• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn (Team Diamond Lake) - IC

renau1g

First Post
Jules draws his crossbow and fires, his bolt causing a minor scrape

[sblock=ooc]
At the one Galyne attacked, or if it's dead the other smaller one [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Eldariel moves S to the door of the cottage, sword already drawn. He stands beside Galyn and prepares to meet the wolves as they approach.

He gives the wolves a stare as they come closer, and attempts to use his Wild Empathy (such as it is), if not to stall them, then give them a sense that attacking is not necessary.

However, if they do charge him before he can convince the wolves not to attack (this being a high pressure situation) he will defend himself with the goal of keeping the wolves from entering the cottage.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Arrows and bolts fly and one of the wolves falls to them as Vixtrin moves quickly foward swing her chain. The last smaller wolf charges forward avoiding Vixtrin's chain while it tries to bite her.

The large wolf seems unaffected by Eldriel "Avren" and it growls menacingly before advancing on the ranger. The elf is quick and avoids the attack, the large wolf looking even more deadly up close.

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
Character      AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Jules          19  10  c.bow/none
Galyne         16  12  bow/none
Vixtrin        15  15  chain/none
Eldriel        17  11  sword/none
Aria           13   8  none/none
WolfA          [COLOR=yellow]12[/COLOR]   9  none/[COLOR=yellow][I]charged[/I][/COLOR]
WolfB          14  [COLOR=red]-2[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
WolfC          14  20  none/none

.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Note: Aria can still take her round 1 action if she wishes, but will say she delayed her actions. And will now go after wolves do.

Zeke will hear the combat and can enter it at the end of any round after posting up.[/sblock]

Attachments

• AoW Round2.jpg
    AoW Round2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Vixtrin darts a short distance away from the wolf attacking her and swings her length of spiked chain at the fell beast. Her eyes wide with fear and her thoughts in a jumble, Vixtrin holds her breath as she raises her chain high above her head, ready to bring it down in a hard arc on the wolf. Wolves?! When's the last time the town was set upon by wolves?!
OOC: Five-foot step backward. Spiked chain +3, 2d4+3. 10' reach with the spiked chain.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Eldariel slashes his blade at the great wolf, whirling it around to cleave the beast.

He also tries to remember if this is a different type of wolf than a normal wolf, now that he can see it up close. In case it's one of the intelligent wolves from his homeland, he speaks to it between sword blows.

Turn back, wolf. I mean you no harm, but I will defend the woman in that cottage. Let us leave in peace, and I shall let you live!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Aria shrinks back, her eyes wide and terrified. As the wolves close in, she raises a hand in front of her to shield herself...and her eyes roll up in their sockets so that only the whites show. A heavy, breathy voice oozes from her lips, and something that looks like a long skeletal hand and arm made from thin, glowing green smoke lashes out from her palm and slashes its sharp-looking fingertips across the larger wolf's hide, leaving dimly glowing marks that shine through its fur briefly, then fade away.

Her eyes snap back to normal and a look of confusion crosses her face.

(Magic Missile on Bad Wolf!)

renau1g

First Post
Jules drops his bow and pulls out his blades, moving in closer.

[sblock=ooc]
Move southwest 6 squares & draw rapier and shortsword. This puts his AC at 19 (without the two weapons it's at 18) [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Galyan curses himself for dropping his bow prematurely, as he now has a perfect opportunity. Vowing not to be so haste in future, he puts his frustration behind him, steps round Eldariel and swipes at the big bad wolf with his axe. Unfortunately, he was busy trying not to damage the skin and missed completely.

[sblock=Action]Free Actions: 5' step due south west.
Standard Action: Greataxe 1d20+3 +2 [Favoured Enemy], 1d12+3 +2 [Favoured Enemy]
[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Speed: 30 ft.
Defence: AC 16, HP 12/12

Attack:Dagger +3,1d4+2, 19-20x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5,1d4+3, 19-20x2, 10 ft. [Range]
Greataxe +3,1d12+3, 20x3
Longbow +5,1d8+1, 20x3, 100 ft. [Range] Special: PBS(feat) +1 to hit and damage at ranges up to 30'

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will 2/+4 vs enchantments only

Arrows: 20, 19
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads