The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I wouldn't have brought up Juliana's miss except for our dire circumstances. For no apparent reason, my post was placed behind other posts that were already there. It was that weird time just after ENworld came up again. In any case, Patlin doesn't want the zombies to eat our brains any more than we do! For what its worth, though Patlin, I'll have nothing against you if Rowan bites the dust. Having a zombie eat his brain is actually a pretty cool way to go!

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Hey, so far no one's died this adventure! What's all the bellyaching? :) Seriously though, I never *try* to kill my PCs. Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though. Let's see, where were we...

Previously, in Round 4
[Sorry, got interrupted here, will be back with you all as soon as I can. Ack!]

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
ooc: Hey, so far no one's died this adventure! What's all the bellyaching? :) Seriously though, I never *try* to kill my PCs. Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though. Let's see, where were we...

Previously, in Round 4
[Sorry, got interrupted here, will be back with you all as soon as I can. Ack!]
OOC: Hey, no problem. I only questioned the hit when someone pointed out the AC. Otherwise I never look up monsters (I've managed to keep myself ignorant of almost every MM creature that I haven't used specificly, and even then I don't remember them well) because I like the sense of mystery and only sorta knowing what I'm doing :)

OOC2: If it makes you feel better, Juliana always seems to be in the middle of things like this. In her first adventure, the GM had her charge a guy with a reach weapon, who killed her on a crit, when I said she would ready an attack if someone got within her reach. :confused:

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Walking into battle with one character almost out of hit points and another almost out of power points does up the danger level considerably, though.
OoC: Mumble Mumble Post 174 Mumble Mumble :uhoh: :eek:

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
OoC: Mumble Mumble Post 174 Mumble Mumble :uhoh: :eek:
OOC: I'm kicking myself for not using Offensive Prescience, but it wasn't nessessarily an appropriate buff before battle. Might have helped (+2 to damage)

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: I'm kicking myself for not using Offensive Prescience, but it wasn't nessessarily an appropriate buff before battle.
OoC:Considering the unstoppable nature of Rowan's familial anxiety, I'm thinking Juliana did good to get that potion down before the door flew open! ;)

Patlin

Explorer
Previously in Round 4 (This replaces everything from the error onwards.)

Julianna slashes at Z3, dealing 5 more damage to the monster she had previously injured for 6 14. The fould undead creature falls before the assault, no longer animate.

Rowan withdraws to N26.

The last Zombie lumbers forward into the doorway (I22) avoiding an attack of opportunity from Julianna due to cover.

Round 5
[Boog is up, another round of running or hustling should get him back beside his comrades.]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'd like to appologize if my comments seemed like bellyaching. I'm very much enjoying this adventure. I meant what I said about Rowan's potential demise, at face value.

Rowan shouts at Juliana. "Retreat! Those zombies are slow. We can bring them down at a distance. Give me your Guissarme. Use your bow!"

Rowan readies an action to flee if the scorpion or zombie come at him. If the cleric comes at him, he'll trip and fight.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Round 5
[Boog is up, another round of running or hustling should get him back beside his comrades.]
Boog saw Rowan stagger out of the building, apparently at least winded from a fight. "Hey, are you two all right?", he asked, using his mental powers. So near to the wall and so far from the door, he couldn't see into the mill to know what was going on, and longed for the power to see through walls, or at least around corners. The telepath trotted at an angle to the wall, wanting to get a good look inside without getting too close to the door. "Maybe I'll have to use this thing on some of the zombies before I can try to charm that priest", he thought privately as he gripped the handle of his crossbow.[sblock=Crunch]Boog will move to U27, or if that's "off the edge of the world", to T26. If he has line of sight to an enemy (besides the knight), he'll shoot and miss with an attack roll of 5 (1 if target is in melee). Shooting that poorly, I'm hoping he doesn't get a shot in round 5...why waste a bolt?

If he doesn't have line of sight to any target, he'll keep going to Q31 if possible, and N25 (beside Rowan) if not.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Hp: 29/29, Ac: 20

"Don't break it," Juliana says as she allows Rowan to grab the guisarme(Free drop?) and move back 30', drawing her bow. She activates her Offensive Prescience.

OOC: She has now spent 3 of 6 PP.

Remove ads