• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper picks a spot to sit down against a bulkhead and works a few kinks out of her neck.

"We can't really afford to play an attrition game here, where we can't heal ourselves easily. We can catch our breaths, but I think he's right about moving. They can just pick and pick at us. The only option we have against that is to drive straight for the goal as fast as we can."

She scowls. "I am concerned about exit strategy though. It won't do us any good to find the core if we can't get it back out."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I agree that we must move from here. However, if we shall rest it should be before the next level in accordance to our new friend's description of the danger. Speed and guile shall be our defense." Doral offers. He did not like how the situation was unfolding, but the promise of a return home with honor was too good a prize to give up.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken regards the refugee agai. "Seems to me if your Sir Ferzick was smart he'd've allowed the gnomes in and let them and the worm things sort each other out, eh?" he says. "Dead men claim no spoils, as the old bosun used to say. Alright mate, if this place is compromised you got any other bolt-holes we can go to?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian's eyes light up briefly, and he roots around in his bag, pulling out a small pouch, which he opens to show the magical berries he prepared prior to leaving.

"With all this twisted nature around, I'd utterly forgotten these," he says, offering them to the group. "They can at least keep us fed on the go, even if the only offer mild healing."

He looks to Whisper as her body language betrays the exhaustion they all feel.

"I may not be able to heal us, but nature did give our bodies a little built-in resiliency, though it costs us the time sleep requires. It also gives us back a measure of the magic we've burned getting this far. If we're looking for an exit strategy, that might be even more important."

He blushes now as he adds, "Sleep also gives us clarity, like remembering that I actually have some magics which can hide us while we sleep, provided these creatures don't wander directly into the space we occupy."

[sblock=ooc]Things I managed to forgot and are actually directly applicable to the current situation:

1) Midian had stockpiled Goodberries before they came to the Mournland. I don't think it's been 8 days yet, so they're still good. They'll only give max 8 points of healing to anyone who needs it, but something's better than nothing.

2) I need to read my own mini stats. Midian also prepared Hide Campsite. It'll probably be tight for all of us to fit into a 20 ft. area, but since it means the nasties can only sense us if they wander directly into the area, it might be worth it. At 8th level, it can last up to 16 hours, so more than enough time for folks to prep spells, etc. with minimal guard scheduling required.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Reflex save: +8

Conditions: For Kraken: Delay Poison (8 hrs)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 7/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, [s]Ray of Sickening[/s], Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : [s]Delay Poison[/s], [s]**Frigid Touch[/s], Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, [s]Stone Call[/s], Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : **Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, [s]Resinous Skin[/s], Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, [s]Geyser[/s], Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gives Midian a fond smile at the sight of the magic berries. "What would we do without you?"

"All right, we'll have to risk resting. I suggest we keep watches in twos though. Attacks may come without warning."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Fair enough," says Kraken. "I'll take first watch, and keep your berries, Middo, until we really need them. eh?" He grimaces ruefully. "Don't beat yerself up about forgetting. If I'd thought about it I could have picked up some healing potions or maybe a wand - a cleric on a stick, those cityfolk called it."

jkason

First Post
Midian returns Whisper's smile, then shrugs "I think we'd all be in a spot of trouble if we were going this kind of thing alone. It's nice not to be," he replies.

To Kraken, he adds, "Unfortunately, the Mournlands don't much like healing magics, or I'd be putting my own 'cleric stick' to use."

Reaching into a pouch on his hip, the druid produces a sprig of mistletoe and a small vial. He waves the sprig over the vial as he makes a very exacting series of clicking sounds. The liquid inside--quicksilver, by the look of it--rises out of the bottle, coating the mistletoe completely.

Moving from clicking to a series of low hums, growls, and whistles, Midian moves to the outer edge of the area the group has chosen for standing its ground. He touches the sprig along the ground, its surface a rippling silver, then raises it as high as he can reach. The air itself wavers at the sprig's passing, and the others can detect the faint, glowing traces of a border as Midian continues the process all the way around them.

When he is done, the mistletoe has shed its quicksilver, and he returns it to his belt pouch.

"There. Stay inside the border and nothing should be drawn to us for the next 16 hours," he announces. "Though I don't know how illusion-resistent these creatures might be, so you're all right, that watches wouldn't be amiss. Just remember: we can see out just fine, but they can't see in unless they overcome the magic. Even if something passes close, if it shows no interest in coming our direction, I'd discourage engaging it. It might be unnerving, but so long as it can't sense us, I say we let it go and gather our strength."

[sblock=ooc]I need to consider Midian's spells for the morning, but wanted to get this up for now. So, the block below is before he's slept and prepared spells for the next day.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Reflex save: +8

Conditions: For Kraken: Delay Poison (8 hrs)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 7/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, [s]Ray of Sickening[/s], Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : [s]Delay Poison[/s], [s]**Frigid Touch[/s], Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, [s]Stone Call[/s], Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : **Call Lightning*, [s]Hide Campsite[/s], Neutralize Poison, [s]Resinous Skin[/s], Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, [s]Geyser[/s], Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - sorry I've been MIA this whole month. Some things piled up and I've been running ragged getting everything back up to speed. I'll be working on an update later this week!

jkason

First Post
OOC: No worries. This is a pretty involved scenario, and the atmosphere in this one's been really fun. I'd rather ya get to take your time than rush things. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads