D&D General The Worst Part About Leaving D&D...

Reynard

Legend
It's interesting that the biggest legacy left behind from the D20 Star Wars era is the videogame Knights of the Old Republic.

Just about every videogamer I talk to LOVES that game and most everyone of them had no idea it was based on a TTRPG.
That's because most video game players, even rpg fans, don't really care about the underlying systems. They care about the story and emergent play elements.

Hey, waitaminit...

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
...is the much decreased level of engagement for other games. There's no place to enjoy as robust, broad based, active and pugnacious conversation about, say, Savage Worlds.

The trick is to take an aspect of a game you play, and then start at thread about it ... but frame it as something you'd like to do with 5e. That'll get the discussions started and you can enjoy lots of different viewpoints.

E.g. I love Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. So I could start a thread saying "Fate points would make 5e better" and then lean back and pop the corn!

I stopped playing D&D as my primary system in the early '90s, long before I joined ENWorld. I find this community useful. I spend more time on General Tabletop Discussion, but since I still run heroic fantasy as a genre, I find plenty of useful stuff on this board too.

I couldn't understand the draw of discord for larger communities until I found the unofficial GURPS discord. Pretty helpful community over there.

Remove ads