• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn (Team Diamond Lake) - IC

renau1g

First Post
Jules is always ready for trouble, expecting Kullen and company around every corner.

[sblock=ooc]

init (1d20+6=24)

Ah...the good old King's Road. A staple of many of my adventures. It's actually from the Keep on the Shadowfell intro module for 4e. Terrible module as written (as almost all WotC ones are) but with some spit and polish not a bad one. Just need to cut out about 50% of the combat as the 5th time fighting the same kobolds in a row gets boring. That said, I prefer to take around the same effort and tweak a Paizo module to 4e with usually better results.

[/sblock]

A step behind Jules, Vixtrin halts and cocks her head. Reaching for and quietly uncoiling her spiked chain, Vixtrin listens.
OOC: If Vixtrin hears anything untoward, she will approach the large cluster of rocks directly south of the cottage, spiked chain in hand. She wants to stand on the east side of the rocks, looking west.

Shayuri

First Post
Aria, startled when Eldariel pushed her out of the doorway, peeked cautiously back around its frame to see Galyn when he spoke. Her eyes ficked nervously to the bushes. What would have two strong men-at-arms so worried?

(*looks at rolls...gets all vindictive and suspicious* :))

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Everyone freezes as they watch the woods. Then suddenly three wolves burst from the trees and stand in middle of the road growling. Two looked half starved, but the third is large and well feed, a scar crossing it's face looking like an axe bit into the beast a long time ago.

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
Character      AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Jules          19  10  none/none
Galyne         16  12  bow/none
Vixtrin        15  15  none/none
Eldriel        17  11  sword/none
Aria           13   8  none/none
WolfA          14   9  none/none
WolfB          14   9  none/none
WolfC          14  20  none/none
Posted above in INIT order. TOP of Round 1
.[/sblock]

Attachments

• AoW Round1.jpg
    AoW Round1.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 126

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Anyone can post in any order but remember that another players actions may "chump" your own (So you should post a little vaguely i.e. attack nearest enemy, or if A happens I do B). I usually give two days for everyone to post before posting a 24 hour warning that I will advance the combat. By then the character will eithe rnot go or if you have given me what they are up to doing I will follow that. [/sblock]

"What the devil?!" Vixtrin double moves toward the wolves to the southern portion of the road, spiked chain drawn and ready.
OOC: Double move this round, attack if within range (spiked chain has 10' reach). If not within range this round, stop just east of that clump of boulders on the southern side of the road opposite the cabin.

[sblock]SW 8 squares in a straight diagonal.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] grid is 5' per square and CB you just need to give directional. So you are saying she travels SW, x8? [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne almost lets loose at the obvious leader but then decides that it would be better tactics to try to kill one of the weaker ones first. So he looses an arrow at one of the staving wolves. His arrow flies true, hitting his target in the eye and felling it instantly

Galyne considers taking refuge is the cottage but thinks that its protection is dubious at best. Instead he backs up until his back is against the wall, drops his bow and draws his axe.

[sblock=Action]Standard Action: Longbow 1d20+5 +2 [Favoured Enemy] +1 [Point Blank Shot], 1d8+1 +2 [Favoured Enemy] +1 [Point Blank Shot]
Free Actions: 5' step north to cottage wall.
Free Actions: Drop bow
Move Action: Draw Greataxe
[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Speed: 30 ft.
Defence: AC 16, HP 12/12

Attack:Dagger +3,1d4+2, 19-20x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5,1d4+3, 19-20x2, 10 ft. [Range]
Greataxe +3,1d12+3, 20x3
Longbow +5,1d8+1, 20x3, 100 ft. [Range] Special: PBS(feat) +1 to hit and damage at ranges up to 30'

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will 2/+4 vs enchantments only

Arrows: 20, 19
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads