log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will take a 5' step back, manifest Offensive Prescience (1PP), and then fire at the zombie that just moved to N29, missing it badly.

OOC:http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=506423

Edit: Wrong link, rolled again on accident too, but that missed also. Used the first one.

Edit2: Oops, I can't fire and manifest, so I'll just manifest.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
The Zombie lumbers forward to N29.

Boog moves forward [to 024] and manifests a power. The target is unaffected.
Boog only half expected his powers to affect the priest, and he was not disappointed: the man shrugged off Boog's attempt to ingratiate him. "Last chance", thought Boog privately. He spent the last of his Power trying to sway the cleric's mind, prepared to run if that failed.[sblock=OoC: ]This is an attempt to speed things up should Boog remain unmolested. Should the cleric continue to ignore Boog, he'll try Psionic Charm one last time (0/15 PP), then retreat to P30, taking care to not pass through a square threatened by the zombie. I'll amend this post if circumstances change. If the cleric attacks before Boog's turn, he'll use his Elan Resistance (spend 1 PP to gain +4 on any saving throw) or Resiliance (spend 1 PP to avoid 2 HP of damage) powers as appropriate. In that case, he'll move to P30 or thereabouts as described above and fire his crossbow at the nearest non-cleric enemy.[/sblock]
 

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan strikes the scorpion a solid blow as it advances on his friend, mentally cursing the lack of speed of his friend.

OOC: attack 23 dmg 11
 


Patlin

First Post
Somehow I managed to post my travel plans in my player threads, but not my DM threads. That was the cause of the delay, and I will post an update shortly! Apologies for the lack of notice.
 

Patlin

First Post
Round 7 Concludes
Rowan slashes the summoned Scorpion with a fatal blow, causing it to vanish.

Seeing Rowan charge and destroy his creature, the Cleric charges at Rowan in return. His attack is a bit over eager, and Rowan easilly dodges it.

Julianna steps back and enhances her senses with images of the near future.

The Zombie moves in, attacking Rowan and hitting for 5 damage.

Round 8 Begins
Using up his remaining power, Boog is still unable to charm the cleric.

[Rowan is up.]
 

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Using up his remaining power, Boog is still unable to charm the cleric.
"Crude force", thought Boog bitterly, "so it all comes down to crude force again." "Just like when it was against that monk", he added with a trace of irony. Boog approached the fell knight still sitting by the door, angling for the best angle to use his crossbow against either the priest or the last zombie.[sblock=OoC: ]Boog still gets his round 8 move action, and if I understand correctly, you're allowing him to modify his destination since the Psionic Charm didn't work. If that's the case, instead of moving to P30, he'll go from O24 to I23, right by the door. On round 9, he will most likely fire his crossbow at either the zombie or the cleric.[/sblock]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana AC 20, 4/28

Juliana takes another step back and fires at the nearest enemy who isn't engaged. (Juliana's Bow attack (1d20+3=20, 1d8+3=5))

If there is no other enemy not engaged, she will step forward droping her bow and drawing her heavy flail and engage the Zombie attacking Rowan. Juliana's Heavy Flail attack (1d20+4=12, 1d10+5=13)

OOC: Did Rowan get his AoO for the charging cleric and a reach weapon? And no problem, hadn't seen you around much at all, figured it was something like that :) And I can't remember if there are any others around beyond the 1 zombie and the Cleric now.

Edit: Nope, checked the older map, just those 2, so go with option 2.
 


Patlin

First Post
Just read some of the recent stuff in the general thread, and it seems it's now Manzanita's turn for a vacation. (Have fun!)

To keep things moving, I'll make some rolls for him:

Previously
As the Cleric charges in, Rowan swings his polearm but misses. (Natural 1.)

Round 8 Concludes
Rowan slashes the last Zombie for 13 damage.

The cleric continues his assault, but misses Rowan. (Another natural 1.)

Julianna smashes the zombie with her heavy flail, taking it down.

Round 9 Begins
Boog fires his crossbow at the Cleric, but misses.

Rowan slashes the cleric for 15 damage.

The Cleric smashes Rowan for 6 damage, taking him down.

[Julianna is up.]
 
Last edited:

Patlin

First Post
(On review, it was Julianna that had 4 hp left, I had thought that was Rowan. How healthy is Rowan at the moment?)
 

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: IC is down :( Not sure where Rowan is, but Juliana intends to step forward and attack the cleric. I'll post later if it comes back up.
 

Patlin

First Post
If IC remains down, you can use real dice and simply post the results.

Ack, dming two fights at once can be a headache! I usually don't have this much trouble parsing a battle.
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Assuming Rowan is up, Juliana will move to flank the cleric, swinging and hitting with a mighty blow.

OOC: Attack Roll (1d20=)19 + 4 = 23 on the D20, (1d20=)13 +4 = 17 on the confirm, not sure if that does, though add 2 if that does. Damage is 5 + (1d10=)4, if crit confirmed add an extra 5 + (1d10=)7, so damage is either 9 or 21.

OOC2: The Retcon was a bit of the problem, plus he raged, so he should be 4 above that, so he's at at least 5, I think he's at 10 or 14, per post 209.
 

Patlin

First Post
Combat concludes
Julianna's mighty blow caves in the cleric's helm, he falls to the ground a bloody mess.
 

Bront

The man with the probe
"I hope you didn't want to talk to him," She says, leaning over the body and looking for any keys, maps, notes, or anything else of interest. "I doubt he'll live."
 

El Jefe

First Post
"I wasn't sure if we'd get away with that", Boog chattered to his companions over the mindlink as he searched for his errant crossbow bolt. "There's a house behind the mill, connected to it through the back door. There's also a front door on the far side of the house, it seems to face the other way, but I didn't get to that side to see it. There's also a window in the side I did see, with closed curtains, although I did see something moving inside through a gap in the curtains. I don't know if anything spotted me."

Switching subjects, he continued. "I am completely out of Power for the day, and you see what a marksman I am. Juliana still looks somewhat battered, and you look a little worse for wear yourself. If the old lady's prophecy can be believed, we've already dismantled 2/3rd's of this conspiracy, and we still have until noon tomorrow to save your brother. What do you say?"

Boog returned from attempting to retrieve his ammunition. He regarded the fallen cleric, and spoke for the first time in several minutes: "Is there anything to be done for him? Or has he already joined his former pets?"[sblock=OoC: ]After trying to get his bolt back, he'll make an untrained heal check to stabilize the cleric, which fails. Boog will keep trying until the cleric is either dead or stabilized.[/sblock]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana checks for signs of life while she searches, and makes a halfhearted attempt to stabilize him if he is alive (Heal check = 11, IC is down again).

'I don't think we can keep this up too much longer, and if we have till noon tomorow, some rest and healing may be well recieved. If Karin is still with the Seer, perhaps she can help us a little bit. We have time, though it may be giving our enemy time to prepare.'
 

Patlin

First Post
You aren't able to save the Cleric. The Knight seems even less concerned about this than you are. When someone notices his lack of compassion, he shrugs.

"He was, at best, a business associate. Undead were only one of his loathesome habits, I won't shed any tears for him."

Rowan reluctantly agrees that rest is needed before challenging the third kidnapper.
 


Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top