• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper puts a hand on Henrick's shoulder firmly to hold him back.

"Don't," she advises him quietly. "It may be a trick."

With a murmured incantation, she summons a quartet of small blue-white lights in a diamond formation, and sends them coasting silently ahead of them, casting the room in stark electric illumination. The sharp shadows the lights create move and stretch as they pass, making the room seem uneasily alive.

She guides those lights towards 'Orlef' so they can see him more clearly.

(Knowledge: Arcana = 17. The run of bad dice on InvisCastle continues. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4264532/)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper's light reveals a little more. The man's breathing is labored and his eyes are slightly glazed. Sweat beads his brow and now and then he releases a low moan. A heavy shelf has collapsed over him burying his hips and legs beneath a pile of debris near to the top of the door.

jkason

First Post
"Yes. Best we keep you in reserve, friend. You're the only one who knows where we are, after all," Midian says lightly, supporting Whisper's move to get Henrick out of the way. To the others he adds, "I thought I saw ... he may not be alone in there," at a whisper. "Something moving beneath his clothes that isn't him.

"I may have a spell that solves this handily without worrying about structural integrity,"
he offers at a normal speaking voice. Left unsaid is that the spell means none of them would have to move within reach of the pinned man.

[sblock=ooc]I'm thinking about using Liberating Command. It'd give him an instant Escape Artist attempt to get himself free with a +16 to the roll. If he's held by more than just the bookcase, I think it still applies, so it might be doubly useful if he's grappled by a hidden tentacle?

Provided no one objects and / or I'm not misunderstanding the spell, he'll cast it. If it wouldn't even help him vs. the bookcase, then we'll have to go with something else. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Reflex save: +8

Conditions: Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, Ant Haul, Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, Water Walk (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Freedom of Movement, Dispel Magic, **Ball Lightning, Control Water (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"A trap such as the two of you suspect would imply cleverness and subtlety on the part of our antagonist or antagonists. Truly a disturbing thought," Doral softly declares as he takes a step back and waits the result of the spell.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Midian's spell creates a thin black film that spreads over the mans torso and disappears down his waist. He struggles feebly to drag himself forward but lacks the strength to do so. He groans and his head drops back to the floor. Henrick gasps and moves forward a step. "Orlef! Hold on, we can help you." He turns to you and says "We have to get him out of there! He's still alive!"

Perception DC10
[SBLOCK]
Now that Midian has pointed it out, you can clearly see and unnatural bulge in the front of the grossly obese man's tunic. Something is underneath the man's uniform.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says, "If he is alive and in pain, this shall help settle him down for now. If this is a trap, I shall reveal its truth." He raises his hand and casts a spell into the bulge on the man's tunic.

OOC: Casting daze at the bulge.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man lurches violently, abnormally as something in his chest heaves. He starts a strangled scream as his body contorts. Abruptly his body begins to bloat. It swells like a balloon. You see his face turn purple, then white as his skin is stretched thin. There is a horrible wet pop as his body erupts and showers the hallway in gore. Hundreds, maybe thousands of red slick worms wriggle and writhe about. They begin to bunch together like a swarm and move purposefully towards you.

OOC Initiatives

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I suddenly realize that in some unfathomable moments, my bookish upbringing has left me quite unprepared." Doral says as he takes a step back and mentally sorts through an inventory of spells.

OOC: Init is 17. 1d20+7=17

Remove ads