my internet is spotty.
 

Patlin

Explorer
Sounds like a map would indeed be a good idea. Life's been full of interruptions lately...

Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|DD|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |h1|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |z2|  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |z3|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |z1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |z4|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ro|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ju|Bo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

-- = horrizontal wall
[] = vertical wall
ww = Mill Wheel: dangerous and difficult terrain, provides partial cover if you fire across it
mm = other mill machinery, as above but less dangerous to cross

z1 = Zombie 1, etc.
h1 = Human Cleric
Ju = Julianna
Bo = Boog
Ro = Rowan

dd = open door
DD = closed door
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1
Julianna readies an action to trip any Zombie entering the doorway.

Boog would like to get the human voice he heard into his crossbow sights, but Rowan is currently the only party member who has line of sight on him. He's reluctant to charge into the room with the Zombies ahead of his more martial companions.

ooc: Unless you prefer something else, El Jefe, perhaps Boog could ready an action to shoot a Zombie? I'll change this retroactively if you like, as I didn't give you adequate description. Another possibility is delaying until after Rowan moves.

On the other side of the Mill wheel, the Cleric casts a spell on himself.

[sblock=Spellcraft/Psicraft DC 16]Protection from Good[/sblock]

Rowan moves forward (to I21) and strikes at a Zombie (#2) with his polearm.
 


El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Boog would like to get the human voice he heard into his crossbow sights, but Rowan is currently the only party member who has line of sight on him. He's reluctant to charge into the room with the Zombies ahead of his more martial companions.

ooc: Unless you prefer something else, El Jefe, perhaps Boog could ready an action to shoot a Zombie? I'll change this retroactively if you like, as I didn't give you adequate description. Another possibility is delaying until after Rowan moves.
OoC: Having seen the map, this is a different kettle of fish entirely. However, first things first:
Patlin said:
On the other side of the Mill wheel, the Cleric casts a spell on himself.

[sblock=Spellcraft/Psicraft DC 16]Protection from Good[/sblock]
Boog peered past his companions and tried to cipher what sort of magic his opponent might be using. Whatever the priest was doing, it was beyond his ken.

Seeing Rowan and Juliana blocking the entrance, and the mill full of zombies and machinery, Boog decided that there was a better way to deal with the situation. Sprinting along the wall of the mill to his right, he used his mental powers to send a silent message to his cohorts: "Try to fight your way past the zombies. I'm going to go around back and sneak up on him from behind."[sblock=Revised Actions: ]First, psicraft check was a 14...close, but no cigar. Second, thank you for relieving Boog of some coin at the seer's...it just makes the difference in encumbrance between medium and light!

Boog will double move to the corner of the building. I think that puts him at V23 by the end of this round. Barring something that would change his plans, he'll run along the east wall of the mill next round, which should get him all the way to V5. That should put him at the door and within easy manifesting range on turn 3, but let's just see what happens along the way.[/sblock]
 

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan McTavish

Rowan's actions depend upon the zombies. But his preference is to pull back and take the battle outside, where his superior speed and reach will be of better advantage. Outside, he'll have some protection from the cleric's spells as well.
 

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Juliana is not set for one on one battle, being as injured as she is. If Rowan can stay in front of her, particularly with a normal melee weapon, she can settle behind you with reach and try to trip or simply injure opponents as they come. Keeping them at bay using the door is ideal.
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Concludes
(Rolling for Manzanita) Rowan's blow is ineffective, brushed aside in the Zombie's mindless advance.

The zombies lumber forward, heedless of their own safety, and attack Rowan. The dark forces seem to favor them in their stumbling charge, as the first two score telling blows upon the Barbarian. The first strikes Rowan for 5 damage, the second for 10.

As the Zombies close in, Rowan takes another swing but misses. Julianna strikes out with her readied attack, striking a Zombie hard (9 damage), and finishing it off as the heedless thing moves recklessly forward.

ooc: Z3's attack eliminated: no straight line for partial charge.

Revised Initiative
Boog
Human Cleric
Rowan
Julianna
Zombies

Round 2 Begins
Boog, hoping the door on the far side of the room is another exterior door, decides to circle the building. He hustles to the southeast corner.

The Cleric begins casting, this time a longer spell.
[sblock=Spellcraft DC 17]Summon Monster II[/sblock]

[Rowan is up next.]

ooc: Map to follow. Those able, please roll on Invisible Castle. :)
 

Patlin

Explorer
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|DD|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |h1|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |z2|  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |z1|Ro|z3|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|Ju|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Bo|  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

-- = horrizontal wall
[] = vertical wall
ww = Mill Wheel: dangerous and difficult terrain, provides partial cover if you fire across it
mm = other mill machinery, as above but less dangerous to cross

z1 = Zombie 1, etc.
h1 = Human Cleric
Ju = Julianna
Bo = Boog
Ro = Rowan

dd = open door
DD = closed door
 

El Jefe

First Post
Boog raced along the wall of the old mill, hoping to catch the dark priest unaware before his pets did too much damage to Rowan and Juliana.[sblock=Round 3 inputs]Sprint to V5, or further if the wall continues.[/sblock]
 


Manzanita

First Post
Rowan realizes he's in trouble. Surrounded by zombies and fodder for the cleric's spells. His only hope is brutal attack.

Rowan drops his glaive, useless at such close range (free action), draws his flail (MEA), rages(free action), and lashes out to trip Z1, presenting his flank to Z3, which will hopefully attack Juliana.

OOC: Use combat expertise to increase AC by 2 and reduce attack roll by 2. AC stays at 16. Rage to 19 strength. HPs increase to 29 (or 14 after dmg taken). Heavy flail: Melee touch attack to trip +4+2-1=+4; if successful strength check is +4 str +4 feat: +8. If successful attack roll at +4 & 2d4+6. Rolls: 19+4=flail wrapped around legs; 8+8=16 for strenth check. 18+4=good attack roll if tripped 3+6=9 dmg if hit. Makes up for some of his earlier bad luck.
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2 Concludes
Rowan trips a Zombie (z2), bashing it with his flail for 8 damage.

Julianna slashes at a Zombie, dealing 6 damage.

The two Zombies still standing attack Rowan but miss. The Barbarian is careless in his rage, and one of the blows gets through.

The third Zombie stands, drawing an attack of opportunity from Rowan. The Barbarian hits, dealing another point of damage. Rowan notices the Zombies aren't effected as much as living creatures by bashing weapons.
 
Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Did that zombie hit rowan b/c of flanking. Rowan's AC was 16. His HPs are now 8. his AoO attack is a good one: 20+4 to hit, and 1+6 dmg (well, good attack roll, anyway, lame dmg roll.) crit confirm roll: 13+4 & 2+6. Not bad. 7 & 8 dmg, less reduction is another 5 pts, eh?

EDIT: oh bummer. zombies don't take critical hits do they.... and, Oh, upon reflection, I realize I rolled the wrong damage dice last round. If you follow my invisible castle link from the prior round, I rolled 1d4 dmg for my heavy flail, not 1d10. I'll put my reroll in sblocks. If you decide I should reroll & take the result even if its lower, here's my reroll: [sblock] 7+6=13[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Oops. I missed the combat expetise bit... I checked your character sheet for your AC, and subtracted 2 do to rage. THere is a problem, however:

SRD (on Barbarian Rage) said:
He can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats

We'll call it a miss for this round, but in the future you can't rage and use combat expertise at the same time. I'll also edit to reflect the greater damage.
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Begins
Boog runs around the wall, and finds that the Miller's house is attached to the back of the mill. [At a run, Boog can cover quite a lot of distance in a straight line. Where does he wish to stop running -- anywhere V8 to V-8 would be fine.]

Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z

-9  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-8  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-7  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-6  |  |  |  |[]|[]|[]|[]|DD|[]|[]|[]|[]|oo|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-5  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-4  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-3  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-2  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-1  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
00  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
01  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|DD|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |h1|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |z2|  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |z1|Ro|z3|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ju|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Bo|  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

-- = horrizontal wall
[] = vertical wall
ww = Mill Wheel: dangerous and difficult terrain, provides partial cover if you fire across it
mm = other mill machinery, as above but less dangerous to cross

z1 = Zombie 1, etc.
h1 = Human Cleric
Ju = Julianna
Bo = Boog
Ro = Rowan

dd = open door
DD = closed door
oo = window
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top