The Travesty! The Horror! Male Medusae.

Will you use, or allow summons of, male medusae?

• No, medusae are only female. This is my first house rule.

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • No, medusae are only female. However, this is not my first house rule.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Male medusae are ok with me.

Votes: 179 73.7%

• Poll closed .

Westwind

First Post
Maedar (male medusa) have been around for a bit, so this isn't a huge change. Assuming the half-elf is "fixed" and the warlord can, indeed, heal I haven't seen any mechanics that I'm going to houserule out of the box, most of my game mechanics energy will probably be spent on converting Iron Kingdoms to 4e. Theme-related stuff will probably get tweaked a fair amount; I'm a big fan of putting new clothes on ideas to keep things fresh. As long as I have militarist hobgoblins, I've got all the monsters I need.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Terwox said:
Well, I just saw my first house rule. Those guys are out, medusae are female. How about you?

Where's the option for "I'm so old school there's only ONE Medusa in my game. And she's an epic solo."? The plural of "Medusa" has always seemed really, really weird to me for some reason. :)

Anyway - I'm going to wait to see the implementation before I worry too much about it. I'm betting that it's just a couple of lines in the description - hence no rule - hence no need to house rule. If I decide it's too weird to use a male "Medusa" then I just won't have a male one show up.

Terwox

First Post
Westwind said:
Maedar (male medusa) have been around for a bit, so this isn't a huge change.

Ew, they have?

Oh well, from the early results, looks like I'm one of the few bothered by this. So, perhaps adding them was a good call. :) Bummer for me though!

LowSpine

First Post
If I was bothered about MMs being classically accurate I would have never picked any of them up.

In fact, if any of them were classically accurate I probably would never have picked any of them up. I can't stand classic Greek/Roman mythology. It's all about having sex with your mother, falling in love with your own reflection and a bunch of sheet wearing Gods who act more like Big Brother Chavs than deities.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Westwind said:
Maedar (male medusa) have been around for a bit, so this isn't a huge change.
This. Unless they're just making male medusas the same as female ones. Then I'm unhappy. If it's a maedar (regardless of the name), then I'm happy.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads