The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will take a 5' step back, manifest Offensive Prescience (1PP), and then fire at the zombie that just moved to N29, missing it badly.

OOC:http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=506423

Edit: Wrong link, rolled again on accident too, but that missed also. Used the first one.

Edit2: Oops, I can't fire and manifest, so I'll just manifest.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
The Zombie lumbers forward to N29.

Boog moves forward [to 024] and manifests a power. The target is unaffected.
Boog only half expected his powers to affect the priest, and he was not disappointed: the man shrugged off Boog's attempt to ingratiate him. "Last chance", thought Boog privately. He spent the last of his Power trying to sway the cleric's mind, prepared to run if that failed.[sblock=OoC: ]This is an attempt to speed things up should Boog remain unmolested. Should the cleric continue to ignore Boog, he'll try Psionic Charm one last time (0/15 PP), then retreat to P30, taking care to not pass through a square threatened by the zombie. I'll amend this post if circumstances change. If the cleric attacks before Boog's turn, he'll use his Elan Resistance (spend 1 PP to gain +4 on any saving throw) or Resiliance (spend 1 PP to avoid 2 HP of damage) powers as appropriate. In that case, he'll move to P30 or thereabouts as described above and fire his crossbow at the nearest non-cleric enemy.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Somehow I managed to post my travel plans in my player threads, but not my DM threads. That was the cause of the delay, and I will post an update shortly! Apologies for the lack of notice.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 7 Concludes
Rowan slashes the summoned Scorpion with a fatal blow, causing it to vanish.

Seeing Rowan charge and destroy his creature, the Cleric charges at Rowan in return. His attack is a bit over eager, and Rowan easilly dodges it.

Julianna steps back and enhances her senses with images of the near future.

The Zombie moves in, attacking Rowan and hitting for 5 damage.

Round 8 Begins
Using up his remaining power, Boog is still unable to charm the cleric.

[Rowan is up.]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Using up his remaining power, Boog is still unable to charm the cleric.
"Crude force", thought Boog bitterly, "so it all comes down to crude force again." "Just like when it was against that monk", he added with a trace of irony. Boog approached the fell knight still sitting by the door, angling for the best angle to use his crossbow against either the priest or the last zombie.[sblock=OoC: ]Boog still gets his round 8 move action, and if I understand correctly, you're allowing him to modify his destination since the Psionic Charm didn't work. If that's the case, instead of moving to P30, he'll go from O24 to I23, right by the door. On round 9, he will most likely fire his crossbow at either the zombie or the cleric.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana AC 20, 4/28

Juliana takes another step back and fires at the nearest enemy who isn't engaged. (Juliana's Bow attack (1d20+3=20, 1d8+3=5))

If there is no other enemy not engaged, she will step forward droping her bow and drawing her heavy flail and engage the Zombie attacking Rowan. Juliana's Heavy Flail attack (1d20+4=12, 1d10+5=13)

OOC: Did Rowan get his AoO for the charging cleric and a reach weapon? And no problem, hadn't seen you around much at all, figured it was something like that :) And I can't remember if there are any others around beyond the 1 zombie and the Cleric now.

Edit: Nope, checked the older map, just those 2, so go with option 2.

Patlin

Explorer
Just read some of the recent stuff in the general thread, and it seems it's now Manzanita's turn for a vacation. (Have fun!)

To keep things moving, I'll make some rolls for him:

Previously
As the Cleric charges in, Rowan swings his polearm but misses. (Natural 1.)

Round 8 Concludes
Rowan slashes the last Zombie for 13 damage.

The cleric continues his assault, but misses Rowan. (Another natural 1.)

Julianna smashes the zombie with her heavy flail, taking it down.

Round 9 Begins
Boog fires his crossbow at the Cleric, but misses.

Rowan slashes the cleric for 15 damage.

The Cleric smashes Rowan for 6 damage, taking him down.

[Julianna is up.]

Last edited:

Remove ads