D&D General The Tyranny of Rarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually do say "this thing doesn't exist," although it's not something the players really know about. In the world I mentioned, there are no goblinoids--at least not in this part of the world. It'll only come up if one of the players decides to make a new character who's a goblinoid.

I should clarify a bit. I may do that.... I may make a mental note that there aren't any X in this world. But I don't commit to that until it actually makes sense to do so because I may change my mind. If it's something fundamental like "Dragon are extinct" and that's like important to the game, then I may establish it right away.

Nothing in my notes (such as they exist) is anything I consider canon until it's made it into play.

I'm curious about it too, but I already asked him and didn't hear back.
I can tell you that if I were to sell my campaign ideas or my adventures I would advertise them every single time I could and would include their location/price and whatnot into my bandoleer/signature.

I can tell you that if I were to sell my campaign ideas or my adventures I would advertise them every single time I could and would include their location/price and whatnot into my bandoleer/signature.
Yeah, same. It would also answer my question to them about what kind of D&D they like, which they refused because it was apparently commercially available. If I knew what it was, I might buy it.

Egon Spengler

"We eat gods for breakfast!"
Whoever taught this forum 'one true way' and 'badwrongfun' needs to be found and punished for the crime of murdering honest discussion.

And yet… same as last time, the two entrenched positions on this thread can be summarized as, "I curate, but if you don't, that's totally cool," and "Your curating offends me, on behalf of your oppressed players."

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
They can play whatever races they want anyway.
Says who? Not the 5e PHB. The 5e PHB directs the player to ask which things are in the game, because DMs change things.
I've run D&D games in everything from Middle Earth and Mistborn to Dresden Files Chicago and the DC Universe.
That sounds pretty cool. How did you do Mistborn, though? The book magic system works very differently from D&D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4