The Treasure of the Tierra Padre... [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"Many trips, yes." Iggy will then pick up the papers, and examine the writings.

OOC: Our rope is not secured on the other side is it?

BIC: "We have two ropes. We can have two people on each side of this tunnel. We tie a bag of treasure to a rope, and have the two outside pull it through. They then detach the bag, perhaps dumping it out in order to return a useable bag, then attach the bag and their rope to the other rope, allowing them to pull both ropes back. We could pass the treasure out this way. Hopefully we can find room for all of it on the horses."

El Jefe

First Post
"A good plan", agreed Oirhandir, "but here's an even better one. With two ropes, tie them both together at each end. Have at least one person at each end of the tunnel. Then the person at this end pulls on one rope, and the person on the other end pulls the other. Tie bags to the outgoing rope, and we'll have this place emptied in no time."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I concur, this plan sounds fine. I can easily swim back and pull from the other side, and I think some muscle might be needed to speed up the clearing of this cave. And I wouldn't mind to take a better look at that suit of armor once we are done here." Rogier says, preparing to take yet another swim through the tunnel.

Xael

First Post
"That's a good plan. I'll go with Rogier, since I'm of as little use on boths sides anyway. And I can play to be a bag of valuables to test the idea.", Almayce says, and prepares for another annoying swimming trip. He will wait until the rope-system is complete so that he can just pull himself through the tunnel again).

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir quickly examined his possessions to make sure he hadn't lost anything on his last swim, and put his pack on his shoulders once again.

"I would expect our things would dry out better in the sun atop this hill", he announced to the group. "So, Iggy", he asked, "did you ever discern what was on those papers back there?"

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Yes. I'm very interested in what these say."

Once Iggy has read the papers, he'll proceed to help pack up the horses for their return journey. If he can't read the papers, he'll make sure they're stored in a water-tight container for the trip out. He'll study his comprehend languages spell for tomorrow.

"It looks like we'll have to hand all this over to our employer. We'll get a good reward for this, and it will make us look good to have fulfilled our part of the bargain. This was a dangerous trip, but could have been worse. I am eager to get out of here in case 'mom' shows up."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I'm sure our employer will be pleased to see we have found the treasure we were looking for. And quite swiftly, I might add. I find it strange though, that noone ever found this lair. Especially in a surrounding like this..."

Xael

First Post
"We're not back in Orussus yet. There's still possibility for everything from natural disasters to highway robbers to make appearance before we get there.", Almayce ponders aloud, but he doesn't sound as serious as usual. "I would be extremely pleased if this trip would have no more surprises though. But let's pack these things and get out of here. I'm not fond of swamps."

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Yes. I'm very interested in what these say."

One bit of parchment has a half completed drawing on it, another sheet has an identical drawing, but fully completed. It appears to be a map. On the back of the completed map, a message is written in an odd dialect...

"Ryed east along the roade that followes the Rivre Roars from Orussus tew Rivenblight. Passd the crossroades tew Lathirn, lyes an olde watremille. At the mille, cross the Rivre Roars and travle dew south through the swamplandes until a hye hille toppd bye a barren oake is seen. Therein lyes a cayve, which is the dragon's layr.

Two sackes of coyn, a small chest of gems and jewlry, and several weppons and maile coates of hye quality have been salvagd. It is thought that a grayter cayche is buryd in some hidden spot within the layr. Begin gathering provisions and tools for a second expedition.

-J.M."

Attachments

• TreasureMap.jpg
    TreasureMap.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 118

Remove ads