The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye sets off at a dead run for Shatterframe's van, in an attempt to secure the "package." Once inside the armored van, he intends to guard the box with his life, staying low and out of sight, with his massive Ruger pistol aimed at the van's side door. No enemy will get into the van without being fired upon.

[sblock=Hawkeye's Rolls]
OOC: 74,78,71 = base rolls for next three actions taken, as per LINE chat. (I guess the first roll (74) will be for reaction.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
For posting during the week receive 5 xp

Fight for Survival . . . and a box
[sblock= Reaction]
Syd Vicious: 48-15(armor)+88=121
Trollick: 53-15(armor)-15(pistol)-5(Essence)+64(d100)=82
Hawkeye: 55-15(armor)-15(pistol)+74=99
Shatterframe: 76-15(armor)-70(damage)+93(d100)+45(luck)=129
Van Driver: 60+04=64
Pink Hair: 52+70=122
Spartan Dog: 53+98(d100)+44(luck)=195 [/sblock]
Order of Action: Spartan Dog, Shatterframe, Pink Hair, Syd, Hawkeye, Spartan Dog, Trollick, Van Driver, Shatterframe, Pink Hair, Syd

Splattered in the blood of his friends, the lone Spartan Dog whips out his heavy pistol with a speed that tells the Runners he had his hand on it the entire time. With his face full of rage, he points and fires at the pink hair woman.[sblock=Pistol Attack] [roll: 53(base)+88(d100)=141] [Defense: 52+22=74] [Damage=20, Deflect: 25-20=5][/sblock]
His shot catches her in the ribs and rocks her in the van, but does not penetrate her medium armor. Reaction adjust: 122-20 (damage resist)=102; Syd now goes before Pink Hair

Listen, I need to jack in to the rig here, so I'm going to disconnect you.
As Syd is speaking with Shatterframe two shotguns flip into view on the left and right sides of her van’s hood. They are on precision swivel turrets and capable of engaging any target in range. With a flash of light, the Remote Control Headset flies off Shatterframe’s head and into Syd’s waiting hands.

“Do me a favor, liveborn,” Shatterframe mumbles as she stems the flow of blood from her wounds, “shoot back.”

In one fluid motion, Syd Vicious sits on the floor of the van and slips the headset over his eyes. At once his mind melds with the machine in a familiar way although he has never directed this vehicle before. Syd has complete control of everything in the van and with a thought he fires back with the ready twin blasters.[sblock=Shotgun Attack] [Attack: 49+59(d100)+25(extra weapon)=133], 60+59(d100)-50(stationary)=69, Damage: 22, Deflect (van)10-22=12 damage, Armor: 25-12=13][/sblock]
The two shotguns tear holes in the van in the direction of the driver, but Syd cannot tell how much damage he does to his opponent. Reaction adjust: 64-12(damage resist)=52

Pink Hair woman turns a twisted stare on the remaining Spartan Dog and points both her machine guns to blow him away.[sblock=Full Auto Attack] [52+95(d100)+65(luck)+25(extra weapon)=237, Defend: 53+37(d100)=90],[Damage=44-10 deflect=34 damage, deceased][/sblock]
“Die, SD!” the Pink Hair woman screams as she expertly aims her duo machine guns and wastes the last ganger.

With the box secured and his pistol in hand, Hawkeye hops in the van and keeps his head down. He makes sure not to knock over Syd, blasting away with the vehicle shotguns.

Seeing that Syd has the Remote Headset on, Trollick manipulates Way as he hangs out of the open door of Shatterframe’s van and bends the shadow of the vehicle to cover him as he fires his pistol. [sblock=Pistol Attack][53+44(d100)=97], Van Driver Defend: 60+74(d100)=138][/sblock] Trollick bounces a round off the enemy van’s frame.

The machine gun on top of the van attempts to track Trollick to shoot back. [sblock=Full Auto Attack] [Attack: 60+58=118, Trollick Defend: 53+14(obscure)+92(d100)+79(luck)=238.[/sblock]
The darkness that Trollick stretches over himself fools the van driver completely. The machine gun tracks off to the right of the Runners, tearing up pavement on imaginary shadows.

Shatterframe says nothing as she slips her VR headset over her head.

Syd pulls the van back, driving backwards as easily as forwards and fires again with the shotguns. [sblock=Shotgun Attack][49+81(d100)+25(extra weapon)=155, Van Driver Defense: 60+65-50(stationary)=75, Damage: 28]Van Driver Medium armor: 13-28=15 damage, Body10-15=5 Mind damage.[/sblock] Again Syd lets loose with the shotguns, blasting out the back windows of the enemy van.

Reveling in her lucky kills, Pink Hair turns her guns on Shatterframe’s van as they begin to make their escape.[sblock=Full Auto Attack] [Attack: 52+36(d100)+25(extra weapon)=114, Syd Defense: 49+90(d100)+44(luck)=183][/sblock]
Although deadly with her weapons before, the Pink Hair woman only fires a few wasted rounds at where Shatterframe’s van used to be. As you pull away from Brimstone Storage, the other van does not move to follow or shoot again.

Shatterframe’s Van Stats: 1 operator, 4 passengers. Top speed: 140 mph, Deflect: 15, 2 concealable shotguns installed under hood, can fire spread or slug

Combat is effectively over. If you wish to go back and try to kill the Pink Hair woman and van driver, roll reaction and declare intentions. Otherwise declare where you wish to go.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Feeling as if good fortune has shined upon their circumstances, Trollick has no desire to press his luck. "We have the prize. No need to wager what we have already won. Drive us Syd! Get to someplace we can better asses the damage to Shatterframe. I actually have some talent in augmenting a bodies natural ability to mend itself."
[sblock=Render Physical Aid]Mercantile + Mend + d100
Trollick: 14 + 23 + 54 = 91
Recover Time: 10 days * loss of Body / (target Health + target Confluence + 91)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd nods in agreement and races down the city streets. Seeing no one following, he slows down to keep Lone Star from checking on a random speeder tearing along in a shot up van down the city's main avenues.

Before Trollick tries to mend Shatterframe, Syd asks out loud for everyone to answer: "She called me 'liveborn'. Liveborn!" He looks at Shatterframe, and asks: "If I'm liveborn, then what does that make you?"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
For posting during the week receive 5 xp

Good to get Paid
[sblock=Mend] Mercantile + Mend + d100
Trollick: 14 + 23 + 54 = 91
Recover Time: 10 days * loss of Body(7) / (target Health(3) + target Confluence(4) + 91)=0.71 [/sblock]

Shatterframe removes her headset and nods permission. Trollick places a hand on Shatterframes shoulder and she holds up a piece of laser dried mend bark. “Use this,” she manages to say. He takes the bark and it burns with a bright blue flame in his palm. For a moment the lines of Trollicks hand blurs as it vibrates at rapid speed and he gently slaps the bark down on her shoulder. The bark disintegrates and Shatterframe inhales sharply.

The bullet wounds stop seeping blood and Shatterframe looks a little less pale, but she is still injured.

In the sprawl of traffic, a car pulls up next to the van with a red cross and circle on the hood. Shatterframe inhales sharply again and her wounds close a little. The car pulls away and reduces speed to exit the road. Shatterframe explains, “I had help on the way, but I appreciate the boost. The Crosscircle Corporation provides mobile magical healing. As I’m sure you know magic can't bring anyone back from full dead, but if you're still alive when they reach you they can have a busted runner back on their feet by the next day.”

If I'm liveborn, then what does that make you?
Shatterframe chuckles and then grimaces in pain. Gasping she says, “’Liveborn’ is just slang for living person. Cosmetic changes are so prevalent that someone’s look can change every month, and there’s plenty of people that changed how they looked after they were born.”

“From what I could tell in the VR, the HPD aren’t looking for us. The whole thing was recorded by drones, and it shows you walking out of Brimstone’s with a box and getting shot at. Nothing against the law about shooting back in Houston. Pink Hair’s name is Martha P, and she escaped, although the driver of the van was apprehended. Martha P will probably have a new face and identity by tomorrow, something the HPD facial recognition sensors can’t pick up. The way she went after those Spartan Dogs seemed personal. I mean, she really torched them.”

With no pursuit, Syd drives back to Nacho’s and Shatterframe says, “I still feel like a popped balloon. I would appreciate it if you fellas would stay with me until the client collects the box and delivers your pay.”

Since these are your credits, the group agrees to stay with Shatterframe. You exit the van, which then drives on autopilot around the corner, and move into the bottom floor of the skyscraper. Through the front door is a waiting room for owners of damaged vehicles. Two other doors lead off from it. The waiting room is empty with rows of cushioned seats against the bare walls. Shatterframe seems stronger and her voice is clearer.

“Set the box on the floor and make yourselves comfortable. The client will be here in about fifteen minutes. You may do as you wish, of course, but please don’t speak to the client. For obvious reasons they don’t like to be exposed to runners. If I am injured or indisposed, I can invoke a clause in the contract that allows you to be here.” Shatterframe takes her own advice and sits in one of the chairs, putting her VR headset back on.

Anyone that decides to explore the rest of the space finds through the first door an office with kiosks for people to register their vehicles for service. With the use of Remote Headsets collisions hardly ever occur, and almost all the damage repaired here is from combat weaponry. The other door is locked.

After only ten minutes a female giant walks into the waiting area from the outside. She has long silver hair in a top knot and is wearing a dark longcoat. Shatterframe removes her VR headset and motions to the box. Without speaking a word, the giant bends down, runs a small handheld device around the edge of the box, and removes the top. After pulling away old straw packing, she takes out a brass statue of an ancient armored man and turns it all around, looking at it from every angle. The giant pulls the statue and the top comes off, revealing a long, narrow compartment with a roll of human leather around a bone. Nodding to herself she replaces the top, leaves the original box and walks out with the urn tucked under her arm.

For completing the mission receive 2500 credits.

Shatterframe smiles and says, “I should be good as new by tomorrow night. Here’s a list of more offers.”

First offer: I gave this job to someone else and now they’ve disappeared too. I upped the pay as per the mortal danger clause. Down on the coast in a place called Surfside Beach four regular people and two runners have disappeared. All of their equipment, supplies, clothes, and vehicles were found, just no people. As per their choice by law, the families involved have elected to hire Freelancers instead of the HPD to solve this mystery, so don’t count on cooperation from law enforcement. Investigate and find the people without disappearing yourselves. -Pay: 3000 credits

Second offer: In Port Arthur there’s a man that needs to deliver a package and he’s decided to hire his own security, which is you three. Of course, I’ll be providing transportation to his destination in downtown, but you will have to accompany him through the skyscraper where he wants to go and hand deliver his goods. This job requires two things for full payment. 1. Customer can’t die 2. Package must be delivered where he wants it. -Pay: 3000 credits

Third offer: A little girl in El Campo has lost her cat. Seriously, she wants to hire you to find her cat. -Pay 3000 credits

You have about twenty hours left before you go back to work. Let me know if there are any non-work actions you intend to do in weekly post.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye scoffs, "A cat, eh? Must be really special. I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like just what we need. We find this cat for the little rich girl, and get some easy money for a change. What's the worst that could happen?"

MacConnell

[sblock=First offer]I gave this job to someone else and now they’ve disappeared too. I upped the pay as per the mortal danger clause. Down on the coast in a place called Surfside Beach four regular people and two runners have disappeared. All of their equipment, supplies, clothes, and vehicles were found, just no people. As per their choice by law, the families involved have elected to hire Freelancers instead of the HPD to solve this mystery, so don’t count on cooperation from law enforcement. Investigate and find the people without disappearing yourselves. -Pay: 3000 credits[/sblock]
[sblock=Second offer]In Port Arthur there’s a man that needs to deliver a package and he’s decided to hire his own security, which is you three. Of course, I’ll be providing transportation to his destination in downtown, but you will have to accompany him through the skyscraper where he wants to go and hand deliver his goods. This job requires two things for full payment. 1. Customer can’t die 2. Package must be delivered where he wants it. -Pay: 3000 credits[/sblock]
[sblock=Third offer]A little girl in El Campo has lost her cat. Seriously, she wants to hire you to find her cat. -Pay 3000 credits[/sblock]
Hawkeye scoffs, "A cat, eh? Must be really special. I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like just what we need. We find this cat for the little rich girl, and get some easy money for a change. What's the worst that could happen?"
Trollick thumbs his temples and then rubs his left hand through his short-cropped beard. "I don't know, Hawkeye. It may be a real cat, not a synth. Too many variables... That job may resist completion."

"The second job sounds the most plausible, but runs a great risk of voiding pay. I mean, one casualty and... There we are bust on the cred. As a group, or as individuals, we don't much look the security type. I'm thinking two giants and pure runner, we are going to make everyone jumpy."

"The first job sounds the most intriguing to me, but I will go with whatever we decide."

With his down time, Trollick will survey the area around Hawkeye's pad to see what exist for walk-ups or if any anomalies catch his interests. Despite the availability of products through the VR, he would like to find a mystic walk-up. He will spend some of his portion of the earnings to buy a heartstone talisman.

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd simply cuts to the quick:
"I love the jump, the juice and jazz of the security job with the package delivery. And jumpy, Trollick? Really? Feck it! Let the drekheads jump."

MacConnell

Syd simply cuts to the quick:
"I love the jump, the juice and jazz of the security job with the package delivery. And jumpy, Trollick? Really? Feck it! Let the drekheads jump."
Trollick scratches his head. He lifts his left hand in a gesture of response then replaces it at his side.. He scratches his head again. "Syd. I have no idea what you just said to me. So which run are you wanting to do?"

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd chuckles as he answers Trollick: "The second job, ya meathead. The Port Arthur gig. Sheesh." He then begins to laugh, but cuts it short.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases