D&D Movie/TV There's A New Trailer For D&D: Honor Among Thieves

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

A brand new trailer for the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons movie has just been released! The movie comes out March 31st. This trailer very much highlights the tongue-in-cheek nature of the movie and is filled with one-liners. The trailer also gives us a good luck at the Red Wizards of Thay, along with the mimic, the owlbear, and other iconic D&D monsters.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
It's acid.
😩
It's a line of acid, exactly like it's been in the tabletop version since black dragons were invented. You can see the acid dissolving things and bubbling on the ground in that trailer. It's basically how I, at least, have visualized what a flying black dragon using its breath weapon would look like ever since I started playing the game.
Well, with apologies, it looks like literal crap.

Attachments

• blackDragon1.png
    blackDragon1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Hm... I still find it unlikely a studio would take a chance on Pathfinder. I could see Shadowrun being considered, since it's way different than D&D (maybe once most people forgot Bright ever existed :p )
Dude being similar to D&D makes it more likely, not less! 😅

Like…when a thing does well, studios put out clones of it. It’s one of hollywoods more pervasive strategies.

And PF has a solid name, diverse iconic characters, a dedicated fanbase, and is a natural competitor to a D&D franchise.

Well, with apologies, it looks like literal crap.
I mean, real acid isn't green like that either. As we don't have actual black dragons to study to determine exactly what their breath weapon chemically is, how it's made, and what it looks like, any interpretation is as good as any other. It spewing some sort of acidic black bile isn't a bad notion, really, from a physiological standpoint...

I mean, real acid isn't green like that either. As we don't have actual black dragons to study to determine exactly what their breath weapon chemically is, how it's made, and what it looks like, any interpretation is as good as any other. It spewing some sort of acidic black bile isn't a bad notion, really, from a physiological standpoint...
As someone who sometimes finds themselves teaching chemistry, I really hate the green acid trope.

Remove ads

Remove ads