The 'Wonderland'-Inspired Faces of the RAGE OF DEMONS

Take a peek at some of the art from D&D's upcoming Rage of Demons storyline. This art is by Richard Whitters, who is the art director for D&D and used to work as a concept artist for Magic: the Gathering. WotC's Chris Perkins has indicated that one of the influences on Rage of Demons was Alice in Wonderland, and I think the influence is clear when you look at the characters below.

CEXkKiqUsAADuq1.jpg

OUGALOP, kuo-toa cave cricket catcher extraordinaire.

CEXk_2UUIAA18QX.jpg

YUK YUK and SPIDERBAIT, goblin adrenaline junkies.

CEXlbDRUUAA1KJG.jpg
CEXlbDVUIAAjx2O.jpg
CEXlbHxVEAEU5nF.jpg
CEXlbKQUUAAQxoA.jpg

THE SOCIETY OF BRILLIANCE, the Mensa of the Underdark.

CEXlz0NVIAIsi3J.jpg

GLABBAGOOL, awakened gelatinous cube.

CEXmWjDUUAA95l4.jpg

RUMPADUMP and STOOL, myconid followers.

CEXm0_fUsAATIyA.jpg

PRINCE DERENDIL, a quaggoth who thinks he's elven royalty.

CEXnNiIUkAAMyaR.jpg
CEXnNikVEAA7aHI.jpg

TOPSY and TURVY, svirfneblin wererat siblings.

CEXnxQ4VEAAilzD.jpg

THE PUDDING KING, svirfneblin devotee (i.e., flunky) of Juiblex the Faceless Lord.

CEWVicQUMAA4Xqu.jpg

D&D's "Legion of Doom." What a wonderful bunch of malcontents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yay! Saturday morning cartoon-level caricatures with silly names! Now I don't know about you, but this screams "terrifying underdark story involving demons and mad villains" to me.

Add in Drizz't and I'm pretty sure this will be the most awesomest of awesome $60 story-books the world has ever seen!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

PS: In case you missed it...that whole post was SARCASM. Just FYI. In other words, I am not a fan of this new "multi-media story" thing they're doing. Ick.

See, you say you don't like it.

But adding Saturday morning cartoon-level caricatures with silly names makes it at least 1000x awesomer, that is just objective science.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I am actually kind of friggin' in love with this stuff.

It reminds me - in the most delightful way - of DiTerlizzi's stuff. They have LOADS of personality, they look like awesome characters, critters I want to know more about. Their bodies are distinct, and it's not all "grr argh I am spooky scary monster snarl rar."

THE PUDDING KING is my favorite. I mean, you say demon princes in the underdark and I'm like "Yeah, like friggin' always," but you say that it includes a character called THE PUDDING KING and I'm like "Tell me more of these demon-tunnels of which you speak..."

Mercule

Adventurer
"Awakened gelatinous cube"? That's actually pretty awesome, but I feel really, really bad for him. It would really suck to be sentient Jell-O.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
THE PUDDING KING is my favorite. I mean, you say demon princes in the underdark and I'm like "Yeah, like friggin' always," but you say that it includes a character called THE PUDDING KING and I'm like "Tell me more of these demon-tunnels of which you speak..."
I'm actually more afraid of his father, the Puddin' Pop.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
"Awakened gelatinous cube"? That's actually pretty awesome, but I feel really, really bad for him. It would really suck to be sentient Jell-O.
"Of course you can join the party! There's always room for J-E-L-L-O."

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases