log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I wouldn't have brought up Juliana's miss except for our dire circumstances. For no apparent reason, my post was placed behind other posts that were already there. It was that weird time just after ENworld came up again. In any case, Patlin doesn't want the zombies to eat our brains any more than we do! For what its worth, though Patlin, I'll have nothing against you if Rowan bites the dust. Having a zombie eat his brain is actually a pretty cool way to go!
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Hey, so far no one's died this adventure! What's all the bellyaching? :) Seriously though, I never *try* to kill my PCs. Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though. Let's see, where were we...

Previously, in Round 4
[Sorry, got interrupted here, will be back with you all as soon as I can. Ack!]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
ooc: Hey, so far no one's died this adventure! What's all the bellyaching? :) Seriously though, I never *try* to kill my PCs. Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though. Let's see, where were we...

Previously, in Round 4
[Sorry, got interrupted here, will be back with you all as soon as I can. Ack!]
OOC: Hey, no problem. I only questioned the hit when someone pointed out the AC. Otherwise I never look up monsters (I've managed to keep myself ignorant of almost every MM creature that I haven't used specificly, and even then I don't remember them well) because I like the sense of mystery and only sorta knowing what I'm doing :)

OOC2: If it makes you feel better, Juliana always seems to be in the middle of things like this. In her first adventure, the GM had her charge a guy with a reach weapon, who killed her on a crit, when I said she would ready an attack if someone got within her reach. :confused:
 

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though.
OoC: Mumble Mumble Post 174 Mumble Mumble :uhoh: :eek:
 

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
OoC: Mumble Mumble Post 174 Mumble Mumble :uhoh: :eek:
OOC: I'm kicking myself for not using Offensive Prescience, but it wasn't nessessarily an appropriate buff before battle. Might have helped (+2 to damage)
 

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: I'm kicking myself for not using Offensive Prescience, but it wasn't nessessarily an appropriate buff before battle.
OoC:Considering the unstoppable nature of Rowan's familial anxiety, I'm thinking Juliana did good to get that potion down before the door flew open! ;)
 

Patlin

Explorer
Previously in Round 4 (This replaces everything from the error onwards.)

Julianna slashes at Z3, dealing 5 more damage to the monster she had previously injured for 6 14. The fould undead creature falls before the assault, no longer animate.

Rowan withdraws to N26.

The last Zombie lumbers forward into the doorway (I22) avoiding an attack of opportunity from Julianna due to cover.

Round 5
[Boog is up, another round of running or hustling should get him back beside his comrades.]
 

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'd like to appologize if my comments seemed like bellyaching. I'm very much enjoying this adventure. I meant what I said about Rowan's potential demise, at face value.

Rowan shouts at Juliana. "Retreat! Those zombies are slow. We can bring them down at a distance. Give me your Guissarme. Use your bow!"

Rowan readies an action to flee if the scorpion or zombie come at him. If the cleric comes at him, he'll trip and fight.
 

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Round 5
[Boog is up, another round of running or hustling should get him back beside his comrades.]
Boog saw Rowan stagger out of the building, apparently at least winded from a fight. "Hey, are you two all right?", he asked, using his mental powers. So near to the wall and so far from the door, he couldn't see into the mill to know what was going on, and longed for the power to see through walls, or at least around corners. The telepath trotted at an angle to the wall, wanting to get a good look inside without getting too close to the door. "Maybe I'll have to use this thing on some of the zombies before I can try to charm that priest", he thought privately as he gripped the handle of his crossbow.[sblock=Crunch]Boog will move to U27, or if that's "off the edge of the world", to T26. If he has line of sight to an enemy (besides the knight), he'll shoot and miss with an attack roll of 5 (1 if target is in melee). Shooting that poorly, I'm hoping he doesn't get a shot in round 5...why waste a bolt?

If he doesn't have line of sight to any target, he'll keep going to Q31 if possible, and N25 (beside Rowan) if not.[/sblock]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Hp: 29/29, Ac: 20

"Don't break it," Juliana says as she allows Rowan to grab the guisarme(Free drop?) and move back 30', drawing her bow. She activates her Offensive Prescience.

OOC: She has now spent 3 of 6 PP.
 

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: The belly-aching remark was just in fun, hence the smiley. :)

Initiative
Boog
Scorpion
Human Cleric
Julianna
Rowan
Zombie


Round 5
Boog moves from the corner [y23] directly to the southewest [to U27]. He has enough time to let loose a bolt, but it thuds solidly into the side of the mill, far from any combatant.

The Scorpion moves into the doorway in order to assault Julianna, and draws an attack of opportunity. Taking advantage of its inept advance, she slashes it for 7 damage. The scorpions attack is innefective.

The cleric moves again, carefully, but is out of view at the moment.

Julianna attempts to grant Rowans request, but to her annoyance she finds that the Barbarian has allready moved right past her and is now 30' away from her, too far for a handoff. [Revised action?]

ooc: My familly is going on a road trip starting Thursday. Post rate likely to be very low for the next two weeks or so.
 

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Boog moves from the corner [y23] directly to the southewest [to U27]. He has enough time to let loose a bolt, but it thuds solidly into the side of the mill, far from any combatant.
Boog took a step closer to Rowan and the door while reloading his crossbow. "5 bolts left", he thought to himself. "Where's that priest?", he thought much more publicly to Juliana and Rowen.[sblock=Etc. ]Reload heavy crossbow and take a 5' step to T27. In the unlikely event that the cleric reveals himself to Boog before this action is complete, Boog will forego this to manifest Psionic Charm on the cleric.[/sblock]
 


Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will pull back to Rowan's position (withdrawl, so double move), and hand him the guisarme to swap with the bow.
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 5 Concludes
Julianna retreats back to Rowan's side [arriving at M27] and pulls out her bow as she does so, letting Rowan take the polearm from her right hand.

Rowan takes a moment to strap the flail back into place and accepts the offered flail. He readies an action to run away if aproached.

A zombie lumbers out [to I25] and Rowan moves away warrilly. [He retreats to N32.]

Round 6 Begins
Boog reloads his crossbow, stepping to [T27] the west.

The Scorpion moves to attack Julianna and snaps at her threateningly.

Rounding the corner and arriving at I23, the cleric makes his way cautiously into the open.
 
Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |Kn|  |  |  |H1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Z1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Sc|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
27  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ju|  |  |  |  |  |  |Bo|  |  |  |  |  |
28  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
29  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
30  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
31  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
32  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ro|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
33  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
34  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
35  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
 

Manzanita

First Post
"Red, back to me!" he shouts. Rowan is seriously injured, as is Juliana. He feels the best strategy is to use their superior speed and missile weapons. Rowan will ready an action to cover Juliana's retreat, intercepting and slashing at anyone who pursues her or charges him.
 

El Jefe

First Post
"Use the mindlink! Do you want him to know everything you think?", lashed out Boog with his mind. He wondered what was wrong with Rowan. Did the man not understand? Did he not trust Boog's powers? Was he simply fearful of the powers of the mind? Boog began to tire of his incessant chatter during the battle and wondered if the man even understood the advantage of keeping one's plans from one's enemies.

As he finished reloading his crossbow, the priest stepped hesitantly from the doorway. "Now", thought Boog to himself, "I haven't got much left, but now we'll see if can do any good." He pointed his crossbow harmlessly toward the ground, and approached the stranger. He reached out with his mind, hoping to ensnare the cleric and place him in his thrall.[sblock=Crunch ]Boog will move to O24 and manifest Psionic Charm on the cleric. That will place him at 1/15 PP. If, for some reason, that proves infeasible, Boog will fire his crossbow at the nearest non-clerical enemy...currently, the scorpion.[/sblock]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana 4/29 HP, AC: 20

Juliana Withdraws back to N33

'You fool, don't you know I can't keep up with you like this?' she says accross the mind link. 'Stand and fight, slowly steping back, and I can support you from behind, but you need to stop moving so fast.'

OOC: Juliana in plate mail has a move of 20'
 

Patlin

Explorer
Round 6 Concludes
Julianna continues to withdraw, growling her displeasure at Rowan over the mind link, but managing to catch up to the fast moving warrior.

Rowan prepares to cover her retreat, barking more orders and ready to charge between Julianna and her foes.

The Zombie lumbers forward to N29.

Round 7 Begins
Boog moves forward [to 024] and manifests a power. The target is unaffected.

The scorpion charges forward, and Rowan meets it halfway. (Rowan may roll his attack, it is a partial charge and gets a +2 to hit bonus.)
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top